J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2013
B.A., DePauw University, 2010
- State of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2013
- State of Illinois, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2015
The productive lawyer in our modern litigation environment recognizes that the law is a service industry more than ever before. To adapt to a rapidly evolving industry, the effective lawyer combines a timeless work ethic with the tools of our technological era to understand and address his client's increasingly complex interests, whether legal, financial, or personal. Our clients at Reminger deserve nothing less.
Tony is a shareholder practicing out of Reminger Co., LPA's Indianapolis office. Tony has devoted his career to the defense of individuals and businesses in areas of professional liability - including insurance and financial services - as well as government/public entity liability, sports/entertainment facility liability, products liability, trucking and commercial transportation, and workers' compensation.
Tony routinely handles litigation in state, federal, and administrative forums throughout Indiana and Illinois, as well as arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Tony strives to provide his clients with responsive service and clear, consistent communication throughout the litigation process. Tony ensures his clients receive honest and frank advice, whether that leads to pursuing a resolution or trial strategy.
Tony has written numerous publications and presented on a variety of practice areas, including wrongful death, financial services, workers' compensation, evidentiary matters at trial, and effective deposition practice.
Tony has geared his practice toward litigation ever since attending law school at Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where he pursued an Advocacy Concentration and excelled in the school's Moot Court competition, being named into the Order of the Barristers.
Honors & Recognitions
Order of the Barristers, Moot Court Society
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Indiana State Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Young Professionals of Central Indiana
Park Tudor Preparatory School
- January 15, 2020, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedPulaski County, Superior Court
Summary judgment on Plaintiff’s claim that Defendant negligently failed to procure appropriate insurance.
- Hydro Harvest, LLC vs. Sherri Rigney, American National Property and Casualty Company, and American National Insurance CompanyMay 22, 2019, Summary JudgmentMorgan County Superior Court (Indiana)
Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurance agent and insurance carrier facing claims of negligence and breach of contract, respectively.
- March 28, 2019, Dismissal grantedU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Obtained dismissal on behalf of a a broker of disability insurance facing claims of negligent procurement of insurance.
- February 11, 2019, Summary JudgmentHamilton
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a trampoline park facing claims of negligence and premises liability.
- September 14, 2017, Summary Judgment AffirmedIndiana Court of Appeals
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in financial services liability claim
- May 10, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedParke County
Obtained summary judgment in a case involving negligence claims against an operator of equine activities.
- Allen Morford and Loan Nguyen v. Green-Owens Insurance AgencyApril 18, 2017, Defense VerdictJohnson County, IN
Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving claims against an insurance agency for an alleged failure to procure insurance, fraud, misrepresentation, and a failure to advise as to proper insurance coverage.
- March 10, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedClinton
Obtained summary judgment in a case involving claims of negligent design and construction of a fertilizer grain facility.
- Jeremy Stader v. Penske Car Rental Indiana, LLC et al.February 10, 2017, Summary JudgmentMarion County, IN
Obtained summary judgment in a case involving claims of negligent entrustment of an automobile against a prominent car rental company.
- Stacey Burkhard, as Parent and Legal Guardian of Seth Burkhard, Minor vs. Just Jump, LLC d/b/a Sky ZoneJanuary 23, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedHendricks County, Indiana
- Evelyn Messmer v. KDK Financial Services, Inc., Fred Kern, and Dwight WadeDecember 19, 2016, Summary JudgmentMonroe County
Obtained summary judgment in favor of an annuity broker facing claims of financial services fraud.
- August 24, 2016, Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Defense of alleged failure to procure insurance coverage for a farm
- Courtney Wycoff v. White ConstructionApril 22, 2016, Summary JudgmentMarion County, IN
Obtained summary judgment in favor of a construction company facing claims of vicarious liability for the alleged misconduct of its employee.
- Truck Pro Equipment Sales, Inc. v. Insurance Professionals of New Palestine, Inc.April 11, 2016, Summary Judgment in favor of DefendantHancock
Obtained summary judgment in favor of an insurance agency facing claims of a negligent failure to procure insurance coverage.
- Edward Bradley v. Lafayette Limo, IncFebruary 17, 2016, Motion To DismissMarion County, IN
Obtained dismissal of a complaint asserting negligence against an Indiana common carrier.
- Harrison v. Crab Addison, Inc. d/b/a Joe’s Crab ShackFebruary 12, 2016, Judgment on the PleadingsMarion County, IN
Obtained judgment on the pleadings in favor of a national restaurant chain facing claims of alleged building code violations.
- Press Release, January 7, 2019
- Press Release, September 30, 2015
- Press Release, August 13, 2015
- Safe Ways to Call BS on Workers' Compensation ClaimsHB Fuller, Webinar, June 17, 2019
- Effective Deposition PreparationIndiana Society for Health Care Risk Management, Indianapolis, IN, November 11, 2016
- Wrongful Death TrinityZurich North America, Schaumburg, IL, December 4, 2015
- Indiana Court of Appeals: Continuous Representation Doctrine Does Not Apply to Financial ProfessionalsFinancial Services Professional Liability E-Blast, March 15, 2018
- Res Gestae, May 2014
- By Anthony Holton, Esq.November 2, 2016
- Court of Appeals Decision May Increase Damages Awards for Injured Plaintiffs Covered by Public Health Insurance PlansBy Anthony HoltonNovember 30, 2015
- By Anthony HoltonOctober 20, 2015