Practice Group Attorneys
- Brittany Asmus
- Hugh Bode
- Mark Bush
- Steven Chang
- Mario Ciano
- Andrew Dorman
- Zachary Durant
- Kenneth Finley
- Michael Gilbride
- Justin Harris
- Robert Hojnoski
- David Hudson
- Roy Hulme
- Houston Hum
- Andrew Illig
- David Krause
- Jonathan Krol
- Nathan Lennon
- Danielle Lorenz
- Franklin Malemud
- Gregory Metzger
- Ian Mitchell
- Brian Nally
- Sean Needham
- James O'Connor
- Michael Pelagalli
- Anthony Pernice
- Andrew Pettijohn
- Zachary Pyers
- Richard Rymond
- Matthew Schrader
- Alex Scutchfield
- Joseph Simms
- Adair Smith
- Timothy Spille
- R. Gregory Sylvester
- Matthew Taulbee
- Michael Valentine
- Trevor Wells
- Chad Willits
Our attorneys combine their extensive trial and litigation experience with a unique understanding of business and commercial issues to advance aggressive, practical, and effective litigation strategies. We are constantly collaborating with our clients to understand their goals and objectives, evaluate their litigation and business risks, and guide our clients toward the best possible result, whether through pre-lawsuit settlement negotiations, initiating or defending a lawsuit, dismissal of a lawsuit through pre-trial motions, or trial.
Our attorneys have significant experience representing individuals and businesses in:
- complex commercial and business litigation;
- business divorce or shareholder/partnership/member disputes;
- disputes arising out of non-compete/non-solicitation agreements;
- disputes related to trade secrets;
- business torts;
- breach of contract claims;
- financial services (including securities and banking) disputes;
- fiduciary litigation;
- director and officer litigation (D&O); and
- class action litigation.
With fourteen offices across the Midwest and more than 150 lawyers, we have the depth and resources to provide exceptional representation to large companies in complex and high exposure litigation. We also pride ourselves in being entrepreneurial and innovative in structuring and staffing our client engagements, which allows us to provide the same exceptional services to small and midsize businesses, as well as individuals (e.g., business owners and Directors & Officers).
Examples of our recent representations include:
- Obtained near-seven figure settlement on behalf of minority shareholders in shareholder dispute against majority shareholder related to breach of fiduciary duty/self-dealing and other allegations of business misconduct.
- Defended and resolved multi-million-dollar lawsuit against business owners and family limited liability companies/partnership involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, fraud, and alleged mismanagement of real estate management companies.
- Obtained directed verdict at trial in dispute between financial services companies in an escrow defalcation case.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims in dispute between limited liability company and banking institution, affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained defense verdict on six of seven claims in two-week trial in commercial/banking dispute, with remaining claim resulting in award for approximately half of Plaintiff’s pre-trial settlement demand.
- Obtained settlement in excess of $500,000 and defeated counterclaim in significant contract dispute involving medical billing company.
- Obtained state-wide injunction through extended preliminary injunction hearing on behalf of Fortune 100 company.
- Defended companies in class action litigation, including arguments before the Supreme Court of the United States in Jerman v. Carlisle, McNelie, Rini, Kramer, & Ulrich L.P.A., 559 U.S. 573 (2010).
Reminger’s Commercial Litigation Group was ranked highly by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” as Metropolitan Cleveland Tier 2 for 2020. Attorneys within this group have also received individual recognitions as “Best Lawyers in America,” as well as “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Olsson Blinds LLC v. P. BoldenNovember 18, 2019, Finding For PlaintiffFranklin
Prosecution of commercial business dispute claim
- July 31, 2019, Summary JudgmentWood County
Successfully represented creditor in securing summary judgment on plaintiff/creditor’s complaint for the principal and interest due and further securing for creditor an order of summary judgment on counter-claims filed by debtor.
- Wagner Landscaping v. West Blvd. Village Condominium AssociationAugust 22, 2017, Judgment for PlaintiffMahoning
Defense of commercial dispute involving service provider’s claim for compensation for services and lost profits
- Novel v. Lane Alton & Horst, Rick Marsh, Ray PantleMarch 22, 2016, Motion to Dismiss GrantedU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Defense of Racketeering Influence Corrupt Practices (RICO) claims
- S. Sendelbeck v. KZF Design, Inc., et al.February 16, 2016, Defense verdict on Plaintiff’s claim and defense verdict on counterclaimHamilton
Prosecution and defense of commercial business dispute
- S. Frederick v. Quantum Management and Investment LLCSeptember 17, 2014, Finding For DefendantHamilton
Arbitration defense of commercial lease and property conversion claim.
- ABC Equipment v. AGM LandscapingSeptember 9, 2014, Finding For PlaintiffMedina
Arbitration prosecution of commercial litigation dispute
- Cintas Corporation v. Lyden Oil CompanyJanuary 31, 2014, Finding For PlaintiffMahoning
Arbitration prosecution of commercial dispute matter
- Avon Montessori v. ADG Partnership of Avon, et al.April 26, 2013, Each party walked away without liabilityLorain
Defense and counterclaims of commercial lease dispute
- ELM 411, LLC v. Jimmy FlintApril 22, 2013, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of multiple commercial claim eviction action
- Northern Ohio Medical Specialists v. Gerber, M.D.December 28, 2012, Finding for Northern Ohio Medical SpecialistsLucas
Successful prosecution of employment/commercial dispute arbitration claim
- K. Ronald Bailey & Assoc. v. D. JeremyNovember 21, 2012, Favorable OutcomeSandusky
Defense of commercial professional services fee dispute
- First National Bank of Germantown v. Board of Real Estate Tax RevisionSeptember 13, 2012, Plaintiff's Valuation AwardedMontgomery
Prosecution of arbitration of value reduction for purposes of real estate tax valuation.
- DTS Services v. Neil Marky and Capabilities Now, Inc.August 22, 2012, Finding For PlaintiffU.S. District Court of Ohio, Northern District
Prosecution of commercial litigation for TRO permanent injunction and damages for trade secrets violation and unfair competition
- Minute Men Media v. Bridgeline SoftwareAugust 9, 2012, Motion for Summary Judgment in PartCuyahoga
Motion for summary judgment was granted in favor of client in defense of commercial litigation claim.
- S. Shaw v. BeMyDD LLCMarch 28, 2012, Favorable OutcomeCuyahoga
Prosecution of plaintiff employment contract commercial litigation case
- Clearwater Road LLC v. JLW-TW Corp. dba Suntan SupplyMarch 22, 2011, Favorable OutcomeBenton County District Court, Minnesota
Defense of commercial litigation dispute involving hold over rent and alleged claim of damage to premises
- Cintas Corporation v. Artcraft Memorials Inc. dba Ventling MemorialsFebruary 7, 2011, Judgment Affirmed5th Appellate Dist
Defendant appealed adverse trial court judgment in breach of contract commercial claim
- Bob Snider, dba Celebrity Tan v. David Mesar dba Time to Tan, et al.January 21, 2011, Favorable OutcomeMedina
Defense of multiple contractual claims and defense of counterclaims arising from purchase and sale of business.
- Bob Snider, dba Celebrity Tan v. David Mesar dba Time to Tan, et al.January 20, 2011, Favorable OutcomeMedina
Defense of multiple contractual claims and defense of counterclaims arising from purchase and sale of business
- Cintas v. Art Craft Memorial Co.October 15, 2010, Judgment for PlaintiffStark
Prosecution and defense of commercial litigation dispute.
- J. Robke v. A. Clarke and K. JohnsonSeptember 1, 2010, Award on counterclaimLorain
Arbitration defense of commercial dispute over home design services
- Economy Linens v. Kings IslandJuly 19, 2010, Finding For PlaintiffWarren
Defense of commercial litigation claim
- Harrod v. Tiffin UniversityJune 7, 2010, Affirmed3rd Appellate Dist.
Summary Judgment granted on argument that case previously dismissed by 41(a) were compulsory at the time Tiffin U took their claims to trial.
- Concentra Health Services v. Orange Point SWS LLCDecember 8, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictHamilton
Prosecution of tenant/landlord dispute in commercial litigation claim
- J. Bates v. Rockies Express PipelineAugust 24, 2009, USDC Southern Dist.U.S. District Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Defense of eminent domain dispute for right of way and easement over Plaintiff’s land
- M. Mowerys v. Rockies Express PipelineJuly 21, 2009, Plaintiff AwardU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Defense of eminent domain dispute for right of way and easement over Plaintiff’s land
- Netsoft Inc. v. Thermafab Alloys Inc.June 25, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of commercial litigation involving technology services
- M. Schwartz v. Rent-A-Center, Inc.March 18, 2009, Finding For DefenseCuyahoga
Arbitration defense of commercial dispute involving consumer sale practices act
- Reminger Co., LPA Announces Appointment of Brian P. Nally as Chair of Commercial Litigation Practice GroupPress Release, December 23, 2019
- Zachary B. Pyers Receives Outstanding Young Lawyer Award From the Ohio Association of Civil Trial AttorneysPress Release, November 26, 2019
- Press Release, November 14, 2019
- November 1, 2019
- Press Release, August 15, 2019
- Press Release, November 28, 2018
- Press Release, November 1, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, November 1, 2017
- Press Release, November 1, 2016
- Press Release, June 8, 2016
- Press Release, June 8, 2016
- Press Release, November 24, 2015
- Press Release, November 4, 2015
- Press Release, November 2, 2015
- Press Release, September 15, 2015
- Logan Hughes Named Chair of Drug & Medical Device; Brian Lee Named Co-Chair of Commercial LitigationPress Release, January 23, 2015
- Gregory D. Brunton Named Commercial Litigation Co-Chair; Brian T. Gannon Named Health Care Law Co-ChairPress Release, January 15, 2015
- Reminger Co., LPA Honored with 15 First-Tier Practice Group Rankings by U.S. News & World Report and Best LawyersPress Release, November 1, 2012
- Discovery Under the New Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Cooperation Between Counsel and Following the Proportionality Standard During DiscoveryCleveland, OH, March 24, 2017
- Overview of the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act and Motor Vehicle LawOhio State Bar Association CLE, Cleveland, OH, August 21, 2015
- Restrictive Covenants in the Digital Age and the Future of the Inevitable Disclosure DoctrineAugust 2014
- Business TortsOhio Association for Justice - Cleveland, OH, November 7, 2013
- Mock Arbitration Commercial LitigationCase Western Reserve School of Law, March 20, 2013
- DRI Trade Secrets and Non-Competes Compendium of State Law (Regional Editor)August 9, 2012
- February 1, 2011
- Clean Hands and the CEO: Equity as an Anecdote for Excessive CompensationUniversity of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law - Vol. 12 No. 4 2010, July 1, 2010
- There is no abuse of discretion in which to vacate an award based on arbitrators' alleged biasJune 29, 2009
- New Commercial Disputes Judges AppointedFebruary 10, 2009
- "Ohio Supreme Court holds defense of suit still preserves affirmative defense of lack of service"Reminger Report, September 25, 2007
- By Thomas WolfAugust 17, 2016
- Greg Brunton and Allison ThomasMarch 9, 2015
- January 24, 2012
- April 21, 2011
- June 29, 2010
- July 2, 2009
- February 10, 2009