Chad represents individuals and business clients in employment discrimination, insurance coverage, insurance defense, and other civil litigation matters – including jury trials – in state and federal courts throughout Ohio, Indiana, and other states.
Chad’s litigation experience includes the representation of clients in wage & hour, Family Medical Leave Act, and employment discrimination matters in state and federal courts, and in proceedings before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Ohio Civil Rights Commission, and Indiana Civil Rights Commission. He also handles matters involving breach of contract, non-compete agreements, trade secrets, and other commercial claims in state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings.
Chad also defends insurance carriers in 1st-party insurance coverage matters involving allegations of bad faith, breach of contract, declaratory judgment, and unfair claims practices. Chad represents individual and business insurance policy-holders in a wide variety of 3rd-party tort and other civil claims involving fire loss, dwelling damage, personal property loss, negligence, assault & battery, premises liability, product liability, automobile liability, and animal liability.
He has extensive experience with private and court-ordered alternative dispute resolution methods (ADR), including mediation and arbitration proceedings in several states.
He has also handled labor disputes before the National Labor Relations Board; safety disputes before the Occupational Safety & Health Administration; and unemployment proceedings before the Ohio Department of Jobs & Family Services, Unemployment Review Commission, and Ohio courts.
To proactively prevent claims, Chad counsels companies and individual employees regarding employment law and HR issues, and he drafts workplace policies, employee handbooks, confidentiality/trade secrets/non-competition/non-solicitation agreements, and other employment contracts. He conducts management and workforce training seminars regarding employment policies & practices, EEO compliance, workplace investigations, and complaint handling.
Chad also trains insurance claims personnel regarding risk management, claims handling, and the defense of 1st and 3rd party insurance litigation.
Chad serves on the Board of Directors for the local SHRM affiliate, the Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association. In that role, he chairs a committee that coordinates monthly programming on a variety of human resources and legal topics for HR professionals and business executives.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, CALL Class IX (2005)
B.S.A. Eagle Scout
Community & Professional
Ohio Bar Association
Indiana Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association
-Member, Board of Directors
-Chair, Governmental & Legal Affairs Committee
Society for Human Resource Management
Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
Queen City Hockey Association | Tri-State Spartans Youth Ice Hockey Coach & Volunteer
- Press Release, Jul 18, 2017
- Mar 18, 2021
- Webinar, Nov 19, 2020
- Webinar, Nov 10, 2020
- Webinar, Sep 1, 2020
- Webinar, Aug 18, 2020
- Racial Unrest, Protests and The Recent LGBTQ Ruling: The Impact on Workplaces and What Employers Need to KnowWebinar, Jun 30, 2020
- Webinar, May 12, 2020
- Unclear About Paid Leave Obligations Under the New Families First Coronavirus Response Act?Webinar, May 4, 2020
- Untangling Paid Leave Obligations for Small Businesses Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and Department of Labor GuidanceEmployment Law Recap, Apr 10, 2020
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Newsletter, April 2020, Apr 3, 2020
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Client Newsletter, Apr 3, 2020
- Employment Newsletter, August 2019, Aug 2019
- Can You Tell the Difference Between Mere Employee Griping and Legally-Protected Activity? A Recent NLRB Ruling Provides Some GuidanceCincinnati Employment Newsletter, Mar 2019
- Ohio Matters: An Official Publication of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce, Jan 2019
- Cincinnati Employment Newsletter, Dec 13, 2018
J.D., University of Cincinnati, 1996
B.A., University of Dayton, magna cum laude, 1992
- State of Ohio, 1996
- State of Indiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2008