As loved ones grow older, many reach a point at which they can no longer care for themselves or make decisions for themselves. At this point, the appointment of a guardian may become necessary. A guardian will have legal decision-making power about medical and financial matters.
The Cleveland guardianship lawyers at Reminger can assist with the process of a guardianship appointment. We can also stand by your side if guardianship removal is necessary due to mishandling of the position.
When the time comes that a guardian needs to be appointed for an elderly loved one, the issue can be heavily disputed. There may be competing applications for guardianship. The matter may need to go to court or trial to decide who will be guardian.
Our Cleveland guardianship attorneys have handled complicated disputes involving emergency / temporary guardianships and competing guardianship applications. We clearly understand how the process works in Cleveland and the surrounding parts of Ohio. Our goal is to resolve the matter quickly and cost-effectively. We want to help you appoint a guardian who will be right for you and your family.
Unfortunately, the person appointed guardian may not have your loved one's best interests at heart. Instead, they may give priority to their own interests. They could even use their position for their own financial gain.
If you suspect that a guardian is abusing their power, we have a strong background guiding clients through the legal process of terminating guardianships. We also vigorously protect guardians facing false allegations.
- Reminger to Present at Marvin R. Pliskin Advanced Probate and Estate Planning Institute
- New Rules Direct Guardians to Encourage Visitation with the Ward
- Ohio’s Rule Changes Focus on Efiling and Remote Practices
- The Person Behind the Will: The Contest of the Will of Michael Posey
- In Brief: Ohio Estate & Probate Litigation Updates May 2022
- In Brief: Ohio Estate & Probate Litigation Updates April 2022
- In Brief: Ohio Estate & Probate Litigation Updates March 2022
- Shana DeMooy Joins Reminger's Estate and Probate Litigation Team
- Adam Fried and Timothy Gallagher Obtain Jury Verdict in Favor of Client in Undue Influence Will Contest Case
- E-Book - Overcoming Disinheritance: Decoding the Estate Plan to Find a Path Forward