Reminger Co., LPA is pleased to host the first annual Advanced Probate Law Institute with the Columbus Bar Association. Please join our seasoned Estates, Trusts, and Probate Litigation attorneys for an in-depth review of the latest topics concerning complex probate disputes. This live CLE program will include lunch and a networking cocktail hour. You can also join us virtually by live streaming.
2022 Reminger Co. LPA Advanced Probate Law Institute - Reviewing All Aspects of a Complex Probate Litigation Dispute
Investigation and Economics of a Probate Case
- What does it cost to get a probate dispute to trial?
- Investigating undue influence claims and considerations in determining whether to take on an undue influence case
Jessica Forrest, Reminger Co. LPA & Mary Kraft, Reminger Co. LPA
Deposition Practice and Cross-Examination: Proving (or Disproving) an Undue Influence Case
- A review of how to build or defend a case of undue influence through deposition practice, utilizing real-life examples of deposition transcripts and video clips.
Adam Fried, Reminger Co. LPA
- Valuation of the case
- Risk of loss
- Considerations of bad and good facts
- Client’s goals
Adriann McGee, Reminger Co. LPA
Planning & Litigation Lessons from Selling the Denver Broncos
- A review of probate and trust litigation’s intersection with commercial issues through a case study of litigation that led to the Denver Broncos being sold instead of being held as a family asset.
Paul Shugar, Reminger Co. LPA
Probate Litigation Ethics
- An overview of probate litigation ethics, including Gathering Information and Responding to Requests, Attorneys’ Fees and No-Contest Clauses, Working with Diminished Clients, and Responding to Subpoenas.
Nick Sebastiano, Reminger Co. LPA & Shana DeMooy, Reminger Co. LPA
Guardianships, Pink Slips, and Involuntary Civil Commitments
- A review of Pink-slips, involuntary civil commitments, forced medications, and guardianships. What are guardianships? How do they work? How do they overlap with pink slips and involuntary civil commitments?
Phillip Fierst, Fierst Law Firm
Right of Disposition
Review the considerations of the right of disposition within estate planning and the importance of making intent about treatment of the body after death.
Timothy Gallagher, Reminger Co. LPA & Taylor Smoske, Reminger Co. LPA
“View from the Bench”
- Probate Magistrates will discuss hot topics from the Probate Court, including contested guardianships and discovery disputes.
Benjamin Suffron, III, Probate Magistrate Delaware County & Kelly Green, Chief Probate Magistrate Franklin County