- Clerked for two years at civil litigation firms while in law school.
J.D. University of Akron School of Law, summa cum laude, 2017
B.S. Philosophy, University of Southern Indiana, 2013
- State of Ohio, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2018
- State of West Virginia, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia, 2019
I understand that a client’s trust is earned, and the only way to maintain that trust is by effectively, efficiently, and consistently ensuring the best possible outcomes in even the most difficult and complex cases.
Kenton practices in Reminger Co., LPA's Columbus office, where he focuses on matters involving medical malpractice defense and general liability.
While in law school, Kenton received recognition as a member of The University of Akron School of Law’s nationally ranked Mock Trial Team. He finished as a Regional Finalist in the American Association for Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition, and was selected as one of Akron Law’s representatives for the prestigious Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition. He also served as an Articles Editor on the Akron Law Review Editorial Board, a Student Senator for the Akron Law Student Bar Association, and as Magister of Akron Law’s legal honor society.
Honors & Recognitions
Awarded the National Association of Women Judges Scholarship, 2016
Federal Bar Association of the Northern District of Ohio Constitutional Law Award, 2016
Dean’s List every semester at The University of Akron School of Law
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
West Virginia Bar Association
Capital University Law School, Mock Trial Coach
Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
Handled a case involving facial scarring from a medical procedure where a default judgement had already been obtained before counsel was retained. I was able to show a defect in service that required the Court to vacate the judgement. This allowed us to assert our meritorious defense to the claim, which ultimately prevailed.
Additionally, I've obtained favorable recoveries in a number of subrogation case involving property damage and achieved favorable resolutions in multiple high- exposure long-term care cases involving allegations of nursing negligence.
- Press Release, February 6, 2018
- Rules of Evidence – A Practical ToolkitNational Business Institute CLE Seminar, Columbus, OH, April 12, 2019
- Detangling Liablity in Ridesharing AccidentsKing County Bar Association Bar Bulletin, May 2019
- By Kenton H. Steele and Melvin J. DavisEmployment Practices Liability Winter Newsletter 2019, February 2019
- Harmonie Brochure, June 2018
- Sixth Circuit Holds That Ohio’s Affidavit of Merit Requirement Does Not Apply To Medical Claims Filed In Federal CourtBy: Kenton H. SteeleDecember 3, 2019
- Ohio Supreme Court Decision on Workers' Compensation Subrogation is Favorable for Self-Insured Employers but Creates Potential Problems for Insurance CarriersBy Kenton Steele and Mick ProxmireJune 6, 2018
- The Ohio Supreme Court Misses an Opportunity to Resolve Uncertainty Surrounding the Statute of Limitations for Actions Against Insurance AgentsBy Zachary Pyers and Kenton H. SteeleFebruary 26, 2018