- Legal extern to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio in Cincinnati
- Legal extern to the U.S. District Judge William O. Bertelsman in the Eastern District of Kentucky
J.D., Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, cum laude, 2013
- Editor-in-Chief, Northern Kentucky Law Review
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law Moot Court Board
- National Order of Scribes Award for excellence in legal writing
B.A., Political Science, University of Cincinnati, 2003
- Certificate of Asian Studies
- State of Ohio, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2014
- State of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2015
I enjoy the collegial and intellectual environment of Reminger. Our attorneys are committed to producing exemplary results for our clients and growing our collective expertise in the practice of law.
Ian practices at Reminger Co., L.P.A.’s Cincinnati office, where he focuses on general liability, directors and officers liability, employment, commercial and professional liability cases.
Prior to joining Reminger, Ian was a legal extern to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio in Cincinnati and to U.S. District Judge William O. Bertelsman in the Eastern District of Kentucky.
Honors & Recognitions
Editor-in-Chief of the Northern Kentucky Law Review, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 2012-13
Jack W. Grosse Moot Court Competition Champion, 2012
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
American Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
- April 19, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedHamilton
Defense of claim alleging improper installation of ramp at an annual outdoor festival, which resulted in physical injury to plaintiff.
- Larry Wagers v. Dr. Geoffrey Gold, D.D.S.January 30, 2018, Judgment for DefendantHamilton
Defense of dental malpractice claim resulting from a tooth extraction.
- Nancy Arsan v. David Fierst, et alDecember 13, 2017, Dismissal of Charges and Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Western Division
Obtained dismissal and judgment as a matter of law in federal court on civil rights claims brought against a guardian ad litem due to the defendant’s absolute immunity in performing a quasi-judicial function.
- July 2017, Motion For Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Defense of security guard and his employer against civil rights violation charges by plaintiff.
- T. Chumney v. Jeff Wyler Kings, Inc. d/b/a Jeff Wyler Kings NissanNovember 4, 2016, Finding For PlaintiffHamilton
Arbitration defense of Consumer Sales Practices Act claim arising out of automobile sale
- Edward Formica, et al. v. Jeffrey A. Dehner, et al.June 29, 2016, Denied JurisdictionOhio Supreme Court
Plaintiff appealed adverse Court of Appeals decision in legal malpractice claim
- Steven Rusher, et al. v. SpringCastle America, LLC, et alMarch 25, 2016, Summary Judgment Affirmed1st Dist. Ct. of App.
Plaintiffs appealed trial court’s dismissal of claims brought under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Ohio’s Consumer Sales Practices Act against owners of debt.
- Edward Formica, et al. v. Jeffrey A. Dehner, et al.January 11, 2016, Judgment Affirmed12th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in legal malpractice claim
- A. Miller, et al v. G. Dobbs, M.D.July 31, 2015, Defense VerdictDeerborn, IN
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice claim
- May 22, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedWarren
Defense of legal malpractice liability claims
- February 6, 2015, Judgment Affirmed2nd Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in premises multiple family apartment complex
- Ed Formica v. J. Dehner, Esq., et al.December 5, 2014, Favorable OutcomeWarren
Defense of admitted liability legal malpractice claim
- Steven Gregory vs. Towne Properties & Park Layne ApartmentsSeptember 5, 2014, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMontgomery
Premises liability claim arising from an injury sustained by a paper delivery man as a result of a stairwell that broke at a residential apartment complex.
- Stanley Applegate v. Dish Network, LLCMarch 5, 2014, Award for PlaintiffButler County
Arbitration defense of property damage claim
- Press Release, January 7, 2019
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, February 2, 2015
- Press Release, February 27, 2014
- Reasonable Accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act – What Employers Need to KnowGreater Cincinnati Human Resources Association, Cincinnati, OH, May 17, 2019
- Trial Advocacy and DemeanorNorthern Kentucky University Chase College of Law, Newport, KY, November 13, 2018
- Pregnancy Discrimination in the Workplace: A Guide for HR ProfessionalsGreater Cincinnati Human Resources Association, Cincinnati, OH, August 16, 2018
- The Ongoing Debate Over Whether Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Discrimination is a Protected Class Under Title VIIOhio Chamber of Commerce Webinar Presentation, Webinar, July 26, 2017
- So, You Want to Be a LawyerMason High School, Mason, OH, March 21, 2017
- Top Liability Trends in Employment PracticesTravelers Bond & Specialty Insurance Southwest Insurance Agents, Cincinnati, OH, January 25, 2017
- Legal Trends in Employment Law IssuesGreater Cincinnati Human Resources Assn., Cincinnati, OH, October 26, 2016
- The Fox News Sexual Harassment Claims and Other Current Employment Law IssuesGreater Cincinnati Human Resources Association, Cincinnati, OH, October 20, 2016
- Cincinnati, OH, January 20, 2014
- Recent Trends in Employment Arbitration: What Employers Need to Know in 2019Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys Quarterly Review, Spring 2019
- By Ian D. MitchellEmployment Practices Liability Winter Newsletter 2019, February 2019
- By Ian D. MitchellEmployment Practices Defense E-Blast, January 28, 2019
- By Melvin J. Davis and Ian D. MitchellEmployment Liability Newsletter, August 2018
- The EEOC: "Pro-Business" and Protections Afforded to Minority EmployeesNational Bar Association Magazine, July 2017
- EEOC’s Push to Expand Employees’ Rights Under Title VII to Include Protection from Workplace Discrimination on Basis of Sexual OrientationFall 2016 Employment Practices Liability Newsletter, October 26, 2016
- Mitigation of Damages Defense Against Title VII Wrongful Termination Claim and the Effect of Claimant’s Termination from Interim EmployerReminger Co., LPA Spring 2015 Employment Practices Newsletter, June 1, 2015
- Reminger Employment Practices Newsletter Fall 2014, November 6, 2014