Trent practices in Reminger Co., LPA's Indianapolis office, and maintains a busy and diverse practice focusing on civil defense litigation. He represents physicians, dentists, chiropractors, and attorneys in professional liability claims matters. Having tried multiple jury trials, Trent has been responsible for civil cases from inception through conclusion, including appeals.
Trent counsels clients on a variety of legal issues including labor and employment, insurance coverage, contract creation and negotiation, worker's compensation and risk management.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star and as a Super Lawyer by Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
Rated BV Distinguished® by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
Community & Professional
Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Indiana Society for Healthcare Risk Management
-Board of Directors
Child Advocates, Inc. - CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
-Volunteer for children in CHINS (Child in Need of Services) cases
- Feb 4, 2020, DismissalMarion County Superior Court, Indianapolis, IN
Defense of claim alleging negligence to properly maintain sidewalks and warn plaintiff of a dangerous condition.
- Mar 1, 2019, Defense VerdictLake County, Indiana Superior Court
The plaintiff claimed that the cardiologist failed to diagnose an acute aortic dissection resulting in her husband’s death. Following a three-week long jury trial with numerous experts, the jury returned a verdict in favor of the defendant cardiologist.
- Feb 27, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, Indianapolis Division
Defense of convenience store in premises liability case alleging slip and fall on ice resulting in personal injuries.
- Darlene Warlick v. Defendant Emergency Medicine Physician and Defendant Physician Practice GroupDec 2012, Defense VerdictLake County Superior Court, Hammond, IN
Plaintiff alleged that defendant failed to diagnose and treat cauda equina syndrome, a rare neurological disease that later caused the plaintiff permanent bowel and bladder incontinence.
- David and Bonnie Sharp v. Defedant Urologist, et al.Jan 2012, Dismissed by plaintiffs one month before trial without any paymentPorter County Superior Court, Valparaiso, IN
Plaintiffs alleged that defendant failed to give prophylactic antiobiotics prior to a cystoscopy on a patient with a history of joint replacement
- Jordan v. Defendant PulmonologistOct 2011, Defense Verdict; Affirmed on Appeal; Petition for Rehearing and Transfer DeniedLake County Superior Court, Crown Point, IN
Plaintiffs alleged that defendant failed to diagnose and treat pulmonary emboli.
- Pritt v. Defendant NursesOct 2011, Defense VerdictLake County Superior Court, Hammond, IN
Plaintiff alleged that defendants were negligent in administration of an injection thereby allegedly causing damage to the sciatic nerve.
- Hicks v. Defendant Radiologist, et al.Apr 2011, Motion for Judgment on the evidence granted in the defendant's favorLaPorte County Circuit Court, LaPorte, IN
Plaintiffs alleged that defendant failed to diagnose a congenital diaphragmatic hernia and ventricular septal defect by fetal ultrasound.
- Lewis v. Defendant Emergency Medicine Physician and Defendant Family Practice PhysicianAug 2010, Dismissed by plaintiffs one month before trial without any paymentLaPorte County Superior Court, Michigan City, IN
Plaintiff alleged that defendants failed to diagnose and treat a stroke while the patient was in the emergency department.
- Gettleman v. Defendant SurgeonsMar 2010, Dismissed by plaintiffs one month before trial without any paymentPorter County Superior Court, Valparaiso, IN
Plaintiffs alleged claims of medical malpractice in the performance of an appendectomy and post-surgical management.
- Chilton v. Defendant NeurosurgeonMar 2008, Defense VerdictMarion County Circuit Court, Indianapolis, IN
Plaintiffs alleged defendants failed to diagnose non-accidental trauma in an infant who sustained head fractures.
- May 2007, Defense VerdictLake County Circuit Court, Crown Point, IN
Plaintiffs alleged defendant negligently performed a low forceps delivery resulting in brain injuries and developmental delays to the newborn child.
- Jan 2006, Defense VerdictLake County Circuit Court, Crown Point, IN
Plaintiffs alleged defendant negligently performed a hysterectomy.
- Dec 2004, Defense VerdictLake County Superior Court, Hammond, IN
Plaintiffs claimed defendant negligently maintained equipment at defendant’s building which allegedly malfunctioned causing injury to the plaintiff.
- May 2003, Defense VerdictMarion County Superior Court, Indianapolis, IN
Plaintiff alleged defendant incorrectly diagnosed and treated plaintiff’s partially ruptured triceps tendon.
- Press Release, Feb 14, 2020
- Press Release, Jan 31, 2019
- Feb 20, 2018
- Press Release, Apr 18, 2016
- Effective Investigations and StrategiesPonte Vedra Beach, FL, Feb 27, 2020
- Top Ten Things to Do to Prevent a Data BreachWebinar, Aug 14, 2019
- Appropriate Considerations and Strategy When Denying Workers' Compensation ClaimsWebinar, Jun 17, 2019
- The Latest in Damages Around the States and BeyondPhiladelphia, PA, Sep 12, 2018
- Effective Deposition PreparationIndianapolis, IN, Nov 11, 2016
- Patient Rights and Advocacy: A Tug of WarIndiana Society for Healthcare Risk Management - Spring Conference, 2015
- Plaintiffs' Reptile Theory Tactics - Avoiding the TrapsIndiana Society for Healthcare Risk Management - Summer Conference, 2014
- Workers' Compensation Client Eblast, Mar 20, 2020
- Workers' Compensation Client E-Blast, Mar 12, 2020
- Legal Professional Liability Newsletter, Fall 2019, Oct 2019
- Apr 7, 2020
- Mar 16, 2020
- Oct 8, 2018
- Ohio Supreme Court Decision on Workers' Compensation Subrogation is Favorable for Self-Insured Employers but Creates Potential Problems for Insurance CarriersJun 6, 2018
- Indiana Court of Appeals Reinstates Claims of Patron Shot at Steak ‘n Shake Because of Foreseeable Nature of ThreatMar 19, 2018
- Mar 6, 2018
- Jan 29, 2018
- Oct 23, 2017
- Apr 12, 2017
- No Permanent Partial Disability And Permanent Total Disability Benefits At The Same Time, In The Same Claim In OhioJan 4, 2017
- Dec 5, 2016
- Challenges to the Constitutionality of Indiana’s Med Mal Caps Continue Despite a Recent Legislative CompromiseAug 17, 2016
- Judicial Externship: U.S. District Court – Southern District (Magistrate Ken Foster), Fall 2001
- Judicial Externship: Indiana Court of Appeals – The Honorable Patricia A. Riley, Spring 2001
J.D., Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Indiana University at Indianapolis, 2002
-Dean's Tutorial Society
-Intramural Moot Court
B.A., Indiana University, 1999
- State of Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2010