For over twenty years Mike has defended the interests of corporate entities and individuals in civil matters. His breadth of experience allows him to handle a wide variety of claims. Over the years, he has counted among his clients automobile and boat manufacturers, attorneys, insurance agents, trucking and transportation companies, business owners, multi-national corporations and small businesses. He has handled, and continues to handle, cases in the areas of Product Liability, Lemon Law/Warranty Law, Professional Malpractice, Trucking and Transportation, Business Disputes, Business & Commercial Litigation, Construction Design/Manufacturing Defects and in the general area of Insurance Defense.
He has extensive first chair trial experience having successfully tried many cases in numerous courts throughout the State of Ohio. In addition to several defense verdicts on behalf of clients in the automotive industry, Mike has prevailed on behalf of his clients in trials involving claims for wrongful death, amputation injuries, malicious prosecution and wrongful discharge. He has also successfully argued cases in various Ohio Appellate Courts and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mike serves as the co-chair of the Firm’s Product Liability Practice Group. He is a frequent presenter of continuing legal education seminars discussing the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct and Consumer Sales Practices Act. Additionally, He has spoken to students in the Cleveland Public School system about the law profession and to students in the St. Ignatius High School pre law society.
Honors & Recognitions
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Community & Professional
Erie County Bar Association
“We have been very happy with the services of Reminger. Working with Mike Gilbride and Bob Yallech is a pleasure. They, and the other Reminger lawyers that serve us outside of Ohio, understand us as a client and know how we like to do things. It sounds very simple, but not every attorney/firm understands the importance of listening to and knowing the client.”
-Christopher, Manager of Legal and Consumer Affairs
- Apr 27, 2018, Judgment Affirmed6th Appellate District, Ottawa County
Cindy A. Caruso, et al. v. Erie Shoreline Properties LLC et al.
- May 10, 2017, Summary judgment affirmed, appeal dismissed3rd Appellate Dist.
Pelmear v. Henry County Commissioners
Plaintiff took out a loan for his business through a county revolving loan fund. The administrator for the loan inadvertently named the wrong debtor on the filings with the State. This misnamed debtor was another company owned by plaintiff. Plaintiff alleged damages as the result of the misfiling and also alleged that the paperwork in connection with the loan was fraudulent. Plaintiff defaulted on the loan and the County filed suit to collect on the loan and obtained judgment. The present lawsuits were filed in two separate actions by the plaintiff for damages. Court granted summary judgment on res judicata argument that the claims should have been asserted in the previous collections actions filed by the county to collect on the defaulted loan.
- May 5, 2017, Summary judgment affirmed, appeal dismissed6th Appellate Dist
Leo v. Burge
Plaintiff was allegedly injured in a work site accident. Plaintiff named the wrong party in complaint and was advised in discovery that wrong party was named. Plaintiff dismissed suit and then refiled. However, plaintiff never preserved the statute against the real party in interest and his claim was barred by the statute of limitations.
- Aug 8, 2014Franklin
Arbitration defense of lemon law an breach of express
- Apr 2, 2014, Directed VerdictStark
Defense of breach of express and implied warranty and Consumer Sales Practices Act Claim product liability
- Apr 19, 2013Montgomery
Defense of breach of auto warranty and Lemon Law claim
- Feb 8, 2013Summit
Defense of products liability Lemon Law case
- Dec 28, 2012Lucas
Successful prosecution of employment/commercial dispute arbitration claim
- Nov 30, 2012, Favorable OutcomeFranklin
Defense of property damage products warranty lemon law liability claim
- Aug 21, 2012Erie
Successful prosecution of appeal of cease and desist order received by client property owner regarding newly issued ordinance on rentals
- Nov 22, 2010, Judgment Affirmed3rd Appellate Dist.
Ronald Stewart, et al. v. AMF Bowling Centers, et al.
Plaintiffs appealed adverse trial court judgment in commercial premises liability claim
- Aug 28, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictMuskingham
Defense of products liability claim of ATV purchase.
- Professionalism and Ethics for AttorneysCleveland, OH, Jul 14, 2017
- A Lawyer’s Aspirational Ideals in Legal MalpracticeColumbus, OH, Nov 17, 2016
- Lemon Law and Administrative Regulations Governing Motor Vehicle RepairsColumbus, OH, Oct 13, 2016
- Independence, OH, Jul 13, 2016
- Lemon Law, Motor Vehicle Repair Acts, and Federal Warranty Acts affecting the ConsumerGilbride Company CLE, Independence, OH, May 13, 2015
- Consumer Sales Practices Act and other related consumer protection statutesGilbride Company CLE, Independence, OH, May 13, 2015
- Automotive Repairs and Avoiding the Pitfalls of the Consumer Sales Practices ActAutomotive Service Association of Ohio, Cleveland, OH, Oct 15, 2014
- Consumer Sales Practices Act and its Application to AttorneysGilbride & Co. CLE, Independence, OH, Sep 11, 2014
- Pre-Suit Negotiations in Auto, Products Liability and Warranty ClaimsSeminar, Los Angeles, CA, Apr 24, 2014
- The Consumer Sales Practices Act and the Ramification for Practicing AttorneysCLE - Cleveland, OH, Nov 15, 2013
- Professionalism and EthicsCLE - Cleveland, OH, Nov 13, 2013
- Professionalism and EthicsCLE - Independence, OH, Jul 25, 2013
- Ohio Supreme Court Update on Lawyer Professionalism and EthicsProfessional Liability Seminar - Cleveland, OH, Nov 11, 2011
- Product Liability LawMoen Inc. in-house seminar - North Olmsted, OH, Sep 1, 2011
- Attorneys CLE Seminar, Oct 21, 2010
- Professionalism and EthicsOct 20, 2009
- The Automobile "Lemon Law" and the need for service documentationJun 2, 2009
- Professionalism, Gilbride & Company CLECleveland, Ohio, Oct 6, 2008
- The Rules of Professionalism, Northwest Attorneys CLE Network for Professionalism and EthicsToledo, Ohio, Nov 27, 2007
- Products Liability Practice Group Newsletter, Dec 16, 2016
- Jun 26, 2015
- Newsletter, Jun 6, 2014
- FINRA Adopts Rule 3241 to Address the Ability of Associated Persons to be Named as Beneficiaries of or Executors, Trustees or Attorneys-in-Fact for CustomersNov 2, 2020
- Breach of Contract Claims Find No Quarter in the Language of Ohio’s Statute of Repose: R.C. § 2305.131 Applies Both Tort and Contract ClaimsAug 12, 2019
- Nov 13, 2018
- Professional Liability
- Governmental/Public Entity Liability
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
- Architects and Engineers/Construction Liability
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services Professional Liability
- Legal Professional Liability
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- Securities Litigation
J.D., Case Western Reserve University, 1993
B.A., Villanova University, 1990
- State of Ohio, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2005