Jade specializes in civil litigation defense generally and medical negligence defense specifically. Jade has both trial and appellate experience in various areas of civil litigation in Kentucky and Ohio. She has also represented employers throughout the multiple levels of the workers’ compensation system.
Jade was one of three counsel to receive the 2014 OARS award from Westfield Insurance Company, in recognition for her efforts at resolving cases in a cost-effective and creative manner. In 2016, Jade was awarded a Golden Gavel award by Westfield Insurance Company, in recognition for her handling of a complex litigation file. In 2017, Jade was awarded the Blue Ocean award by Westfield Insurance Company, in recognition of her case-handling throughout 2016.
For many years, Jade was recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine. In 2021, Jade was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Insurance Litigation.
Before joining the firm, Jade externed with the Honorable Judge Mark P. Painter. She also worked at another Cincinnati law firm that specialized in personal injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, and intentional tort cases. For the first seven years of her law practice, Jade was at another regional law firm, at which she specialized in malpractice and civil litigation defense.
During 2008 and 2009, Jade was a Cincinnati Bengals Cheerleader. She particularly enjoyed the work she did in that role with the charities throughout Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. In fact, Jade has continued to work with some of the charities that she started a relationship with as a Bengals Cheerleader. Currently, Jade is a volunteer coach for Sycamore Youth Cheer in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Jade and her husband jointly received the "Citizen of the Year" award from the Fraternal Order of Police for stopping a random attack of violence on a young woman in a local park. For their same efforts, they also received a Resolution of Appreciation from the Hamilton County Park District Board.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for Litigation - Insurance
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
CBA CALL Class XVIII
Community & Professional
Kentucky Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
-Young Lawyer's Section Executive Board Member / Social Committee Co-Chair (2010-13)
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
-Director of Education, Kentucky Chapter Leadership Board
Ohio Hospital Association
-2018-2019 Board for Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys for the Southwest District
Cincinnati Bar Foundation
-PR Committee Secretary, 2016
City of Montgomery Board of Zoning Appeals
Volunteer Coach, Sycamore Youth Cheer
- Jan 26, 2023, Defense Verdict
Defended a hotel against claims of negligent security and dram shop liability under KRS 413.241. Plaintiff's negligent security claims were dismissed on summary judgment. Following three days of deliberation, the jury found that the hotel did not violate its standard of care in serving the plaintiff and thus no damages were assessed against our client.
- Aug 19, 2021
- Aug 13, 2021
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Aug 9, 2017
- Press Release, Jan 3, 2017
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Mark A. MacDonald, Timothy B. Spille and Jade A. Stewart Join Reminger Co., LPA’s Cincinnati and Fort Mitchell OfficesPress Release, Jul 14, 2016
- Risk Management and Litigation Basics in OphthalmologyMay 26, 2021
- Dec 6, 2022
- Jun 8, 2022
- UPDATE: Ohio’s Tenth District Follows Federal Precedent Finding No Standing for Technical Violations of the FCRA’s Disclosure RequirementJan 19, 2018
- Objective Foreseeability: Indiana Continues to Broaden the Foreseeability Analysis in Premises Liability CasesJul 26, 2017
- A New Hurdle for Medical Malpractice Claimants: Legislation Establishing Medical Review Panels Takes Effect in KentuckyJul 19, 2017
- Dec 27, 2016
- Mississippi District Court Halts Implementation of New CMS Rule Banning Use of Arbitration Agreements in Long-Term Care FacilitiesNov 15, 2016
- Externship with the Honorable Judge Mark P. Painter
J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2008
B.A., Political Science, Xavier University, summa cum laude, 2005
- State of Ohio, 2008
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit