In Re: Guardianship of Bakhtiar, 2019-Ohio-581. Court of Appeals of Ohio, Ninth Appellate District, Lorain County. February 19, 2019, Decided
The Ninth District Court of Appeals in the matter of In Re: Guardianship of Bakhtiar made an important ruling that allows persons interested in the welfare of another to intervene in guardianship proceedings if the intervening party can demonstrate an interest relating to the property or transaction that is the subject of the action. Without the right of intervention in order to have a say in the guardianship proceeding, an interested party would have to file a guardianship application.
- Ohio’s Response to COVID-19 Impacting Probate/Trust Law and the Courts
- Estate Planning in Light of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- In re Estate of Shaffer – Does the Voiding Statute Apply to Non-Conforming Wills?
- Adam M. Fried Scheduled to Speak at 2020 The Ohio American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellow Meeting
- Timothy Gallagher and Paul Shugar Author Article for January/February 2020 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Attorney Ethics Investigation Uncovers Financial Abuse
- Franklin Malemud Authors Article for November/December 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Adam M. Fried Profiled in Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
- Reminger's Estates and Trusts Groups Ranked by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in 2020 Best Law Firms List
- Adriann McGee Authors Article for July/August 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio