The largest volume of claims resolved by our Miscellaneous Professional Liability Practice Group pertain to insurance agents and brokers and to real estate agents and brokers. On the insurance side, represented agents include those involved in casualty & property coverage, professional liability, as well as life, health, accident and disability policies. On the real estate side, not only do we defend real estate agents and brokers, but also a variety of other professionals involved in the real estate industry from inspectors to surveyors, appraisers, and a variety of other service professionals. Finally, our Group is involved in the defense of various professionals and consultants in media, publishing, and broadcasting.
Honors & Recognitions
Reminger is proud to announce that U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® awarded the firm with a number of national and regional rankings. In addition, our Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants Practice was ranked as Metropolitan Cleveland Tier 1 for 2022.
Arch Insurance Group; Aspen Specialty Insurance, Great American Insurance Co., Hartford Financial Lines, Starr Indemnity, and SwissRe/Westport
- May 16, 2019, Directed VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of insurance agent E&O claim arising out of motor vehicle accident.
- Jun 28, 2018, Motion for Judgment on Pleadings GrantedPortage
Defense of insurance agent E&O claim
- Dec 28, 2017, Motion For Summary JudgmentSummit County
Michael A. Mazzaggati v. Peyton N. Burrell, et al.
Motion for summary judgment granted in favor of a commercial insurance agency dismissing all claims in their entirety.
- Aug 24, 2016, Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Defense of alleged failure to procure insurance coverage for a farm
- Mar 20, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedCuyahoga
Defense of title company E&O claim
- Sep 30, 2014, No action against insurance licenseFranklin
Defense of Insurance License Investigation
- Jun 30, 2014, Dismissal of investigation without payment of monetary penaltiesCuyahoga
Defense of alleged
HUD housing violations and mortgage fraud
- Sep 30, 2013, Judgment Affirmed9th Appellate Dist.
Charles Green, et al. v. Full Service Property Inspections, LLC, et al.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in miscellaneous prof liability claim against home inspection firm
- The Ohio Supreme Court Deals a Heavy Blow to the Use of the Delayed-Damage Rule Against Insurance Agents in Professional Liability ActionsJul 10, 2018
- The Ohio Supreme Court Misses an Opportunity to Resolve Uncertainty Surrounding the Statute of Limitations for Actions Against Insurance AgentsFeb 26, 2018
- Oct 31, 2016