As a leader in our firm, Ron is the Managing Partner of our Columbus office and serves on the firm’s Management and Executive Committees. Ron also co-chairs our Workers’ Compensation Practice Group and is Co-Chair of the firm’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee.
Ron began his career with the Ohio Industrial Commission, and has served Reminger’s diverse workers’ compensation and occupational injury clientele since 1995. In that time, Ron has handled the various types of disputes involving occupational accidents and injuries. These experiences include administrative hearings, trials to verdict, appeals before the Ohio Courts of Appeal and the Ohio Supreme Court, and OSHA citations. In addition, Ron provides counsel to employers, third-party administrators, and service providers concerning their risk management programs and their relationships with Ohio’s Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. These issues have included coverage and classification disputes, self-insurance acquisition and compliance, and provider certification.
Ron has been recognized as a specialist in Workers’ Compensation law by the Ohio State Bar Association and is peer-rated by Martindale Hubble, Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers.
Honors & Recognitions
AV Preeminent® Rated with Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Certified as a Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law by the Ohio State Bar Association
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine, with special recognition as a Top 50 Columbus Lawyer in 2021.
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Workers' Compensation Law - Employers, since 2016
Selected as Columbus CEO 2022 Top Lawyers in Central Ohio, since 2014
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Columbus Bar Association
FoodRescue Columbus, Member
“Ron Fresco’s performance for us has been stellar from our first assignment, 15 years ago, to the present.”
- Oct 8, 2021Ohio Industrial Commission
Defended our client against claims of lock-out/tag-out, guarding, and e-stop regulations violations.
- Jul 2020Ohio Industrial Commission
Claimant sought VSSR award as a result of a forklift incident. The claim for additional benefits was denied after hearing, as was a motion for rehearing. No mandamus appeal.
- Nov 9, 2016Franklin
Workers’ compensation right to participate appeal by Plaintiff
- In Re: Staffing Solutions SE
Defense of state-fund employer from BWC decision to exclude employer from group rating based on merger and resultant experience combination.
- In Re: Manheim Inc
Defense of state-fund employer against BWC audit seeking $600,000.00 in back premiums based on alleged misclassification of manual payroll.
- Judgment For Employer
Prosecution of employer's right to participate appeal to additional allowance of lumbar spondylosis, aggravation of pre-existing lumbar degenerative arthritis and herniated cervical disc.
- Priest v. Honeywell Inc.Judgment For Employer
Defense of injured worker’s right to participate appeal to denial of psychological conditions.
- Geddes v. FedEx Freight East, Inc.Judgment For Employer
Prosecution of employer's right to participate appeal on additional allowance of depression.
- In Re: Behr Dayton Thermal Products, LLC
Recovery of $1.4 Million from Ohio BWC based on breach of incentive contract between employer, Ohio BWC and Ohio Department of Development.
- Gerlach v. FedEx Freight East, Inc.Judgment For Employer
Defense of employer in injured workers' right to participate appeal to denial of original allowance of claim.
- State ex rel ABF Freight System Inc. v. Industrial Commission of OhioJudgment For Employer
Prosecution of employer action in mandamus to reverse loss of use award.
- Sep 26, 2022
- May 2, 2022
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Dec 30, 2021
- Columbus Business First, Oct 11, 2021
- Aug 19, 2021
- Jul 16, 2021
- Press Release, Dec 8, 2020
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, May 11, 2020
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, May 22, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Press Release, May 29, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2017
- The Reminger Foundation Makes $10,000 Charitable Donation to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central OhioPress Release, Apr 3, 2017
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2016
- Part B News, May 16, 2016
- Columbus Business First, Feb 3, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Press Release, Aug 17, 2015
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2013
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Apr 21, 2022
- Webinar, Dec 4, 2020
- Defense Strategies in the Workplace with Medical MarijuanaLisle, IL, Mar 6, 2019
- Occupational Safety and Workers’ Compensation Risk ManagementChicago, IL, Mar 18, 2018
- The Ins and Outs of Ohio BWC 3rd Level AuditGoodlettsville, TN, May 9, 2017
- How to Defend Against Substantial Aggravation Cases and Concussion/Post-Concussion CasesDublin, OH, Sep 26, 2016
- Practical Application of the Concussion Syndrome Injury in the Workers’ Comp. ContextDublin, OH, Sep 26, 2016
- Substantial Aggravation in Workers’ Comp InjuriesComp Management Inc., Columbus, OH, Mar 8, 2016
- Substantial Aggravation in Workers’ Comp InjuriesSedgwick CMS, Dublin, OH, Feb 29, 2016
- Updates on Ohio Workers’ Compensation LawSedgwick CMS In-House Workshop, Hilliard, OH, Feb 15, 2016
- Primer for Ohio Workers’ Compensation Claim HandlingDollar General Corporate Headquarters, Goodlettsville, TN, Aug 19, 2014
- Claims Handling Strategies and A Self Insured Employer Audit Summary in OhioMacy’s Corporate Risk Management Dept. - Cincinnati, OH, May 2, 2012
- Best Practices for Workers’ Comp. Claim Handler and Outside CounselCareWorks Consultants and Gallagher Bassett Claim Departments - Columbus, OH, Oct 14, 2011
- Wage Loss and Living Maintenance Wage Loss in Workers’ CompensationCareWorks Consultants, Inc. - Dublin, OH, Aug 3, 2011
- Recent Developments Under Ohio's Workers' Compensation Intentional Tort Statute: Brady v. Safety-Klean Corp., 20 Cap. U. L. Rev. 1031
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Controversy Continues in Ohio: Another Blip on the Screen, or a Wake Up Call for TPA's?
- Workers' Compensation Client Eblast, Mar 20, 2020
- Published case: State Ex. Rel. Lacroix v. Industrial Commission 144 Ohio St. 3d 17, 2015-Ohio-2313, Dec 15, 2015
- When a Herniated Disc is not a Herniated Disc: Ohio’s Continuing Jurisdiction in the Post-Surgical WorldMay 20, 2020
- Feb 4, 2020
- Jun 26, 2018
- Mar 9, 2016
- May 26, 2015
- Ohio BWC Settles Premium Class Action Dispute: Ohio Businesses to Submit Refund Claim Forms by October 22, 2014Oct 9, 2014
- Sep 28, 2008
B.A., The Ohio State University, 1989
J.D., Capital University Law School, 1992; Law Review Business Editor, 1991-92
- State of Ohio, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1993