Tim is a litigation, insurance coverage, construction, and small business lawyer representing clients in state and federal courts throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
Before he was a lawyer, Tim was in broadcast television news telling stories for a living. Despite working under tight deadlines, Tim worked tirelessly to keep time constraints from jeopardizing the accuracy of the story, presentation of the facts and producing a high-quality product for broadcast.
While practicing law is a great deal different from television news in so many ways, there is one constant in both professions: a dedication to telling a story. Tim approaches each case with care, attention to detail and a style that is appropriate for the legal dispute or matter. Defending a lawsuit starts with building a theme, developing that theme by telling the client’s story, sharpening the defense and seeing the matter through a resolution. The ultimate goal is delivering on the results promised, while also adjusting to any obstacles along the way.
Tim's litigation practice is diverse, ranging from complex personal injury, construction dispute and property damage lawsuits. He has developed a niche practice defending contractors and design professionals in landslide and site development construction claims and lawsuits. More broadly, Tim also has a broad business litigation practice representing small to large corporations. He also defends claims involving car accidents, premises liability, subrogation demands, construction site injury claims and trucking accidents across Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Every case has a client with a story to tell. Tim works with the client to build a narrative and theme for each claim or defense. This includes working closely with the client and insurance company representative to evaluate potential exposure, mitigate the risk and achieve the best result.
Tim was born and raised in Northern Kentucky. He graduated from Covington Latin School (an accelerated college preparatory school) at age 16. He pursued his undergraduate education at Northern Kentucky University where he graduated with his Bachelor of Arts with a major in Broadcast Journalism and minor in Journalism in 1998 at age 20. Tim graduated from Chase College of Law in 2005. He is a proud Trojan, Norse and Chase grad.
Honors & Recognitions
In January 2020, Westfield awarded Tim with a golden gavel in appreciation of his work on the successful defense of a lawsuit involving a complex liability question and significant injuries. In Patterson, et al. v. Adleta, Inc., 1st Dist. Hamilton Slip Opinion Nos. C-180015, C-18002, the First District Court of Appeals upheld the trial court’s grant of summary judgment to our client, holding that climbing and descending a ladder is an inherently dangerous activity. The award was given in recognition of his efforts in achieving a cost-effective, creative and focused resolution to a lawsuit the presented significant risk and exposure.
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Columbus CEO Magazine Top Lawyers, 2018 and 2019
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for Construction Law
Recognized as Rising Star in Kentucky Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Kentucky Defense Counsel
Indiana Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
-Board of Directors (2020-2023)
Cincinnati Bar Association
The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (“CLM”)
Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
Kentucky Bar Association
Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
Leadership Northern Kentucky
-Class of 2013 Alumni
Salmon P. Chase Chapter, American Inn of Courts
- Sep 24, 2020, Defense VerdictHamilton County Municipal Court
Defense of property damage claim arising from claimed homeowner negligence.
- Sep 22, 2020, Defense VerdictHamilton County Municipal Court
Defense of claim alleging that a homeowner failed to properly secure "portable garbage" to the ground, resulting in property damage.
- Sep 26, 2018, Summary Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate District (Hamilton County)
Charles Patterson, et al. v. Adelta, Inc.
Appeal of summary judgment in premises liability case involving inherently dangerous work.
- May 15, 2018, Finding For DefendantHamilton
Arbitration defense of pro se plaintiff property damage claim
- Aug 19, 2021
- Press Release, Nov 14, 2019
- Press Release, May 22, 2019
- Press Release, Nov 18, 2016
- Mark A. MacDonald, Timothy B. Spille and Jade A. Stewart Join Reminger Co., LPA’s Cincinnati and Fort Mitchell OfficesPress Release, Jul 14, 2016
- Oct 28, 2020
- CLE Webinar, Mar 28, 2019
- Trial Advocacy and DemeanorNewport, KY, Nov 13, 2018
- Ins and Outs of Insurance CoverageCincinnati, OH, Apr 5, 2018
- Best Practices in MediationLexington, KY, Feb 23, 2018
- Managing Contractual Obligations and Insurance RequirementsSpringfield, OH, Aug 23, 2017
- Ethics and Best Practices in Per Hour Time BillingCincinnati, OH, Oct 25, 2016
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Client Newsletter, Apr 3, 2020
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Newsletter, April 2020, Apr 3, 2020
- Retail, Hospitality, and Entertainment Facilities Liability - Summer 2019 Newsletter, Aug 2019
- Breach of Contract Claims Find No Quarter in the Language of Ohio’s Statute of Repose: R.C. § 2305.131 Applies Both Tort and Contract ClaimsAug 12, 2019
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Trucking Companies Cannot Use Arbitration Clauses to Avoid Lawsuits from Independent Contractor DriversApr 10, 2019
- The Ups and Downs in Ladder Litigation: Inherently Dangerous Activity, Open and Obvious, and the Active Participation DoctrineOct 17, 2018
- Ohio Supreme Court Rules That Construction Defects in the Work of Subcontractors Are Not Covered Under a CGL PolicyOct 11, 2018
- Jun 26, 2018
- Appellate Advocacy
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- Retail, Hospitality and Entertainment Facilities
- General Liability/Surplus Risks
- Corporate & General Business
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Trucking and Commercial Transportation
- Legal Professional Liability
- Governmental/Public Entity Liability
- Architects and Engineers / Construction Liability
J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University, 2005
B.A., Northern Kentucky University, 1998
- State of Ohio, 2005
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2009
- United States Supreme Court, 2009
- State of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2015