Michael is an associate attorney in Reminger Co. LPA's Cincinnati office. His practice includes general liability, retail and hospitality, employment, products liability, professional liability, long-term care liability, medical malpractice, and domestic relations.
Michael graduated magna cum laude from Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law, where he was selected to the Order of the Barristers. In addition, he was an honor scholar for the W. Bruce Lunsford Academy of Business and Technology as well as a member of the national trial advocacy team at Chase. In addition, Michael is a member of the 2023 Class of the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (C.A.L.L.), an innovative program that focuses on practical, professional, and ethical issues facing local attorneys developed by the Cincinnati Bar Association.
- Apr 25, 2023, Motion To DismissHamilton County Court of Common Pleas
Motion to Dismiss granted in medical malpractice and negligence case asserted against correctional medical provider for the wrongful death of inmate. This matter was already litigated and decided in client’s favor in the federal court, but was re-filed by the Plaintiff in state court. We moved to dismiss based upon statute of limitations and other affirmative defenses.
- Apr 2023, Motion for Summary Judgment GrantedHamilton County Court of Common Pleas
Motion for summary judgment granted in slip and fall case at big box retailer.
- Jan 24, 2023, Motion For Summary Judgment Granted, Claims Dismissed with PrejudiceU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Defended a big box retailer against an alleged premises liability claim involving a slip and fall due to a purported water hazard.
- Dec 19, 2022, Motion For Summary JudgmentBrown
Summary judgment granted in favor of our agricultural supply company client in a case involving alleged catastrophic damage to a vineyard and winery. Plaintiffs alleged that our client improperly sprayed an herbicide on an adjacent soybean field, and that the chemical improperly drifted onto their vineyard.
- Nov 22, 2022, Dismissal Affirmed6th Appellate Dist
Dismissal affirmed in favor of our attorney client in regards to alleged civil conspiracy, malicious prosecution, and intentional infliction of emotional distress, fraud, abuse-of-process, false imprisonment, and other negligence-based claims, arising out of our clients’ representation of a spouse in a contested custody dispute with the Appellant-father.
- Nov 8, 2022Miamisburg Municipal Court, Miamisburg, OH
Successfully defended electronics retailer against claims alleging faulty repair and technical service.
- Aug 2022, DismissalSouthern District of Ohio
Succesfully defended big-box retailer in a premises liability case alleging active negligence of employee.
- Jul 15, 2022, Intervention Granted and Administration DismissedButler County Probate Court
Successfully intervened on behalf of heir into administration of estate opened on false grounds that decedent died intestate in Ohio when in fact she died in Mississippi and with a Last Will and Testament.
- Mar 10, 2022, DismissalHamilton County Common Pleas Court
Successfully defended large retailer against claim of traumatic brain injury on premises.
- Feb 7, 2022Butler County
Successfully defended Auto-Care Center against negligence claim.
- OACTA Quarterly Review, Aug 25, 2022
J.D., Northern Kentucky University - Salmon P. Chase College of Law, magna cum laude, 2020
M.F.A., Saint Mary's College of California, 2015
B.A., Wittenberg University, 2012
- State of Ohio, 2020
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2021
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2022
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2022
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2022