- Construction and Environmental
J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2013
B.S., Business (Specialization in Business Pre-Law), Bowling Green State University, 2009
- State of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2013
I approach the practice of law with hard work, a positive attitude, integrity, self-confidence, and selflessness. Sticking to these principles puts me in the best position to serve the interest of my clients and litigate effectively against any adversary.
Jim is a shareholder partner practicing out of Reminger Co., LPA’s Indianapolis and Evansville offices. Jim joined Reminger after gaining extensive litigation experience practicing for a metropolitan insurance-defense firm in Indianapolis.
Jim concentrates his practice in all types of civil defense litigation. He has widespread experience handling catastrophic damage, wrongful death, and other insurance-defense litigation that arises under general, professional and commercial liability lines. His practice is focused heavily on the defense of trucking and transportation, retail and hospitality, construction design and defect, product and premises liability cases.
Jim also advocates for employers in workers’ compensation claims before the Indiana Workers’ Compensation Board and defends insurance carriers against first-party bad faith claims and coverage issues.
Prior to attending the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Jim received his Bachelor of Science from Bowling Green State University in northwest Ohio, where he played football and served as a captain of the team his senior season. Having grown up in Indianapolis, Jim is also proud to call himself an alum of Bishop Chatard High School.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Member of the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Alumni Board of Directors
Member of the Damar Services, Inc. Board of Directors
National Business Institute, Member
In addition to having experience with litigating cases from inception through mediation, bench and jury trials, Jim has represented various trucking clients in pre-suit matters and is actively involved in Reminger’s Rapid Response Team, which assists trucking-industry clients with on-scene investigations following catastrophic trucking accidents.
- Michael Bookout and Mary Bookout v. Rhonda Heaton, P.R. of the Estate of Lewis Heaton, Diane Heaton, and Heaton Farms, et. al.October 24, 2019, Order Granting Motion to Enforce Settlement AgreementDelaware
Defense negligence claim brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that he sustained injuries while working as an agricultural employee for client. Plaintiff entered into settlement agreement with clients prior to lawsuit being filed which Court found enforceable to preclude claims from being pursued as a matter of law.
- Roosevelt Stanford v. Red Lobster Management, LLCAugust 8, 2019, Dismissal grantedLawrence
Defense negligence claim brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that he received foodborne illness while dining at client’s establishment.
- Kallie Singleton v. Fiesta Rides, Inc., et. al.July 30, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedKnox
Defense negligence claim brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she sustained an electrical shock while occupying a fair ride operated by client.
- John M. Janson v. Tipton County Economic Development Organization, et al.February 7, 2018, Motion to Dismiss GrantedTipton Circuit Court
Plaintiff asserted claims against economic development organization and individual board members that included: 1) tortious interference with a business relationship; 2) tortious interference with a contract; 3) fraud; 4) tortious interference with contract and/or business expectancy.
- February 28, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedTippecanoe Superior Court
Defense of negligence claim brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she tripped and fell while walking into a restaurant.
- Press Release, January 7, 2019
- Press Release, March 1, 2016
- The Indiana Supreme Court Finds a Non-Delegable Duty of Worksite Safety Created in Form Design-Build Contracts Between the Owner and General ContractorBy: James P. Scheidler, Esq.May 16, 2017
- By James P. Scheidler, Esq.April 12, 2017