Trevor maintains a diverse civil trial-court and appellate litigation practice, focused on tort liability and complex commercial disputes.
Over the past two decades, Trevor has also handled legal matters spanning from transactional real estate to appeals, and has represented clients in civil, criminal, bankruptcy, and domestic-relations litigation. In previous positions, including five years as a state Supreme Court Law Clerk and twelve years in private practice in a firm that he co-founded, Trevor gained extensive litigation experience in both trial and appellate courts while sitting first chair in more than fifty jury trials and briefing and orally arguing dozens of appeals in state and federal courts.
Trevor has served as an adjunct law school professor of Legal Research and Writing and is a frequent continuing legal education presenter on professional ethics and legal technology.
Based in our Northwest Indiana office, Trevor also represents clients out of our office in Lexington, Kentucky, where he was born and raised, attended college and law school, and practiced law for the first fifteen years of his career.
Obtained reversal of adverse summary judgment as lead counsel for plaintiff claiming over $5 million in damages for civil rights violations arising from law enforcement’s illegal search and excessive force.
Drafted successful summary judgment motion as contract counsel for a defendant in a federal court employment discrimination case against a religious institution brought by a school principal seeking a seven-figure recovery.
Represented lender on debt in excess of $1 million in complex collections proceedings involving appointment of receiver for, and eventual foreclosure of, operating golf course.
Represented multi-billion-dollar, out-of-state social media entity in connection with multiple successful motions to quash improperly issued records subpoenas.
Pursued extraordinary relief on behalf of non-party business entity responsible for managing more than $100 million in assets, which was improperly enjoined and subjected to Family Court’s “status quo order.” After the writ petition was filed, the Family Court amended the problematic order, which ended the controversy.
Acted as counsel and strategic consultant for pharmaceutical company facing claim in excess of $1 billion that settled for a small fraction of that amount following oral argument in extraordinary relief petition before the Kentucky Supreme Court in extraordinary relief.
Obtained reversal on appeal of defendant’s 150-month sentence for convictions relating to a vote buying conspiracy, which had been entered following an eight-week trial in federal court; on remand, the defendant entered into a negotiated plea in which he served no additional prison time.
Represented the plaintiff at oral argument in a summary judgment appeal arising from a civil rights case concerning a young man’s tragic death following a collision with a police cruiser; on remand, the parties reached a seven-figure settlement at mediation.
Obtained reversal on appeal of defendant’s 25-year aggregate sentence and convictions for capital murder, attempted murder, and other offenses as a result of jury instruction errors and the trial court’s failure to declare a mistrial.
Honors & Recognitions
Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy Minister-of-Justice Award, 2015
Community & Professional
Kentucky Bar Association
Fayette County Bar Association
Porter County Bar Association
Lake County Bar Association
Leadership Northwest Indiana Alumni Council
- Sep 15, 2022Johnson County, IN
Prosecution of fraud and forged documents claim.
- Feb 25, 2021, Partial Summary Judgment GrantedIndiana Supreme Court
Reversal of Denial of Partial Summary Judgment on Interlocutory Appeal in negligence and wrongful death claim against an adult day program.
- Jan 15, 2021, Summary Judgment in favor of DefendantLake Superior Court Hammond, Indiana
Summary judgment for Defendant following Plaintiff’s failure to timely respond to Requests for Admission regarding liability defenses in accident involving police cruiser.
- Aug 16, 2019, Judgment for DefendantLake Superior Court, IN
Defense of claim against automotive repair company.
- Feb 14, 2019, Judgment reversed in part and remanded for trial6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Joel D. Naselroad v. Dennis Mabry, Mark Craycraft
Appeal of summary judgment in § 1983/personal injury case
- Oct 5, 2018, Judgment AffirmedKentucky Court of Appeals Opinion
R. Beier v. New Falls Corporation
Plaintiff appeals adverse trial court judgment regarding non-wage garnishment
- Aug 20, 2018Lake Superior Court
Arbitration defense of Consumer Sales Practices Act violation allegations against selling car dealer
- Apr 3, 2018Porter County, IN
Defense of secondary workers’ comp. claim against insured in catastrophic injury case
- Press Release, Jan 2, 2020
- Press Release, Sep 15, 2017
- Dec 14, 2021
- Evidence of Medical Bills Can Help the Defense Put the Band-Aid on Alleged Pain and Suffering – Indiana COA Says Plaintiffs Cannot Hide Medical Bills to Inflate Pain and Suffering DamagesApr 29, 2021
- Mar 16, 2020
- Nov 6, 2019
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Trucking Companies Cannot Use Arbitration Clauses to Avoid Lawsuits from Independent Contractor DriversApr 10, 2019
- Mar 25, 2019
- Jan 9, 2019
- Nov 13, 2018
- Aug 13, 2018
- May 1, 2018
- Oct 23, 2017
J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 1997
B.A., University of Kentucky, 1994
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2012
- State of Indiana, 2013
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2014