Kent practices in Reminger Co. LPA’s Columbus office. He focuses his practice on employment litigation, governmental/public entity liability, directors and officers liability, and general liability/surplus risks. Kent’s practice encompasses a wide range of litigation matters, including pre-suit investigative work, discovery, motions practice, and appellate advocacy.
Prior to joining Reminger, Kent served as a Legal Extern with the Federal Trade Commission’s East Central Region, a Law Clerk with the Lorain County Prosecutor’s Office, and a Legal Research Assistant at Case Western Reserve University School of Law. Also, during his time in law school, Kent attended the Great Lakes Sports and Entertainment Law Academy. Kent employs his diverse experience in these positions to effectively advocate for his clients.
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
Columbus Bar Association
- Apr 22, 2022, Dismissal Affirmed2nd Dist. Ct. of Appeals
Affirming the Industrial Commission of Ohio's denial of a worker’s compensation claim. We filed a Motion to Dismiss arguing that the claim was not a “right to participate” issue, but rather an “extent of disability” issue such that it was not appealable to the Court of Common Pleas. The trial court agreed and granted our Motion. On appeal, the 2nd District Court of Appeals upheld the decision of the trial court.
- Aug 19, 2021, Defense Verdict
Obtained a determination of no probable cause in client’s favor against allegations of race discrimination.
- Jul 23, 2021, Motion For Summary JudgmentCourt of Common Pleas, Fayette County, Ohio
- Jul 23, 2021, No Probable CauseOhio Civil Rights Commission, Columbus Regional Office
Obtained a determination of no probable cause in client’s favor against allegations of sex discrimination. Successfully represented client on reconsideration hearing.
- Jul 14, 2021, No Probable CauseU.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Cincinnati Area Office
Obtained a determination of no probable cause in client’s favor against allegation of disability discrimination based on administration of drug test policy.
- Jul 10, 2021, DismissalOhio Attorney General’s Office
Represented client during Ohio Attorney General’s Office investigation concerning charitable spending, obtaining a dismissal of the investigation with a finding of no wrongdoing.
- May 27, 2021, Defense VerdictOhio Civil Rights Commission
Successfully defended client regarding anti-discrimination housing policy.
- May 27, 2021, No Probable CauseOhio Civil Rights Commission, Akron Regional Office
Obtained a determination of no probable cause in client’s favor against allegations of unlawful retaliation.
- May 10, 2021, No Probable CauseU.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Cincinnati Area Office
Obtained a determination of no probable cause in client’s favor in defense against allegations of disability discrimination based on reasonable accommodations concerning modifications to employment at the onset of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Apr 13, 2021, Defense VerdictOhio Department of Job and Family Services
Obtained a disallowance of unemployment compensation in client’s favor against former employee who was terminated with just cause.
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2020
J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2020
B.A., English; Kent State University, 2016
- State of Ohio, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2020