Trustee is the term used for a person placed in charge of a trust. This person has a variety of duties to perform. The role can be complicated and challenging.
The Ohio Trust Code outlines how trustees throughout the state are required to fulfill their obligations. Our Cleveland trust attorneys understand the Code and how the courts interpret it. We can work with trustees to prevent violations and we can represent beneficiaries who feel that a trustee has violated the law.
If you need help handling a trust or if you feel a trust is being mishandled, our Ohio Trust Code lawyers can further investigate whether there is a case.
Preventing Ohio Trust Code Violations
If you have been appointed a trustee, you have an obligation to all of the other beneficiaries of the trust. The Ohio Trust Code outlines how you are required to fulfill those obligations. It outlines how taxes are to be handled, how debts should be addressed, how property is to be distributed and much more. We are here to help you follow the law.
Taking Action When the Trust Code has Been Violated
As a beneficiary, you have the right to expect that a trustee do their job properly. If you believe that a trustee has failed to meet his or her obligations or has violated the Ohio Trust Code, we can help you set things right. Our dedicated estate and trust lawyers are focused on handling estate disputes and trust issues. We are frequently consulted to handle these cases, so we have a great depth of experience. We have seen nearly every scenario that can arise, so you can be confident that we have the knowledge to handle your case.
- Estate Planning in Light of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- In re Estate of Shaffer – Does the Voiding Statute Apply to Non-Conforming Wills?
- Adam M. Fried Scheduled to Speak at 2020 The Ohio American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellow Meeting
- Timothy Gallagher and Paul Shugar Author Article for January/February 2020 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Attorney Ethics Investigation Uncovers Financial Abuse
- Franklin Malemud Authors Article for November/December 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Adam M. Fried Profiled in Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
- Reminger's Estates and Trusts Groups Ranked by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers in 2020 Best Law Firms List
- Adriann McGee Authors Article for July/August 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late: Creditor Claims Strictly Interpreted (Again)