Steve is the President/Managing Partner of Reminger Co., LPA. He has served in that position since 2005. While serving in this capacity, Reminger has grown 7 new offices to a total of 14.
Steve has 35 years of legal experience in a wide variety of areas. His legal practice remains focused on the representation of medical professionals and facilities with a continued interest in counseling business clients on their legal and managerial issues.
As a trial attorney, Steve has tried more than 130 cases to verdict. He is also called upon to take over catastrophic litigation matters from other attorneys.
Steve continues to be a recognized thought leader in the legal community and is featured in the media outlining his thoughts on successful leadership. He has been recognized and listed in the Best Lawyers in America since 1999. He has been recognized in Ohio Super Lawyers since 2006 through 2020. He has been named one of the Top 50 Attorneys in Cleveland.
Steve also serves as Chair of the Quality Assurance Committee for Reminger.
Steve is President of the Reminger Foundation, a philanthropic organization which was founded in 2009 under his leadership. The Foundation supports worthy causes throughout the geographical reach of Reminger’s practice. It is supported by members of the law firm and the community alike.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, 1999 – present
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine for more than 10 years
Featured as Attorney of the Month in Attorney at Law Magazine
Featured in Cleveland Plain Dealer : “Talk with the Boss”
Community & Professional
The American Bar Foundation
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Greater Cleveland Partnership
Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Prior Trustee to Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation
- Jul 22, 2018, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of medical malpractice in alleged missed diagnosis of stroke
- Sep 1, 2017, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice injury claim involving stroke
- R.Ress, et al., v. D. Karns, M.D., et alMay 15, 2015, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of surgical medical malpractice claim
- Mar 12, 2012, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice
- May 25, 2011, Defense VerdictLake
Defense of wrongful death emergency medical malpractice claim involving death of subarachnoid hematoma
- Aug 27, 2010, Defense VerdictLake
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Sep 22, 2009, Hung JuryLake
Defense of Medical Malpractice claim.
- Mar 19, 2009, Defense VerdictLake
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- May 2008, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice orthopedic surgery claim.
- Apr 15, 2008, Defense VerdictLake
Defense of wrongful death in medical malpractice case (ProAssurance)
- Feb 14, 2008, Defense VerdictMedina
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim.
- Jan 31, 2008, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of catastrophic birth injury claim.
- Jan 2008, Defense VerdictLake
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice claim involving 52 year old stroke victim. (OHIC)
- Feb 2007, Defense VerdictGeauga
Defense of internal medicine physician alleging wrongful death/medical negligence and failure to timely diagnose and appropriately treat sepsis in a 40-year old.
- Jan 25, 2007, Directed VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice wrongful death.
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- The Reminger Foundation Commits $275,000 to COVID-19 Response Funds in Supporting Frontline CaregiversPress Release, Mar 31, 2020
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Reminger Co., LPA Named to “Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio” Among Midsized Companies List for Ninth Consecutive YearThe Plain Dealer, Jun 16, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Plain Dealer, Jun 17, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Super Lawyers, Nov 27, 2017
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2017
- The Reminger Foundation Awards $15,000 in Charitable Contributions to Organizations Combatting Opioid Crisis in Northeast OhioCrain's Cleveland Business, Jul 20, 2017
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2016
- Reminger Co., LPA Named #1 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio Among Midsized Companies for Second Consecutive YearPress release, Jun 19, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Press Release, Aug 17, 2015
- Attorney at Law Magazine, Aug 6, 2015
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2014
- Press Release, Aug 18, 2014
- Crain's Cleveland Business, Mar 3, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2013
- Aug 16, 2013
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Press Release, Aug 24, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Press Release, Aug 31, 2011
- Press Release, Mar 7, 2011
- Reminger Co., LPA Managing Partner Stephen Walters Featured in The Plain Dealer's Talk with the Boss sectionThe Plain Dealer, Aug 1, 2010
- Reminger Co., LPA Managing Partner Stephen E. Walters Featured in Crain's Cleveland Business Article on MalpracticeCrain's Cleveland Business, Jun 13, 2005
- "Whats Changed in Medical Malpractice"Lake County Bar Association CLE Seminar, Jun 5, 2008
- Attorney at Law Magazine, Aug 7, 2015
- How to Help Struggling EmployeesDec 1, 2009
J.D., Cleveland Marshall College of Law, 1983
B.A., Cleveland State University, cum laude, 1980
- State of Ohio, 1983