As loved ones grow older, many reach a point at which they can no longer care for themselves or make decisions for themselves. At this point, the appointment of a guardian may become necessary. A guardian will have legal decision-making power about medical and financial matters.
The Cleveland guardianship lawyers at Reminger can assist with the process of a guardianship appointment. We can also stand by your side if guardianship removal is necessary due to mishandling of the position.
When the time comes that a guardian needs to be appointed for an elderly loved one, the issue can be heavily disputed. There may be competing applications for guardianship. The matter may need to go to court or trial to decide who will be guardian.
Our Cleveland guardianship attorneys have handled complicated disputes involving emergency / temporary guardianships and competing guardianship applications. We clearly understand how the process works in Cleveland and the surrounding parts of Ohio. Our goal is to resolve the matter quickly and cost-effectively. We want to help you appoint a guardian who will be right for you and your family.
Unfortunately, the person appointed guardian may not have your loved one's best interests at heart. Instead, they may give priority to their own interests. They could even use their position for their own financial gain.
If you suspect that a guardian is abusing their power, we have a strong background guiding clients through the legal process of terminating guardianships. We also vigorously protect guardians facing false allegations.
- 13 Reminger Estate & Trust Attorneys Recognized in 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- New Rules of Civil Procedure for 2023
- Avoiding Probate Litigation: Attorneys Can Help Families Prevent Costly Disputes
- Confidentiality and Privilege in Post-Death Disputes: Is it time to Tweak R.C. 2317.02?
- Adriann McGee and Mary Kraft Obtain Jury Verdict and Attorney Fees in Breach of Fiduciary Case Involving Power of Attorney Abuse
- Cleveland Jewish News goes one-on-one with Adam Fried
- Analysis of the Amendments to Ohio Rule of Superintendence Rule 66
- Reminger Co., LPA Announces New Leadership Structure in Estates and Trusts Practice Group
- Even Billionaires Can Fumble Business Succession Planning
- Adam Fried Named to Super Lawyers 2023 Top Lists