Based in the Cleveland office of Reminger Co., LPA, Jessica focuses her practice on matters involving probate litigation, trust disputes, estate administration, and estate planning. Prior to joining Reminger, Jessica worked at a small general practice firm in Akron, Ohio, working in the areas of Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration, real estate, general civil litigation, small business law, and personal injury matters.
Jessica serves her local legal community as 2018-2019 Chairperson of the Akron Bar Association's Estate Planning, Probate, and Elder Law Section, a volunteer trial team coach for Akron Law, and a volunteer instructor at Akron Law's Summer Trial Academy. She is a Trustee and Treasurer for Highland Square Neighborhood Association, a 501(c)(3) group in Akron that plans the annual PorchRokr Arts & Music Festival in Highland Square, Akron, Ohio. She also volunteers as a speech and debate coach and judge for her alma mater, Our Lady of the Elms High School, where she serves as Chair of the Board of Trustees. She is a proud recipient of the Greater Akron Chamber's 30 For the Future Award in 2018.
Honors & Recognitions
Greater Akron Chamber, 30 For the Future Award – 2018
Akron Bar Association Leadership Academy, Class of 2017-2018
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Akron Bar Association
- PastChair Estate Planning, Probate & Elder Law Section
- Investigative Subcommittee
Akron School of Law
- Volunteer Instructor, Summer Trial Academy
- Mock Trial Coach
Our Lady of the Elms School
- Chair Board of Trustees
- Volunteer Speech/Debate Coach
Highland Square Neighborhood Association
- Aug 21, 2020, Affirmed Unanimous Jury Verdict6th Circuit Court of Appeals
A defendant appealed the unanimous jury verdict which overturned the decedent’s last will and testament. The appellate court, in a unanimous decision, found there was ample evidence at trial supporting a finding that the will was the product of undue influence. As a result, our clients will share equally in their mother’s estate.
- Jun 18, 2020, Summary Judgment GrantedCuyahoga County, Probate Court
In a unique question of Ohio and Michigan law, we won summary judgment determining that a will executed, although never probated, in Michigan was not effective to transfer assets out of an Ohio Trust. As a result, our clients inherited a share of their father’s trust rather than it distributing solely to their step-brother.
- Nov 19, 2019, Unanimous Jury VerdictHuron County, Probate Court
A daughter of the decedent unduly influenced her mother to change her will to benefit only her. We filed a will contest on behalf of the other two daughters of the decedent. After a two day trial, we won a unanimous jury verdict setting aside the invalid will and ensuring that the decedent’s assets would transfer equally to her children, as she had truly intended.
- Press Release, Jun 27, 2019
- Webinar, Jan 19, 2021
- Case Law Update: Estate Planning, Probate & Elder Law SectionAkron Bar Association, Jun 19, 2020
- Webinar, Jun 4, 2020
- Probate Procedure and LitigationBeachwood, OH, Oct 9, 2019
- Introduction to the Probate Court and the Estate Administration ProcessWestlake, OH, Aug 13, 2019
- Estate Administration from Start to FinishAkron, OH, Jul 10, 2019
- The Different Types of Probate AdministrationOhio State Bar Association – Basics of Estate Administration Webinar, Jun 4, 2020
- Estate and Trust Dispute Center of Ohio, Jul 8, 2020
- Estate and Trust Dispute Center of Ohio, Jan 28, 2020
J.D., University of Akron School of Law, magna cum laude, 2010
- 10 CALI Awards
B.A., University of Akron, Honor's College, (International/Comparative Politics, Minor in history), summa cum laude, 2007
- State of Ohio, 2011