Ian practices at Reminger Co., L.P.A.’s Cincinnati office, where he focuses on general liability, directors and officers liability, employment, commercial and professional liability cases.
Prior to joining Reminger, Ian was a legal extern to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio in Cincinnati and to U.S. District Judge William O. Bertelsman in the Eastern District of Kentucky.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation and Labor and Employment Law - Management
Editor-in-Chief of the Northern Kentucky Law Review, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 2012-13
Jack W. Grosse Moot Court Competition Champion, 2012
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
American Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
SAY Recreational Soccer Program
- May 27, 2022, DismissalU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Western Division
Obtained dismissal of breach of contract complaint for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Aug 2019, Dismissal of ClaimHamilton County Court of Common Pleas
Obtained dismissal of a malpractice claim at the pleading stage that alleged a failure to properly represent a client in an underlying criminal matter, on the basis that the claim was barred by the one-year statute of limitations.
- Apr 19, 2018Hamilton
Defense of claim alleging improper installation of ramp at an annual outdoor festival, which resulted in physical injury to plaintiff.
- Jan 30, 2018, Judgment for DefendantHamilton
Defense of dental malpractice claim resulting from a tooth extraction.
- Dec 13, 2017, Dismissal of Charges and Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Western Division
Obtained dismissal and judgment as a matter of law in federal court on civil rights claims brought against a guardian ad litem due to the defendant’s absolute immunity in performing a quasi-judicial function.
- Jul 2017, Motion For Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Defense of security guard and his employer against civil rights violation charges by plaintiff.
- Nov 4, 2016Hamilton
Arbitration defense of Consumer Sales Practices Act claim arising out of automobile sale
- Jun 29, 2016, Denied JurisdictionOhio Supreme Court
Edward Formica, et al. v. Jeffrey A. Dehner, et al.
Plaintiff appealed adverse Court of Appeals decision in legal malpractice claim
- Mar 25, 2016, Summary Judgment Affirmed1st Dist. Ct. of App.
Steven Rusher, et al. v. SpringCastle America, LLC, et al
Plaintiffs appealed trial court’s dismissal of claims brought under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Ohio’s Consumer Sales Practices Act against owners of debt.
- Jan 11, 2016, Judgment Affirmed12th Appellate Dist
Edward Formica, et al. v. Jeffrey A. Dehner, et al.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in legal malpractice claim.
- Jul 31, 2015Deerborn, IN
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice claim
- May 22, 2015Warren
Defense of legal malpractice liability claims
- Feb 6, 2015, Judgment Affirmed2nd Appellate Dist
Steven Gregory vs. Towne Properties & Park Lane Apartments
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in premises multiple family apartment complex.
- Dec 5, 2014, Favorable OutcomeWarren
Defense of admitted liability legal malpractice claim
- Sep 5, 2014Montgomery
Premises liability claim arising from an injury sustained by a paper delivery man as a result of a stairwell that broke at a residential apartment complex.
- Mar 5, 2014, Award for PlaintiffButler County
Arbitration defense of property damage claim
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Dec 30, 2021
- Aug 19, 2021
- Aug 27, 2020
- Press Release, Jan 7, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Feb 2, 2015
- Press Release, Feb 27, 2014
- Nov 4, 2021
- Oct 29, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- Webinar, Jun 18, 2020
- Webinar, May 12, 2020
- Reasonable Accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act – What Employers Need to KnowCincinnati, OH, May 17, 2019
- Trial Advocacy and DemeanorNewport, KY, Nov 13, 2018
- Pregnancy Discrimination in the Workplace: A Guide for HR ProfessionalsCincinnati, OH, Aug 16, 2018
- The Ongoing Debate Over Whether Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Discrimination is a Protected Class Under Title VIIWebinar, Jul 26, 2017
- So, You Want to Be a LawyerMason, OH, Mar 21, 2017
- Top Liability Trends in Employment PracticesCincinnati, OH, Jan 25, 2017
- Legal Trends in Employment Law IssuesCincinnati, OH, Oct 26, 2016
- The Fox News Sexual Harassment Claims and Other Current Employment Law IssuesCincinnati, OH, Oct 20, 2016
- Cincinnati, OH, Jan 20, 2014
- OACTA Quarterly Review, Aug 25, 2022
- OACTA Quarterly Review, Mar 14, 2022
- Employment Law Newsletter, February 2022, Feb 4, 2022
- A Deep Dive Into OSHA’s New Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard – What Your Business Needs to KnowEmployment Law Newsletter, November 2021, Nov 17, 2021
- Relief Opportunities for Small Businesses Under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) ActApr 1, 2020
- Employment Newsletter, November 2019, Nov 2019
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys Quarterly Review, Spring 2019
- Employment Practices Liability Winter Newsletter 2019, Feb 2019
- Employment Practices Defense E-Blast, Jan 28, 2019
- Employment Liability Newsletter, Aug 2018
- The EEOC: "Pro-Business" and Protections Afforded to Minority EmployeesNational Bar Association Magazine, Jul 2017
- EEOC’s Push to Expand Employees’ Rights Under Title VII to Include Protection from Workplace Discrimination on Basis of Sexual OrientationFall 2016 Employment Practices Liability Newsletter, Oct 26, 2016
- Mitigation of Damages Defense Against Title VII Wrongful Termination Claim and the Effect of Claimant’s Termination from Interim EmployerReminger Co., LPA Spring 2015 Employment Practices Newsletter, Jun 1, 2015
- Reminger Employment Practices Newsletter Fall 2014, Nov 6, 2014
- Jun 30, 2020
- Ohio Supreme Court Determines That Personal Injury Lawyers Cannot Sue Tortfeasor’s Insurer to Recover FeesJan 27, 2020
- When Does an Age Discrimination Claim Begin to Age? Eighth District Clarifies Statute of Limitations Analysis for Ohio Age Discrimination ClaimsFeb 18, 2019
- Ohio State and Federal Courts Find No Standing to Assert Technical Violations of the FCRA’s Background Check Disclosure RequirementMar 20, 2017
- Indiana Court of Appeals Allows Negligent Hiring Claim Despite Admission that Employee Acted Within Scope of EmploymentJan 4, 2017
- Indiana Supreme Court Finds Coverage Limits in UM Policies Admissible as Evidence of Damages at TrialJul 29, 2015
- Mar 27, 2014
- Legal extern to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio in Cincinnati
- Legal extern to the U.S. District Judge William O. Bertelsman in the Eastern District of Kentucky
J.D., Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, cum laude, 2013
- Editor-in-Chief, Northern Kentucky Law Review
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law Moot Court Board
- National Order of Scribes Award for excellence in legal writing
B.A., Political Science, University of Cincinnati, 2003
- Certificate of Asian Studies
- State of Ohio, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2014
- State of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2015