Mike is the managing partner of Reminger Co., LPA's Sandusky office and concentrates his practice on defending doctors, hospitals, and medical personnel in medical negligence matters. Mike's litigation expertise also encompasses the defense of clients in legal malpractice, general liability, transportation liability, and professional liability matters. He has tried more than 65 first chair jury trials involving medical malpractice and transportation liability. Mike is also a member of the firm's Management Committee.
Mike is a member of various professional bar associations. He frequently presents educational seminars to both legal and non-legal professionals in the areas of medical negligence, tort reform, and risk management.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Community & Professional
American Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Feb 24, 2023, Defense VerdictSandusky
Defense of opthamologist in endophthlamitis case which led to permanent blindness.
- May 9, 2022, Defense VerdictLucas County
Defense of general surgeon in medical malpractice claim involving a failure to timely diagnose a bowel perforation which led to septic shock, coma, and cardiopulmonary injury.
- Mar 29, 2022, Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings GrantedLucas County
Defense of medical malpractice claim arising from medical care of COVID-19 patient.
- Feb 17, 2022, Defense VerdictVan Wert County
Defense of interventional radiologist in medical malpractice/wrongful death claim involving alleged negligence, which led to massive bleeding and death following a kyphoplasty procedure.
- Aug 10, 2021, Defense VerdictErie County, Ohio
Defense of medical malpractice/wrongful death claim involving the negligent prescription of medication for off label use which led to deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and death.
- May 18, 2021, Defense VerdictRichland
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving the negligent insertion of a Foley catheter and catheter guide which led to bladder perforation and permanent injury.
- Jun 11, 2019, Defense VerdictLucas
Defense of emergency medicine malpractice claim in 6-day jury trial alleging failure to diagnose soft tissue infection resulting in gangrene, multiple surgeries, and permanent injury.
- Aug 10, 2018, Plaintiff VerdictErie
Defense of wrongful death claim involving a terminal airway obstruction resulting in cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Jun 7, 2018, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving shoulder dystocia during delivery resulting in a permanent brachial plexus injury
- Mar 20, 2018, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of alleged negligent recredentialing a foot surgeon in performing 32 unnecessary surgeries
- Feb 23, 2018, Judgment Affirmed6th District Court of Appeals
Gaye Lynn Harris-Miles, et al. v. Lakewood Hospital, et al.
Defense of medical malpractice appeal.
- Jul 3, 2017, Reversed6th Appellate Dist
Gallagher, Extr. v. Firelands Regional Medical Center
Defendant appealed adverse trial court judgment in wrongful death medical malpractice case
- Jun 20, 2017, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of orthopedic medical malpractice
- Mar 7, 2017, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of negligent credentialing and re-credentialing of podiatrist
- Oct 13, 2016, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim involving deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolus
- May 27, 2015, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice case
- Mar 11, 2015, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Aug 22, 2014, Defense VerdictKnox
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Jul 16, 2014, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of wrongful
death psychiatric claim
- Jun 28, 2011, Favorable OutcomeKnox
Defense of wrongful death emergency medicine malpractice claim
- Dec 20, 2010, Judgment Affirmed3rd Appellate Dist.
Striff, Admr., et al. v. Pandora Family Physicians, Inc. and Steven K. McCullough et al
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial verdict in wrongful death/med mal case.
- Sep 30, 2010, Judgment Affirmed6th Appellate Dist
Judith Duffett v. Greg Abdoo, et al. v. Phillip Mata, et al.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court result in construction defect liability case.
- Aug 30, 2010, Defense Verdict6th Appellate Dist
David Davis v. Firelands Hospital
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court result in catastrophic medical negligence claim based on trial court evidentiary rulings.
- Mar 2, 2010, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice case following anoxic episode from massive infection
- Nov 30, 2009, Defense VerdictAllen
Defense of a wrongful death/medical malpractice case involving the death of a 43 year old man due to a heart attack.
- Oct 9, 2009, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of catastrophic medical negligence claim
- Apr 25, 2008, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of orthopedic and neurological medical malpractice claim.
- Sep 12, 2007, Defense VerdictErie
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim.
- May 2, 2022
- Aug 19, 2021
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Nov 10, 2021
- Nursing Documentation and Malpractice Seminar for EMH Regional Medical CenterJun 5, 2009
- Seminar on Ohio Apology Law for The Doctors CompanyJan 21, 2009
- "Advancing the Practice of Good Medicine", Doctor's Company, Northwest Ohio Insured PhysiciansToledo, Ohio, May 7, 2008
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Client Newsletter, Apr 3, 2020
- Published Case: Gallagher, Extr. v. Firelands Regional Medical Center 2017-Ohio-483Patient’s medical records including doctor’s hearsay statements were admissible under the business records exception of the hearsay rule, Jul 3, 2017
- Oct 6, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- Jan 20, 2021
- Keeping the Gatekeeper at the Gate: Overcoming the 10th District’s Recent Decision that Could Remove the Teeth from Rule 10(D)(2)’s Affidavit of Merit RequirementNov 29, 2018
- Nov 15, 2018
- Ohio Supreme Court Rules Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Must Be Filed Within Four Years of Claimed InjuryOct 25, 2016
- Challenges to the Constitutionality of Indiana’s Med Mal Caps Continue Despite a Recent Legislative CompromiseAug 17, 2016
- Jul 11, 2016
- Jul 29, 2015
- Intentional Intrusions Of Patient-Privacy May Be Pursued Under A Theory Of General Medical Negligence In IndianaApr 1, 2015
- First District Court of Appeals Issues Significant Decision Interpreting the Application of Ohio’s Damage Cap Statute - R.C. 2323.43 - in Multiple CircumstancesOct 8, 2014
J.D., Thomas Cooley Law School, 1995
B.A., John Carroll University, 1989
- State of Ohio, 1996