Katie is a shareholder in Reminger Co. LPA's Cleveland office. She focuses her practice on Employment Law and Professional Liability. She also has experience defending providers from Medical Malpractice. Katie has experience handling all aspects of litigation through trial in courts throughout the state of Ohio, in federal court, and in private arbitration.
Katie is a proud alumna of The Ohio State University and of Cleveland State University College of Law. While in law school, she served as Captain of the Trial Advocacy Team and as Research Editor for the Cleveland State Law Review. Since graduation, she has returned to serve as Adjunct Professor for Cleveland State University College of Law’s Mock Trial Team.
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Sep 2022, DismissalColumbus
Successfully defended a Class I Residential Youth Facility in an administrative trial in Columbus, Ohio before the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (ODMHAS), which sought to revoke our client’s license. ODMHAS recommended dismissal of the alleged violations. Instead of having its license revoked as threatened by the State, our client received a recommendation for its renewal, with a notable chastisement of the State, and compliments for the service it provides to the community.
- Jan 11, 2022Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
Motion for summary judgment granted in favor of our short-term rehabiliation center client against employee claims of race discrimination.
- Aug 31, 2021, AffirmedCourt of Appeals, Ashland County, Ohio, Fifth Appellate District
Defended youth behavioral facility against appeal after the trial court dismissed claims raised by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services for the emergency appointment of a receiver. The appellate court affirmed the original ruling in favor of youth behavioral facility.
- Aug 16, 2021Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of a condominium association and its board of directors against breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty case.
- Feb 22, 2021, Summary Judgment AffirmedLake County Court of Common Pleas
Appellate court affirmed summary judgment in favor of our client on a claim for wrongful discharge in violation of public policy.
- Nov 18, 2020, Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Motion for summary judgment granted in favor of nursing home against employee claims of age discrimination and retaliation.
- Jun 23, 2020, Motion for Summary Judgment GrantedLake County
Motion for summary judgment granted in favor of employer against employee claim of wrongful discharge in violation of public policy.
- Aug 7, 2019FINRA Arbitration
Defense of respondent insurance agent from claims of negligence, negligent and fraudulent misrepresentations, and unsuitability.
- Dec 14, 2018Cuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Jul 18, 2018Lucas
Defense of medical malpractice claim arising from abdominal hysterectomy
- Jun 7, 2018Lorain
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving shoulder dystocia during delivery resulting in a permanent brachial plexus injury
- Oct 5, 2017, Award in favor of our clientsFINRA Office of Dispute Resolution, Chicago, IL
- Mar 30, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedLake County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of an insurance agent from a claim of declaratory judgment brought by a Plaintiff who asserted that she should have been the only beneficiary on a life insurance policy.
- Feb 28, 2017, Motion to Dismiss GrantedCleveland Municipal Court, Cuyahoga County
Defense of an ambulance company from claims of negligence arising out of a motor vehicle accident
- Feb 22, 2017, Dismissal of All ClaimsFINRA Arbitration
Defense of a broker-dealer and broker against claims of unsuitability, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and negligence brought by a former client
- Jan 17, 2017, Summary Judgment GrantedCuyahoga County
Defense of a restaurant from a claim of negligence brought by a Plaintiff who asserted she slipped and fell
- Oct 28, 2016Stark
Defense of orthopedic surgery malpractice claim
- Mar 27, 2015Summit
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Dec 30, 2021
- Press Release, Jan 4, 2021
- Press Release, Nov 24, 2020
- Press Release, Sep 20, 2019
- Press Release, Nov 14, 2014
- Dec 7, 2021
- Oct 26, 2021
- Webinar, Jun 2, 2020
- Changing LGBT Legal LandscapeCleveland, OH, Dec 2, 2019
- Newsletter, Dec 16, 2016
- Employers May Need to Offer Accommodations to Job Applicants & Employees Even If They Do Not Ask for an AccommodationFall 2016 Employment Practices Liability Newsletter, Oct 26, 2016
- Reminger Co., LPA Retail & Hospitality Newsletter Winter 2015, Feb 10, 2015
- While COVID-19 Forces Many to Work from Home, the Sixth Circuit Issues Ruling Requiring Disabled Employees to Present Documentation of Medical Necessity to Receive a Work from Home AccommodationApr 6, 2020
- The Ohio Supreme Court Deals a Heavy Blow to the Use of the Delayed-Damage Rule Against Insurance Agents in Professional Liability ActionsJul 10, 2018
- UPDATE: Ohio’s Tenth District Follows Federal Precedent Finding No Standing for Technical Violations of the FCRA’s Disclosure RequirementJan 19, 2018
J.D., Cleveland State University College of Law, magna cum laude, 2014
- Captain, Member—Trial Advocacy Team 2012-2014
- Research Editor—Cleveland State Law Review 2012-2014
- Secretary—Health Law Society 2012-2014
B.S., The Ohio State University, 2010
- State of Ohio, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2020