- Ft. Mitchell
Practice Group Attorneys
- Vincent Antaki
- Laurie Avery
- Hugh Bode
- Anthony Catanzarite
- John Dunn
- Kenneth Finley
- Michael Gilbride
- Gregory Guice
- Daniel Haude
- Robert Hojnoski
- Anthony Holton
- David Hudson
- Logan Hughes
- Houston Hum
- Jennifer Jandes
- Thomas Kilbane
- Nathan Lennon
- Frank Leonetti, III
- Michael Mahon
- Rafael McLaughlin
- Danny Merril Newman Jr.
- Robert Ott
- Anthony Pernice
- Zachary Pyers
- James Scheidler
- Matthew Schrader
- Jade Stewart
- Matthew Taulbee
- Trevor Wells
- Thomas Wolf
- Robert Yallech
Reminger’s Product Liability attorneys are nationally recognized, and have the experience necessary to handle the complex issues inherent in product liability actions.
Reminger is proud to announce that U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® awarded the firm with a number of national and regional rankings for 2019. As part of those rankings, our Product Liability Litigation Practice Group is ranked as Metropolitan Cleveland Tier 1.
Clients have come to rely on Reminger’s Product Liability attorneys’ skill and expertise to handle any product liability matter. For more than 50 years, Reminger has represented a large breadth of product liability clients including the defense of claims against international manufacturers and distributors of automobiles, boats, recreational vehicles, household consumer products, and industrial machinery. Clients entrust Reminger with the defense of their products in claims for personal injury, wrongful death and significant subrogation claims. We have extensive experience representing defendants in class action and MDL cases. In addition, Reminger attorneys have successfully tried and obtained defense verdicts on behalf of our clients in numerous high-risk, high-exposure cases.
Our practice group’s national reputation is demonstrated not only in that we are known throughout the legal community, but that our attorneys have appeared before industry groups, standard making bodies, and the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, to address issues of product recalls and nationwide corrective action programs.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Indiana.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Kentucky.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Ohio.
Representative Clients: American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Bradford White Corporation, Conair (Cuisinart), Gould, Inc., Heil Co., Hyundai Motors America, Kia Motors of America, Mannessman Demag AG, Mazda Motor America Inc., Mercedes Benz USA, Mitsubishi, Porsche Cars North America, Saint Gobain Corp, Subaru of America, Toyota Motor Sales USA, Volkswagen of America, Volvo Cars of North America, Wal-Mart, Wellcraft Marine
Insurance Carriers/TPAs: Allianz Insurance, Hartford, Tokyo Fire and Marine, Travelers
Obtained a defense verdict in the alleged wrongful death of an eighteen-month-old in federal court on behalf of a sporting goods manufacturer.
Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an automobile manufacturer in a traumatic brain injury case involving an allegedly defective airbag.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of automobile manufacturer on an airbag claim.
Obtained directed verdict on behalf of sporting goods manufacturer on fire damage claim.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of battery manufacturer in federal court.
Motion to dismiss granted on behalf of hardware manufacturer and supplier in personal injury lawsuit.
Obtained a defense verdict at trial in wrongful death claim on behalf of a commercial garage door opener.
Obtained defense verdict at trial on behalf of a lawn mower manufacturer against claims of bodily injury/amputation.
Successfully defended numerous claims of sudden acceleration against various automobile manufacturers.
- 25 of our attorneys have been recognized as Super Lawyers.
- 6 of our attorneys have been listed in Best Lawyers in America.
- Practice Group Leader Hugh Bode is a member of PLAC (Product Liability Advisory Committee).
“On any product liability case that I have ever had to assign, Hugh Bode has done a fabulous job in service and results.”
-Lisa, Senior Claims Adjuster
- Indiana Insurance Co. as subrogee of Indian Ridge Golf Club vs. E-Z-GOAugust 25, 2017, Hung JuryButler County
Prosecution of subrogation action involving fire caused by product defect
- Sidney Byrd v. Medline Industries, Inc.May 19, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Arbitration defense of medical device (rolling walker) product liability personal injury claim (Nixon & Co.)
- S. Byrd v. MedlineMarch 1, 2017, Finding For DefendantLucas
Arbitration defense of products personal injury liability claim
- December 23, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake
Defense of product liability claim
- James A. Martin v. Scientific Games CorporationsSeptember 28, 2015, Complaint dismissedShelby County, IN
Defense of product liability claim
- December 11, 2014, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in products liability personal injury claim
- Grennell v. HyundaiAugust 8, 2014, Finding for Defendant on all countsFranklin
Arbitration defense of lemon law an breach of express
- S. Culler v. WMK, Inc., et al.April 18, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedCuyahoga
Defense of products liability matter
- Heiser v. Kia Motors America, Inc.April 2, 2014, Directed VerdictStark
Defense of breach of express and implied warranty and Consumer Sales Practices Act Claim product liability
- Richard Lee Dunlap v. Maren Engineering, et al.,September 10, 2013, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMahoning
Defense of products liability personal injury claim
- Powell, et al. v. Tosh, et al.August 2, 2013, Motion to Decertify Case as Class Action (granted)U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Class action claims for agricultural nuisance and product liability
- Matusoff v. Kia Motors AmericaApril 19, 2013, Defense VerdictMontgomery
Defense of breach of auto warranty and Lemon Law claim
- Powell, et al. v. Tosh, et al.March 8, 2013, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Class action claims for agricultural nuisance and product liability
- Susan and Robert Rhodes v. Kia Motors AmericaFebruary 8, 2013, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of products liability Lemon Law case
- Trisha Kearns-Rader et al. v. Kia Motors AmericaNovember 30, 2012, Favorable OutcomeFranklin
Defense of property damage products warranty lemon law liability claim
- Nicki Hawkins, et al., v. World Factory, et al.September 27, 2012, Judgment Affirmed5th Appellate Dist
Plaintiffs appealed adverse trial court judgment in products liability case
- G. Quinn v. Kia Motors of AmericaAugust 10, 2012, Finding For DefendantLucas
Arbitration defense of property damage products liability case
- Kevin Tucker, et al. v. WinnebagoMay 15, 2012, Defense VerdictFayette County, KY
Defense of product liability personal injury and property damage claim
- McCarthy v. Sterling Chemicals Inc., et al.February 25, 2011, Reversed1st Appellate Dist
Tank car manufacturer appeals trial court’s grant of new trial to personal injury plaintiff.
- C. Creighton v. National Tire & Battery Co.July 2, 2010, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration - Defense of property damage product liability claim
- Kirk Morris v. KAZ, Inc.November 18, 2009, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of products liability personal injury.
- M. Merew v. American HondaAugust 28, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictMuskingham
Defense of products liability claim of ATV purchase.
- E/O Kelly v. Honda Motor Corp.March 17, 2009, Defense VerdictClayton - GA
Defense of auto liability design wrongful death claim
- McCarthy v. Texana Tank Car & ManufacturingFebruary 4, 2009, Directed VerdictHamilton
Defense of catastrophic injury claim in products liability case
- Press Release, November 1, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, November 1, 2017
- February 3, 2017
- Press Release, November 1, 2016
- Press Release, June 8, 2016
- Press Release, December 2, 2015
- Press Release, November 23, 2015
- Press Release, November 13, 2015
- Press Release, November 2, 2015
- Press Release, November 3, 2014
- Press Release, May 11, 2011
- Lemon Law and Administrative Regulations Governing Motor Vehicle RepairsColumbus, OH, October 13, 2016
- Lemon Law, Motor Vehicle Repair Acts, and Federal Warranty Acts affecting the ConsumerGilbride Company CLE, Independence, OH, May 13, 2015
- Common Mistakes that Lead to Liability for Automobile Dealers and Service CompaniesAutomotive Service Association of Ohio, Cincinnati, OH, November 12, 2014
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Ohio’s Consumer Sales Practices ActAutomotive Service Association of Ohio, Cincinnati, OH, November 12, 2014
- Pre-Suit Negotiations in Auto, Products Liability and Warranty ClaimsSeminar, Los Angeles, CA, April 24, 2014
- The Consumer Sales Practices Act and the Ramification for Practicing AttorneysCLE - Cleveland, OH, November 15, 2013
- Electronic DiscoveryBluegrass Claims Association - Lexington, KY, October 18, 2012
- Product Liability LawMoen Inc. in-house seminar - North Olmsted, OH, September 1, 2011
- DRI Products Liability Seminar - New Orleans, LA, April 8, 2011
- The Automobile "Lemon Law" and the need for service documentationJune 2, 2009
- The Lost Art of Voir DireMarch 27, 2009
- Products Liability Practice Group Newsletter, December 16, 2016
- June 26, 2015
- Newsletter, June 6, 2014
- Reminger Client Tools, November 15, 2013
- Reminger Products Liability Practice Group Spring/Summer Newsletter, June 21, 2013
- Published Case: Ford Motor Credit Co., et al. v. Ryan 189 Ohio App. 3d 560, 2010-Ohio-4601, May 2, 2011
- Ohio Products Liability Law MonographReminger Client Tools, April 1, 2011
- Kentucky Products Liability Law MonographReminger Client Tools, April 1, 2011
- 50 State Overview of Joint and Several LiabilityReminger Client Tool, December 1, 2010
- Zippo and Internet Activity , the New Language of Personal JurisdictionFor the Defense in-house Defense Counsel Quarterly-Defense Research Institute- April 2010, March 9, 2010
- "Discovery Rule" did not toll statute of limitations for claim arising out of work place chemical exposurePublished case Doane, et al. v. Givaudan Flavors Corp., et al. 184 Ohio App. 3d 26, 2009-Ohio-4989, January 18, 2010
- 50 State Survey of Statutes of Repose for Product Liability and Improvement to Real EstateDecember 1, 2009
- "Owner Not Required to Allege that Settlement Extinguished Manufacturer's and Seller's Liability in Cause of Action for Contribution Claim."May 27, 2009
- Ohio Tort Reform and Products LiabilityMay 13, 2009
- A User's Guide to the Medicare/Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007May 4, 2009
- "A Trial Court May Allow Discovery to Go Forward in Relation to the Parties not Bound by Arbitration Agreement"Published case-Slusher v. Ohio Valley Propane Services 177 Ohio App. 3d 852, 2008-Ohio-41, December 8, 2008
- By: Codie J. RossNovember 13, 2018
- July 13, 2009
- March 19, 2008
- Ohio Supreme Court Clears up Definition of 'New Motor Vehicle' under Lemon Law and Reaffirms Implied Warranty Claim Requiring PrivityAugust 22, 2007