Reminger’s Product Liability attorneys are nationally recognized, and have the experience necessary to handle the complex issues inherent in product liability actions.
Reminger is proud to announce that U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® awarded the firm with a number of national and regional rankings for 2020. As part of those rankings, our Product Liability Litigation Practice Group is ranked as Metropolitan Cleveland Tier 1 and Metropolitan Cincinnati Tier 3.
Clients have come to rely on Reminger’s Product Liability attorneys’ skill and expertise to handle any product liability matter. For more than 50 years, Reminger has represented a large breadth of product liability clients including the defense of claims against international manufacturers and distributors of automobiles, boats, recreational vehicles, household consumer products, and industrial machinery. Clients entrust Reminger with the defense of their products in claims for personal injury, wrongful death and significant subrogation claims. We have extensive experience representing defendants in class action and MDL cases. In addition, Reminger attorneys have successfully tried and obtained defense verdicts on behalf of our clients in numerous high-risk, high-exposure cases.
Our practice group’s national reputation is demonstrated not only in that we are known throughout the legal community, but that our attorneys have appeared before industry groups, standard making bodies, and the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, to address issues of product recalls and nationwide corrective action programs.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Indiana.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Kentucky.
Click here to download a copy of our Products Liability Summary of Law for Ohio.
Obtained a defense verdict in the alleged wrongful death of an eighteen-month-old in federal court on behalf of a sporting goods manufacturer.
Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an automobile manufacturer in a traumatic brain injury case involving an allegedly defective airbag.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of automobile manufacturer on an airbag claim.
Obtained directed verdict on behalf of sporting goods manufacturer on fire damage claim.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of battery manufacturer in federal court.
Motion to dismiss granted on behalf of hardware manufacturer and supplier in personal injury lawsuit.
Obtained a defense verdict at trial in wrongful death claim on behalf of a commercial garage door opener.
Obtained defense verdict at trial on behalf of a lawn mower manufacturer against claims of bodily injury/amputation.
Successfully defended numerous claims of sudden acceleration against various automobile manufacturers.
Honors & Recognitions
Reminger’s Products Liability Group was ranked by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” as Metropolitan Cleveland Tier 1 and Metropolitan Cincinnati Tier 2 for 2021.
- 25 of our attorneys have been recognized as Super Lawyers.
- 3 of our attorneys have been listed in Best Lawyers in America in 2021.
- Practice Group Leader Hugh Bode is a member of PLAC (Product Liability Advisory Committee).
Representative Clients: American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Bradford White Corporation, Conair (Cuisinart), Gould, Inc., Heil Co., Hyundai Motors America, Kia Motors of America, Mannessman Demag AG, Mazda Motor America Inc., Mercedes Benz USA, Mitsubishi, Porsche Cars North America, Saint Gobain Corp, Subaru of America, Toyota Motor Sales USA, Volkswagen of America, Volvo Cars of North America, Wal-Mart, Wellcraft Marine
Insurance Carriers/TPAs: Allianz Insurance, Hartford, Tokyo Fire and Marine, Travelers
“On any product liability case that I have ever had to assign, Hugh Bode has done a fabulous job in service and results.”
-Lisa, Senior Claims Adjuster
“We have been very happy with the services of Reminger. They understand us as a client and know how we like to do things. It sounds very simple, but not every attorney/firm understands the importance of listening to and knowing the client.”
-Christopher, Manager of Legal and Consumer Affairs
- Jul 30, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedKnox
Defense negligence claim brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she sustained an electrical shock while occupying a fair ride operated by client.
- Aug 25, 2017, Hung JuryButler County
Prosecution of subrogation action involving fire caused by product defect
- May 19, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Arbitration defense of medical device (rolling walker) product liability personal injury claim (Nixon & Co.)
- Mar 1, 2017, Finding For DefendantLucas
Arbitration defense of products personal injury liability claim
- Dec 23, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake
Defense of product liability claim
- Sep 28, 2015, Complaint dismissedShelby County, IN
Defense of product liability claim
- Dec 11, 2014, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Stephen Culler v. WMK, Inc., et al
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in products liability personal injury claim
- Aug 8, 2014, Finding for Defendant on all countsFranklin
Arbitration defense of lemon law an breach of express
- Apr 18, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedCuyahoga
Defense of products liability matter
- Apr 2, 2014, Directed VerdictStark
Defense of breach of express and implied warranty and Consumer Sales Practices Act Claim product liability
- Sep 10, 2013, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMahoning
Defense of products liability personal injury claim
- Aug 2, 2013, Motion to Decertify Case as Class Action (granted)U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Class action claims for agricultural nuisance and product liability
- Apr 19, 2013, Defense VerdictMontgomery
Defense of breach of auto warranty and Lemon Law claim
- Mar 8, 2013, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Class action claims for agricultural nuisance and product liability
- Feb 8, 2013, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of products liability Lemon Law case
- Nov 30, 2012, Favorable OutcomeFranklin
Defense of property damage products warranty lemon law liability claim
- Sep 27, 2012, Judgment Affirmed5th Appellate Dist
Nicki Hawkins, et al., v. World Factory, et al.
Plaintiffs appealed adverse trial court judgment in products liability case
- Aug 10, 2012, Finding For DefendantLucas
Arbitration defense of property damage products liability case
- May 15, 2012, Defense VerdictFayette County, KY
Defense of product liability personal injury and property damage claim
- Feb 25, 2011, Reversed1st Appellate Dist
McCarthy v. Sterling Chemicals Inc., et al.
Tank car manufacturer appeals trial court’s grant of new trial to personal injury plaintiff.
- Jul 2, 2010, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration - Defense of property damage product liability claim
- Nov 18, 2009, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of products liability personal injury.
- Aug 28, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictMuskingham
Defense of products liability claim of ATV purchase.
- Mar 17, 2009, Defense VerdictClayton - GA
Defense of auto liability design wrongful death claim
- Feb 4, 2009, Directed VerdictHamilton
Defense of catastrophic injury claim in products liability case
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2020
- Press Release, Nov 5, 2020
- Press Release, Oct 19, 2020
- Zachary B. Pyers Receives Outstanding Young Lawyer Award From the Ohio Association of Civil Trial AttorneysPress Release, Nov 26, 2019
- Press Release, Nov 5, 2019
- Nov 1, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, Nov 1, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Nov 1, 2017
- Feb 3, 2017
- Press Release, Nov 1, 2016
- Press Release, Jun 8, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Press Release, Nov 23, 2015
- Press Release, Nov 13, 2015
- Press Release, Nov 2, 2015
- Press Release, Nov 3, 2014
- Lemon Law and Administrative Regulations Governing Motor Vehicle RepairsColumbus, OH, Oct 13, 2016
- Lemon Law, Motor Vehicle Repair Acts, and Federal Warranty Acts affecting the ConsumerGilbride Company CLE, Independence, OH, May 13, 2015
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Ohio’s Consumer Sales Practices ActAutomotive Service Association of Ohio, Cincinnati, OH, Nov 12, 2014
- Common Mistakes that Lead to Liability for Automobile Dealers and Service CompaniesAutomotive Service Association of Ohio, Cincinnati, OH, Nov 12, 2014
- Pre-Suit Negotiations in Auto, Products Liability and Warranty ClaimsSeminar, Los Angeles, CA, Apr 24, 2014
- The Consumer Sales Practices Act and the Ramification for Practicing AttorneysCLE - Cleveland, OH, Nov 15, 2013
- Electronic DiscoveryBluegrass Claims Association - Lexington, KY, Oct 18, 2012
- Product Liability LawMoen Inc. in-house seminar - North Olmsted, OH, Sep 1, 2011
- DRI Products Liability Seminar - New Orleans, LA, Apr 8, 2011
- The Automobile "Lemon Law" and the need for service documentationJun 2, 2009
- The Lost Art of Voir DireMar 27, 2009
- American Bar Association, Oct 30, 2020
- Products Liability Practice Group Newsletter, Dec 16, 2016
- Jun 26, 2015
- Newsletter, Jun 6, 2014
- Reminger Client Tools, Nov 15, 2013
- Reminger Products Liability Practice Group Spring/Summer Newsletter, Jun 21, 2013
- Published Case: Ford Motor Credit Co., et al. v. Ryan 189 Ohio App. 3d 560, 2010-Ohio-4601, May 2, 2011
- Ohio Products Liability Law MonographReminger Client Tools, Apr 1, 2011
- Kentucky Products Liability Law MonographReminger Client Tools, Apr 1, 2011
- 50 State Overview of Joint and Several LiabilityReminger Client Tool, Dec 1, 2010
- Zippo and Internet Activity , the New Language of Personal JurisdictionFor the Defense in-house Defense Counsel Quarterly-Defense Research Institute- April 2010, Mar 9, 2010
- "Discovery Rule" did not toll statute of limitations for claim arising out of work place chemical exposurePublished case Doane, et al. v. Givaudan Flavors Corp., et al. 184 Ohio App. 3d 26, 2009-Ohio-4989, Jan 18, 2010
- 50 State Survey of Statutes of Repose for Product Liability and Improvement to Real EstateDec 1, 2009
- "Owner Not Required to Allege that Settlement Extinguished Manufacturer's and Seller's Liability in Cause of Action for Contribution Claim."May 27, 2009
- Ohio Tort Reform and Products LiabilityMay 13, 2009
- A User's Guide to the Medicare/Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007May 4, 2009
- "A Trial Court May Allow Discovery to Go Forward in Relation to the Parties not Bound by Arbitration Agreement"Published case-Slusher v. Ohio Valley Propane Services 177 Ohio App. 3d 852, 2008-Ohio-41, Dec 8, 2008
- Nov 13, 2018
- Jul 13, 2009
- Mar 19, 2008
- Ohio Supreme Court Clears up Definition of 'New Motor Vehicle' under Lemon Law and Reaffirms Implied Warranty Claim Requiring PrivityAug 22, 2007
All Practice Group Attorneys
- Michael P. Gilbride
- Robert S. Yallech
- Hugh J. Bode
- John M. Dunn
- Daniel R. Haude
- Robert W. Hojnoski
- Logan C. Hughes
- Danielle J. Lewis
- Vincent P. Antaki
- Mark R. Bush
- Daniel J. Curtin
- Kenneth L. Finley
- Gregory G. Guice
- Anthony L. Holton
- David R. Hudson
- Houston Hum
- Jennifer J. Jandes
- B. Scott Jones
- Thomas B. Kilbane
- Robert Kish
- Nathan A. Lennon
- Frank Leonetti, III
- Michael M. Mahon
- Rafael P. McLaughlin
- Danny Merril Newman Jr.
- Sarah E. Noble
- Robert A. Ott
- Anthony Pernice
- Zachary B. Pyers
- James P. Scheidler
- Matthew L. Schrader
- Lauren M. Spuzzillo
- Jade A. Stewart
- Matthew A. Taulbee
- Trevor Wells