Our Intellectual Property/E-Commerce and Cyber Risk Practice Group addresses fundamental concerns in the complex and fast moving areas of intellectual property, electronic commerce, and technology.
Identifying and managing intellectual capital will add value to your business, develop commercial opportunities and help prevent intellectual property disputes. Our firm's longstanding focus on trial and claim resolution distinguishes our approach to both preventing and ending disputes effectively and efficiently. We work toward achieving solutions rather than cataloging obstacles.
Intellectual property issues arise as businesses identify, create and protect the value of their intellectual creations, including names, logos, brands, products, talent, experience, procedures, and publications. Areas of substantive law in the field include copyrights, trade marks, trade secrets, unfair competition and cybersquatting. We litigate disputes involving internet domain names, counterfeiting and piracy of intellectual property, and patent, trademark and copyright infringement.
Our practice group also offers contract review and negotiations, enforces and defends claims of licensing infringement, and provides insurance coverage reviews and opinions.
The practice group includes lawyers located throughout our offices in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. We support our colleagues in other practice groups to provide service tailored to the needs of the client. Additionally, our affiliation with The Harmonie Group extends our geographical reach across the United States. Whether a dispute rests in Federal or State Court, or before arbitration panels or regulatory agencies, our record of effective and efficient advocacy is our greatest asset.
Honors & Recognitions
Reminger is proud to announce that U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® awarded the firm with a number of national and regional rankings. In addition, our Intellectual Property - Litigation Practice Group was ranked Metropolitan Cleveland Tier 2 for 2020.
Darice, Inc., Tdata, Inc., Metaris, Inc., and NetShape Technologies
- May 27, 2015, Judgment Affirmed6th Cir. Court of Appeals
B. Lyles v. Katy Perry, et. al.
Defense of copyright infringement case.
- Feb 10, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedUSDC Southern Ohio
Defense of copyright infringement case
- Mar 11, 2011, Claim granted and Defendant held in contemptFranklin
Prosecution of injunctive action for intellectual property trade name use
- May 20, 2010, Plaintiff VerdictU.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Defense of computer fraud and abuse act, copyright infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets intellectual property claims
- Jun 1, 2009, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of alleged theft of trade secrets claim
- Nov 1, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Patrick Kasson Featured in Multiple Media Outlets Regarding 6th Circuit Court of Appeals Twitter Case Involving Actor James WoodsPress Release, Mar 1, 2019
- Press Release, Nov 1, 2018
- Press Release, Nov 1, 2017
- Press Release, Nov 1, 2016
- Bloomberg BNA, Nov 21, 2013
- Top Ten Things to Do to Prevent a Data BreachWebinar, Aug 14, 2019
- Trademarks, Trade Secrets and Non CompetesOhio Craft Brewers’ Association’s Annual Meeting, Columbus, OH, Jun 7, 2016
- Workplace Safety, Wage & Hour and Employment Practices LiabilityOhio Craft Brewers’ Association’s Annual Meeting, Columbus, OH, Jun 7, 2016
- Protecting Your BrandOhio Craft Brews Association Annual Meeting, Dayton, OH, Feb 3, 2016
- Navigating Trademark LawOhio Craft Brews Association Annual Meeting, Dayton, OH, Feb 3, 2016
- “Ethics of Social Media (Do’s and Don’t’s)ProSight Specialty claims and underwriting staff, Morristown, NJ, Apr 8, 2015
- Taking Tech to Task: Tackling Technology’s Troublesome IssuesClaims and Litigation Management Alliance Annual Conference, Palm Desert, CA, Mar 27, 2015
- Risks, Rewards and Limits of Social Media in the WorkplaceEagle International Associates Regional CLE Seminar - Atlanta, GA, Sep 14, 2012
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) Professional Liability Committee Conference-Chicago, IL, Jun 13, 2012
- Developments in Law for IP LitigatorsDefense Research Institute Commercial Litigation Annual Conference - Chicago, IL, May 18, 2012
- Whos Line is IT Anyway Unwelcome Cyber Surprises in Risk Management and LitigationCouncil of Litigation Management Alliance Annual Meeting - San Diego, CA, Mar 29, 2012
- Ohio Business College - Sandusky, OH, May 23, 2011
- The Designer’s Role in Economic InnovationCleveland Institute of Arts Cleveland Design Seminar - Cleveland, OH, Apr 19, 2011
- Privilege & Work Product in the Electronic AgeDec 16, 2009
- Intellectual Properties Essentials for EngineersDec 9, 2009
- Overview of Intellectual Property Laws that Applies to Architects and EngineersDec 9, 2009
- Right of Publicity under Ohio LawNov 16, 2009
- Intellectual Property in Business Transactions, National Business Institute SeminarCleveland, Ohio, Aug 25, 2008
- DRI The Whisper, Apr 22, 2016
- Corporate Counsel Magazine Online Edition, Apr 11, 2012
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal - November, 2011, Nov 4, 2011
- Targeting An Employee For Patent Infringement: A Dance With The Corporate VeilCleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Journal - July/August 2010, Jul 23, 2010
- DRI Commercial Litigation Section. March 2010 Issue, Mar 1, 2010
- "Is Patent Law Myopic"Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Journal, September 2008 Issue, Sep 22, 2008
- "Examining Distinctive Jurisprudence in the Federal Court: The Consequences of a Specialized Court"Akron Intellectual Property Journal, Volume II, No. II, July '08, Jul 1, 2008
- Jun 29, 2015
- May 20, 2014
- Feb 4, 2014
- Unauthorized Access to Online Information May Trigger Liability for Conversion and Invasion of PrivacyFeb 1, 2012
- Oct 21, 2011
- Dec 23, 2010
- May 7, 2010
- Oct 30, 2008
- Jan 15, 2007