Bob serves as the Co-Chair of the Products Liability Practices Group at Reminger. He is also a Leader of the firm's Environmental/Mass Tort Practice Group. Bob focuses his legal practice in the areas of products liability and business and commercial litigation as well as representing professionals in high exposure malpractice actions. Bob is a trial lawyer who represents both international and domestic corporations in wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases. He represents clients throughout the country and has extensive trial experience in both federal and state courts.
Bob also taught law students as an adjunct professor at Cleveland State University, College of Law. He trained second and third year law students in the art of trial advocacy from 2002 through 2008.
Obtained a defense verdict in the alleged wrongful death of an eighteen-month-old in federal court on behalf of a sporting goods manufacturer.
Defense verdict on behalf of an automobile manufacturer in a traumatic brain injury case involving an allegedly defective airbag.
Defense verdict on behalf of medical professionals in a wrongful death case.
Obtained defense verdict on behalf of hospital in traumatic birth injury case.
Directed verdict on behalf of sporting goods manufacturer on fire damage claim.
Defense verdict in wrongful death claim on behalf of a manufacturer of commercial garage door openers.
Defense verdict in an employment discrimination case.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants and Product Liability Litigation, Defendants
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Mahoning County Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Adjunct Professor, Cleveland State University College of Law, Trial Advocacy Competition Course, 2002-2008
“We have been very happy with the services of Reminger. Working with Mike Gilbride and Bob Yallech is a pleasure. They, and the other Reminger lawyers that serve us outside of Ohio, understand us as a client and know how we like to do things. It sounds very simple, but not every attorney/firm understands the importance of listening to and knowing the client.”
-Christopher, Manager of Legal and Consumer Affairs
- Aug 22, 2023, Motion For Summary JudgmentMahoning County Court of Common Pleas
Motion for partial summary judgment granted, limiting damages, in an environmental professional liability case due to a limitation of liability clause in the contract.
- May 1, 2023, Motion to Dismiss GrantedJefferson County Court of Common Pleas
Represented a hotel against a claim for negligence.
- Mar 2023Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas
Obtained a voluntary dismissal of a medical device claim.
- Nov 3, 2022Trumbull County, Ohio
Summary judgment granted in favor of retailer after a customer alleged negligent security when an assailant assaulted him and stole his car in the parking lot.
- Jul 8, 2022Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas
Summary judgment granted in favor of big-box retail client where a customer alleged negligent security when an assailant pulled a weapon on him.
- Jul 5, 2022Trumbull
Summary judgment granted in favor of our community facility client in case of alleged negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and loss of consortium.
- Mar 25, 2022, Motion for Summary Judgment Affirmed7th District Court of Appeals
Defense of claim alleging negligence on premises of big box retailer.
- May 3, 2021Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of claim alleging negligence on premises of big box retailer.
- Devon Degenero v. Generations Behavioral HealthApr 13, 2021, Motion to Dismiss GrantedMahoning County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of behavioral health facility medical malpractice claim.
- Sep 23, 2020, Summary Judgment GrantedColumbiana County Court of Common Pleas
Defended insurance company in alleged wrongful termination in violation of public policy. The Court granted summary judgment finding no violation occurred.
- Sep 4, 2019, Motion to Dismiss GrantedTrumbull
Defense of negligence claim against a security company
- Sep 3, 2018, Motion to Dismiss GrantedU.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Defense of legal malpractice case alleging conspiracy
- Jun 28, 2018, Motion for Judgment on Pleadings GrantedPortage
Defense of insurance agent E&O claim
- Aug 22, 2017, Judgment for PlaintiffMahoning
Defense of commercial dispute involving service provider’s claim for compensation for services and lost profits
- Jul 19, 2017Jefferson County
Defense of commercial premises liability personal injury claim
- Jul 8, 2017Trumbull
Defense of personal injury claim leading to incarceration. (Wal-Mart)
- Jun 16, 2017, Judgment Affirmed7th Appellate Dist
Merlin v. Ankle & Foot Care Centers of Ohio, et al.
Plaintiff appealed the trial court’s denial of motion for mistrial due to alleged unfair surprise related to supplemental discovery just prior to trial.
- Jun 23, 2016, Motion to Dismiss based upon immunity grantedMahoning
Defense of legal malpractice action
- Jun 3, 2016, Plaintiff VerdictMahoning
Defense of admitted liability personal injury claim
- Mar 8, 2016, Motion to Dismiss GrantedColumbiana
Defense of insurance agent E&O claim
- Feb 16, 2016, Motion to Dismiss GrantedMahoning
Defense of dental malpractice claim
- Dec 23, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake
Defense of product liability claim
- Sep 10, 2015, Judgment Affirmed7th Appellate Dist
Marc Cheeks et al. v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.,
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in wrongful arrest claim.
- Sep 2, 2015Columbiana
Defense of commercial premises liability claim
- Jun 9, 2015, Reversed7th Appellate Dist
Schneidmiller v. Rapp, et al.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in legal malpractice case based on running of statute of limitations.
- Mar 23, 2015Mahoning
Defense of catastrophic birth injury medical malpractice case
- Jan 15, 2015Mahoning
Defense of commercial premises personal injury claim
- Dec 11, 2014, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Stephen Culler v. WMK, Inc., et al
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in products liability personal injury claim
- Apr 18, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedCuyahoga
Defense of products liability matter
- Feb 3, 2014, Summary Judgment GrantedMahoning
Defense of legal malpractice claim involving shares of stock and in various other business ventures
- Nov 18, 2013Mahoning
Arbitration defense of commercial premises liability claim
- Sep 10, 2013Mahoning
Defense of products liability personal injury claim
- Aug 6, 2013, Directed VerdictMahoning
Arbitration defense of property damage miscellaneous professional liability claim
- Jun 20, 2013, Summary JudgmentBelmont
Defense of improper inspection and service to vehicle
- Apr 3, 2013, Judgment on the Pleadings grantedTrumbull
Defense of insurance coverage claim involving damage to insured dwelling during burglary
- Mar 12, 2013Trumbull
Defense of insurance broker errors and omissions claim
- Sep 5, 2012Mahoning
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Mar 27, 2012, Judgment Affirmed7th Appellate Dist
Q. Lacy v. Wal-Mart
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in commercial premises liability claim.
- Jul 15, 2011Columbiana
Arbitration defense of property damage construction case
- May 27, 2009, Motions for Summary Judgment deniedU.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
The District Court, Katz, J., held that: i) owner was not required to allege that settlement extinguished manufacturer's and seller's liability in order to state contribution claim, and
- Feb 23, 2009Mahoning
Arbitration defense of property damage commercial premises liability claim
- Oct 24, 2007Ashtabula
Defense of catastrophic brain injury auto design liabiity claim.
- Apr 2, 2007, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of clear liability trucking personal injury claim.
- Youngstown Business Journal, Feb 27, 2020
- Robert Yallech Quoted in The Morning Journal Article on Oil and Gas Industry Client and Fracking WasteThe Morning Journal, Sep 22, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- DRI Products Liability Seminar - New Orleans, LA, Apr 8, 2011
- An Overview of Commercial Premises Liability Causes of Action - Wal-Mart Claims Management, Inc.Bartlesville, OK, Mar 6, 2011
- Products Liability Practice Group Newsletter, Dec 16, 2016
- Jun 26, 2015
- Newsletter, Jun 6, 2014
- Reminger Client Tools, Nov 15, 2013
- Jan 9, 2023
- Jan 5, 2023
- It’s About Time…Ohio Brings Overtime Rules and Collective Action Procedures in Line with Federal LawAug 2, 2022
- West Virginia’s COVID-19 Jobs Protection Act Provides Needed Liability Shield To Business And Healthcare ProvidersJun 2, 2021
- Apr 8, 2021
- Feb 4, 2020
- Sep 23, 2019
- Immune, Not Forgotten: Ohio’s First District Holds Immune Employer Can Be Used as an “Empty Chair” When Considering Apportionment of FaultAug 13, 2019
- Jan 22, 2019
- Nov 13, 2018
- The Ohio Supreme Court Confirms that the Ohio Saving Statute Does Not Apply to Actions Previously Commenced in Another State Court or in a Federal Court Located in Another StateSep 5, 2018
- The Ohio Supreme Court Deals a Heavy Blow to the Use of the Delayed-Damage Rule Against Insurance Agents in Professional Liability ActionsJul 10, 2018
- Sixth Circuit Holds That Discrimination Based on Transgender Status is Considered Sex Discrimination Under Title VIIMar 14, 2018
- The Ohio Supreme Court Rejects Cumulative Exposure as Sufficient to Establish Substantial Factor in Asbestos CasesFeb 9, 2018
- Ohio Supreme Court Determines That The Independent Corroborative Evidence Necessary To Prove An Uninsured Motorist Claim Need Not Be IndependentJan 16, 2017
- Ohio Supreme Court Amends Attorney Rules Of Professional Conduct To Specifically Allow Attorneys To Provide Legal Services To Clients Involved In Medical Marijuana EnterprisesDec 6, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016
- Ohio Court Reaffirms The Duty And Liability Of An Owner To An Independent Contractor Involving An Inherently Dangerous CircumstanceNov 2, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016
- Ohio Lawyers Cannot Provide Legal Services To Assist A Client In Establishing And Operating A Medical Marijuana EnterpriseSep 9, 2016
- Aug 17, 2016
- Jul 11, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016
- May 24, 2016
- Jan 11, 2016
- Mar 9, 2015
- Mar 4, 2015
- Mar 19, 2008
- Professional Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Architects and Engineers/Construction Liability
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & General Business
- Employment Practices/Civil Rights Defense
- Environmental/Mass Tort/Class Action
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Legal Professional Liability
- Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Life Sciences
- Products Liability
- Retail, Hospitality and Entertainment
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
J.D., Cleveland State University College of Law, summa cum laude, 2002
- Cleveland State Law Review, Articles Editor
- Member, Cleveland State National Mock Trial Team
B.A., Youngstown State University, 1998
- State of Ohio, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2006