- Judicial Externship: U.S. District Court – Southern District (Magistrate Ken Foster), Fall 2001
- Judicial Externship: Indiana Court of Appeals – The Honorable Patricia A. Riley, Spring 2001
J.D., Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Indiana University at Indianapolis, 2002
-Dean's Tutorial Society
-Intramural Moot Court
B.A., Indiana University, 1999
- State of Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2010
I take pride in the attention to detail and personal touch I provide to my clients, making each feel as comfortable as possible in what is often a very difficult time, both professionally and personally. I understand and take seriously the dual role of counselor. My clients know that I am available to listen first and foremost, and only then can we work together to solve a problem.
Trent practices in Reminger Co., LPA's Indianapolis office, and maintains a busy and diverse practice focusing on civil defense litigation. He represents physicians, dentists, chiropractors, and attorneys in professional liability claims matters. Having tried multiple jury trials, Trent has been responsible for civil cases from inception through conclusion, including appeals.
Trent counsels clients on a variety of legal issues including labor and employment, insurance coverage, contract creation and negotiation, worker's compensation and risk management.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star and as a Super Lawyer by Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
Rated BV Distinguished® by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Indiana Society for Healthcare Risk Management
-Board of Directors
Child Advocates, Inc. - CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
-Volunteer for children in CHINS (Child in Need of Services) cases
"Thank you for a great result. We appreciate the team work to achieve this settlement. Great job!"
-Janean, Claims Manager
"Thanks Trent. It was great working with you."
-Donald, Claim Consultant
"I want to thank you very much for all you've done for me, with not one, but two lawsuits against me having been handled expeditiously and professionally. I very much am grateful."
- Pleasant v. Defendant Cardiologist and Defendant Cardiology GroupMarch 1, 2019, Defense VerdictLake County, Indiana Superior Court
The plaintiff claimed that the cardiologist failed to diagnose an acute aortic dissection resulting in her husband’s death. Following a three-week long jury trial with numerous experts, the jury returned a verdict in favor of the defendant cardiologist.
- Christopher Dyer v. Thorntons Inc.February 27, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, Indianapolis Division
Defense of convenience store in premises liability case alleging slip and fall on ice resulting in personal injuries.
- Darlene Warlick v. Defendant Emergency Medicine Physician and Defendant Physician Practice GroupDecember 2012, Defense VerdictLake County Superior Court, Hammond, IN
Plaintiff alleged that defendant failed to diagnose and treat cauda equina syndrome, a rare neurological disease that later caused the plaintiff permanent bowel and bladder incontinence.
- David and Bonnie Sharp v. Defedant Urologist, et al.January 2012, Dismissed by plaintiffs one month before trial without any paymentPorter County Superior Court, Valparaiso, IN
Plaintiffs alleged that defendant failed to give prophylactic antiobiotics prior to a cystoscopy on a patient with a history of joint replacement
- Pritt v. Defendant NursesOctober 2011, Defense VerdictLake County Superior Court, Hammond, IN
Plaintiff alleged that defendants were negligent in administration of an injection thereby allegedly causing damage to the sciatic nerve.
- Jordan v. Defendant PulmonologistOctober 2011, Defense Verdict; Affirmed on Appeal; Petition for Rehearing and Transfer DeniedLake County Superior Court, Crown Point, IN
Plaintiffs alleged that defendant failed to diagnose and treat pulmonary emboli.
- Hicks v. Defendant Radiologist, et al.April 2011, Motion for Judgment on the evidence granted in the defendant's favorLaPorte County Circuit Court, LaPorte, IN
Plaintiffs alleged that defendant failed to diagnose a congenital diaphragmatic hernia and ventricular septal defect by fetal ultrasound.
- Lewis v. Defendant Emergency Medicine Physician and Defendant Family Practice PhysicianAugust 2010, Dismissed by plaintiffs one month before trial without any paymentLaPorte County Superior Court, Michigan City, IN
Plaintiff alleged that defendants failed to diagnose and treat a stroke while the patient was in the emergency department.
- Gettleman v. Defendant SurgeonsMarch 2010, Dismissed by plaintiffs one month before trial without any paymentPorter County Superior Court, Valparaiso, IN
Plaintiffs alleged claims of medical malpractice in the performance of an appendectomy and post-surgical management.
- Chilton v. Defendant NeurosurgeonMarch 2008, Defense VerdictMarion County Circuit Court, Indianapolis, IN
Plaintiffs alleged defendants failed to diagnose non-accidental trauma in an infant who sustained head fractures.
- Juretic v. Defendant OB/GYNMay 2007, Defense VerdictLake County Circuit Court, Crown Point, IN
Plaintiffs alleged defendant negligently performed a low forceps delivery resulting in brain injuries and developmental delays to the newborn child.
- LaBorde v. Defendant OB/GYNJanuary 2006, Defense VerdictLake County Circuit Court, Crown Point, IN
Plaintiffs alleged defendant negligently performed a hysterectomy.
- Wotherspoon v. Northern Indiana Public Service Company, et al.December 2004, Defense VerdictLake County Superior Court, Hammond, IN
Plaintiffs claimed defendant negligently maintained equipment at defendant’s building which allegedly malfunctioned causing injury to the plaintiff.
- Shoemaker v. Defendant Orthopedic SurgeonMay 2003, Defense VerdictMarion County Superior Court, Indianapolis, IN
Plaintiff alleged defendant incorrectly diagnosed and treated plaintiff’s partially ruptured triceps tendon.
- Press Release, January 31, 2019
- February 20, 2018
- Press Release, April 18, 2016
- The Latest in Damages Around the States and BeyondEagle International Associates, Philadelphia, PA, September 12, 2018
- Effective Deposition PreparationIndiana Society for Health Care Risk Management, Indianapolis, IN, November 11, 2016
- Patient Rights and Advocacy: A Tug of WarIndiana Society for Healthcare Risk Management - Spring Conference, 2015
- Plaintiffs' Reptile Theory Tactics - Avoiding the TrapsIndiana Society for Healthcare Risk Management - Summer Conference, 2014
- Challenges to the Constitutionality of Indiana’s Med Mal Caps Continue Despite a Recent Legislative CompromiseBy Trenton W. GillAugust 17, 2016