Tony is a shareholder practicing out of Reminger Co., LPA's Indianapolis office. Tony has devoted his career to the defense of individuals and businesses in areas of professional liability - including insurance and financial services - as well as government/public entity liability, sports/entertainment facility liability, products liability, trucking and commercial transportation, and workers' compensation.
Tony routinely handles litigation in state, federal, and administrative forums throughout Indiana and Illinois, as well as arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Tony strives to provide his clients with responsive service and clear, consistent communication throughout the litigation process. Tony ensures his clients receive honest and frank advice, whether that leads to pursuing a resolution or trial strategy.
Tony has written numerous publications and presented on a variety of practice areas, including wrongful death, financial services, workers' compensation, evidentiary matters at trial, and effective deposition practice.
Tony has geared his practice toward litigation ever since attending law school at Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where he pursued an Advocacy Concentration and excelled in the school's Moot Court competition, being named into the Order of the Barristers.
Community & Professional
Indiana State Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Integrating Women’s Leaders Foundation
National Business Institute
- Jan 15, 2020, Motion For Summary JudgmentPulaski County Superior Court
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of insurance agency defending claims of negligent failure to write appropriate insurance.
- May 22, 2019, Summary JudgmentMorgan County Superior Court (Indiana)
Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurance agent and insurance carrier facing claims of negligence and breach of contract, respectively.
- Mar 28, 2019, Dismissal grantedU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Obtained dismissal on behalf of a a broker of disability insurance facing claims of negligent procurement of insurance.
- Feb 11, 2019, Summary JudgmentHamilton
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a trampoline park facing claims of negligence and premises liability.
- Sep 14, 2017, Summary Judgment AffirmedIndiana Court of Appeals
Messmer v. KDK Financial Services, Inc
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in financial services liability claim
- May 10, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedParke County
Obtained summary judgment in a case involving negligence claims against an operator of equine activities.
- Apr 18, 2017, Defense VerdictJohnson County, IN
Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving claims against an insurance agency for an alleged failure to procure insurance, fraud, misrepresentation, and a failure to advise as to proper insurance coverage.
- Mar 10, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedClinton
Obtained summary judgment in a case involving claims of negligent design and construction of a fertilizer grain facility.
- Feb 10, 2017, Summary JudgmentMarion County, IN
Obtained summary judgment in a case involving claims of negligent entrustment of an automobile against a prominent car rental company.
- Jan 23, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedHendricks County, Indiana
- Dec 19, 2016, Summary JudgmentMonroe County
Obtained summary judgment in favor of an annuity broker facing claims of financial services fraud.
- Aug 24, 2016, Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Defense of alleged failure to procure insurance coverage for a farm
- Apr 22, 2016, Summary JudgmentMarion County, IN
Obtained summary judgment in favor of a construction company facing claims of vicarious liability for the alleged misconduct of its employee.
- Apr 11, 2016, Summary Judgment in favor of DefendantHancock
Obtained summary judgment in favor of an insurance agency facing claims of a negligent failure to procure insurance coverage.
- Feb 17, 2016, Motion To DismissMarion County, IN
Obtained dismissal of a complaint asserting negligence against an Indiana common carrier.
- Feb 12, 2016, Judgment on the PleadingsMarion County, IN
Obtained judgment on the pleadings in favor of a national restaurant chain facing claims of alleged building code violations.
- Press Release, Jan 7, 2019
- Press Release, Sep 30, 2015
- Press Release, Aug 13, 2015
- Effective Investigations and StrategiesPonte Vedra Beach, FL, Feb 27, 2020
- Appropriate Considerations and Strategy When Denying Workers' Compensation ClaimsWebinar, Jun 17, 2019
- Effective Deposition PreparationIndianapolis, IN, Nov 11, 2016
- Wrongful Death TrinitySchaumburg, IL, Dec 4, 2015
- Indiana Court of Appeals: Continuous Representation Doctrine Does Not Apply to Financial ProfessionalsFinancial Services Professional Liability E-Blast, Mar 15, 2018
- Res Gestae, May 2014
- Sep 3, 2019
- Jul 9, 2019
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Trucking Companies Cannot Use Arbitration Clauses to Avoid Lawsuits from Independent Contractor DriversApr 10, 2019
- Nov 2, 2016
- Ohio Court Reaffirms The Duty And Liability Of An Owner To An Independent Contractor Involving An Inherently Dangerous CircumstanceNov 2, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016
- Court of Appeals Decision May Increase Damages Awards for Injured Plaintiffs Covered by Public Health Insurance PlansNov 30, 2015
- Oct 20, 2015
J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2013
B.A., DePauw University, 2010
- State of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2013
- State of Illinois, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2015