- Construction and Environmental
J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2013
B.S., Business (Specialization in Business Pre-Law), Bowling Green State University, 2009
- State of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2013
I approach the practice of law with hard work, a positive attitude, integrity, self-confidence, and selflessness. Sticking to these principles puts me in the best position to serve the interest of my clients and zealously litigate against any adversary.
Jim practices law in the Indianapolis Office of Reminger Co., LPA. Jim joined Reminger after gaining extensive litigation experience practicing for a metropolitan insurance-defense firm in Indianapolis.
Jim concentrates his practice in all types of civil defense matters. He has widespread experience handling first and third-party claims involving general liability and commercial lines, including automobile claims, trucking defense, premises liability, construction defect and contractor liability cases, product liability matters.
Jim also advocates for employers in workers’ compensation claims before the Indiana Workers’ Compensation Board and defends insurance carriers against first-party bad faith claims and coverage disputes.
Prior to attending the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Jim received his Bachelor of Science from Bowling Green State University in Northwest Ohio, where he played football and served as a captain of the team his senior season. Having grown up in Indianapolis, Jim is also proud to call himself an alum of Bishop Chatard High School.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Indiana State Bar Association
National Business Institute, Member
IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law Alumni Board of Directors
Damar Services, Inc. Board of Directors
- February 28, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedTippecanoe Superior Court
Defense of negligence claim brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she tripped and fell while walking into a restaurant.
- Press Release, January 7, 2019
- Press Release, March 1, 2016
- The Indiana Supreme Court Finds a Non-Delegable Duty of Worksite Safety Created in Form Design-Build Contracts Between the Owner and General ContractorBy: James P. Scheidler, Esq.May 16, 2017
- By James P. Scheidler, Esq.April 12, 2017