Logan is a Partner in Reminger Co. LPA’s Indianapolis Office, and is also the Chair of the firm’s Drug and Medical Device practice group. His practice focuses on the defense of professional and commercial liability arising for medical providers, lawyers, engineers, architects, scientists, and product manufacturers.
He has over fifteen years of trial experience representing defendants in civil litigation and serves as lead counsel in litigation and arbitration disputes in Indiana and Illinois, as well as before the American Arbitration Association.
Logan has lectured at educational seminars for lawyers about application of the Rules of Evidence and Medical Malpractice.
Achieved a defense verdict in a medical malpractice jury trial in Marion County after only 14 minutes of juror deliberation.
Achieved successful resolutions in construction defect litigation arising from various prominent buildings and landmarks in Indiana, public construction projects, and unique development and redevelopment in Indiana and Chicago.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star in the Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine.
Played offensive guard and appointed to the Academic All-American Football squad at Wabash College.
Community & Professional
Indiana Bar Association
Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Defense Research Institute
- Jun 25, 2021, Defense VerdictLake County, Indiana
Defense of neonatologist in medical malpractice claim alleging breach of standard of care which led to delay in treating necrotizing enterocolitis and bowel perforation in a premature baby.
- Oct 9, 2019, Motion to Dismiss GrantedDeKalb Superior Court
Defense of defamation, abuse of process, malicious prosecution, and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims.
- Oct 3, 2019, Motion to Dismiss GrantedJennings Superior Court
Defense of skilled nursing home.
- Mar 20, 2019, Summary Judgment GrantedLake County Superior Court Gary, Indiana
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging failure to timely diagnose recurrence of cancer.
- May 18, 2018, DismissalU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Defense of coffee maker distributor.
- Apr 9, 2018, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake Superior Court, IN
Defense of medical malpractice claim brought against a radiologist.
- Sep 5, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedHamilton
Defense of dock-leveler manufacturer.
- Jun 26, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedFayette Superior Court
Defense of dental malpractice claim.
- Feb 28, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedTippecanoe Superior Court
Defense of negligence claim brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she tripped and fell while walking into a restaurant.
- Sep 14, 2016, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake Superior Court
Defense of medical malpractice claim.
- Aug 24, 2016, Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Defense of alleged failure to procure insurance coverage for a farm
- May 6, 2016, Judgment AffirmedIndiana Court of Appeals
DeHeer v Ray's Trash Service Inc.
Plaintiff appealed summary judgment in favor of defendant on claims of negligence and products liability. Summary Judgment affirmed.
- May 4, 2016, Motion to Dismiss Amended Complaint and Motion for Attorney’s Fees GrantedHamilton Cty., IN
Defense of intentional infliction of emotion distress
- Apr 11, 2016, Summary Judgment in favor of DefendantHancock
Obtained summary judgment in favor of an insurance agency facing claims of a negligent failure to procure insurance coverage.
- Mar 10, 2016, Judgment AffirmedIndiana Court of Appeals
M. Ritchie, et al. v. Community Howard Regional Health
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment denying injunctive relief in breach of contract, defamation case
- Dec 21, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedHamilton
Defense of intentional infliction of emotion distress claim
- Nov 25, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedHendricks County, Indiana
Defense of Negligence and Products Liability claim
- Oct 20, 2015, Finding For DefendantIMEO – EEOC
Defense of Employment Discrimination Claim.
- Oct 2, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedHendricks County, Indiana
Defense of premises liability claim
- Jul 1, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedAllen County, Indiana
Defense of breach of contract and E&O claim against home inspector
- May 13, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake County, Indiana
Defense of medical malpractice claim against critical care physicians
- Apr 17, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedWhite County, Indiana
Defense of negligent commercial transportation claim
- Mar 26, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedHamilton Cty., IN
Defense of medical malpractice claim against psychiatrists
- Jan 19, 2015, Favorable JudgementSt. Joseph County, Indiana
Prosecution of Negligence Claim
- Oct 29, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedMarion County, IN
Defense of legal malpractice claim
- Feb 25, 2021
- Press Release, Feb 14, 2020
- Press Release, Jan 31, 2019
- Feb 20, 2018
- Press Release, Feb 16, 2017
- Logan C. Hughes and Nicholas G. Brunette Selected as 2016 “Rising Stars” by Indiana Super Lawyers MagazinePress Release, Feb 12, 2016
- Press Release, Sep 30, 2015
- Press Release, Feb 13, 2015
- Press Release, Feb 2, 2015
- Press Release, Jan 23, 2015
- Public Relations, Mar 12, 2014
- Mini Med School for Attorneys: Insights on Medical Records, CTs, MRIs, X-Rays, Diagnostic Codes and MoreOct 1, 2021
- Wrongful Death TrinitySchaumburg, IL, Dec 4, 2015
- Different Death and Different Damages in Illinois Tort SystemZurich Major Case Unit, Schaumburg, IL, Dec 4, 2015
- Jan 22, 2019
- Ohio Supreme Court Rules That Construction Defects in the Work of Subcontractors Are Not Covered Under a CGL PolicyOct 11, 2018
- Court Finds That E&O Policy Dishonesty Exclusion Negates Coverage Where Underlying Tortious Claims Were Also Found to be the Subject of a Civil ConspiracyApr 23, 2018
- A New Hurdle for Medical Malpractice Claimants: Legislation Establishing Medical Review Panels Takes Effect in KentuckyJul 19, 2017
- Anything Goes: Indiana Supreme Court Holds Malpractice Claimants Not Limited to Theories Presented to Medical Review PanelMay 10, 2017
- Jan 25, 2017
- Mississippi District Court Halts Implementation of New CMS Rule Banning Use of Arbitration Agreements in Long-Term Care FacilitiesNov 15, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016
- Ohio Supreme Court Rules Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Must Be Filed Within Four Years of Claimed InjuryOct 25, 2016
- Eighth District Court of Appeals Limits Future Medical Damages Against Political Subdivisions Based on the Affordable Care ActAug 9, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016
- Apr 20, 2016
- Intentional Intrusions Of Patient-Privacy May Be Pursued Under A Theory Of General Medical Negligence In IndianaApr 1, 2015
- Mar 18, 2015
- Ohio Amends the Definition of “Medical Claim” to Include Language Favorable to Long-Term Care FacilitiesFeb 11, 2015
- Oct 20, 2014
- Jul 28, 2014
- May 20, 2014
- Indiana Decision Raises Questions as to the Validity of Family Members’ Promises to Pay for Residents’ TreatmentMay 7, 2014
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Liability
- Architects and Engineers / Construction Liability
- Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Defense
- Drug and Medical Device
- Financial Services Professional Liability
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith
- Legal Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- Indiana Secretary of State, Indiana Securities Division. As a law student, I assisted the Securities Commissioner and his staff attorneys in enforcing and interpreting Indiana’s Uniform Securities Act and Indiana’s Loan Broker Act.
J.D., Indiana University School of Law – Bloomington, 2004
- Staff Editor of Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
Pepperdine University School of Law
B.A., Wabash College, 2001
- State of Indiana, 2004
- State of Illinois, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2014
- Trial Bar, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2015