J.D., Capital University Law School, magna cum laude, 2013
- Executive Articles Editor, Capital University Law Review, Volume 41
- Pro Bono Legal Honors
- Order of the Curia
M.A., Political Science, American University, 2010
- Passed Comprehensive Examination with Distinction
B.A., Political Science, Mathematics, and Spanish, Ashland University, magna cum laude, 2007
- State of Ohio, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2015
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2015
Drawing on my mathematics background, I use my problem-solving skills to counsel clients and obtain positive solutions to their problems. I truly enjoy working with clients and understand that my success depends on my clients’ satisfaction.
Keona is a partner in Reminger Co., L.P.A.’s Columbus office, where she focuses her legal practice in several areas, including employment litigation, governmental liability, and general casualty. Keona has extensive experience in both state and federal courts, including the appellate level. She also represents clients before administrative agencies, such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, and the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights. Keona originally joined Reminger as a law clerk and worked in a wide variety of practice groups.
Keona has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine. She is also a member of a number of professional organizations. She is currently on the Board of Directors of the Ashland University Alumni Association.
While at Capital University Law School, Keona served on the Law Review Executive Board and as a Legal Intern in the law school’s Legal Clinic. She also competed as a member of the Capital University Law School Mock Trial team, which won second place at the regional competition in Cleveland. She now serves as an advisor to the Mock Trial team.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
American Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Columbus Bar Association
Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
Ashland University Alumni Association
-Board of Directors
Obtained defense verdict (as second chair) on behalf of a hospital in a commercial premises liability personal injury claim.
Obtained reversal of a denial of political subdivision immunity on behalf of a city and city water department.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a board of developmental disabilities in lawsuit involving claims of age discrimination, wrongful termination, and retaliation.
Successfully enforced arbitration provision on behalf of a nursing home that was upheld on appeal.
Successfully prosecuted retailer’s claim for contractual indemnification and attorney’s fees.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. v. PepsiAugust 14, 2019, Motion for Summary Judgment granted for indemnity and attorney feesScioto
Prosecution of claims for indemnification and attorney fees
- D. Warner, et al. v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., et al.August 14, 2019, Motion for Summary Judgment as to attorney feesScioto
Defense of commercial premises liability claim.
- February 19, 2019, Judgment AffirmedThird District Court of Appeals, Union County
Plaintiff appeal adverse trial court judgment in long term care case based on signed arbitration agreement
- Christopher Plank, Administrator of the Estate of Monica Plank v. City of Bellefontaine and City of Bellefontaine Water DepartmentApril 25, 2018, Defense Ruling UpheldOhio Supreme Court
Defense of municipality in wrongful death case
- Christopher Plank, Administrator of the Estate of Monica Plank v. City of Bellefontaine and City of Bellefontaine Water DepartmentNovember 20, 2017, Third District Court of Appeals reversed the trial court’s denial of political subdivision immunity and remanded the case to the trial court to grant Defendants’ Motion for Summary Judgment, pursuant to the Third District’s decision3rd District Court of Appeals
Defense of municipality in wrongful death case
- February 6, 2017, Summary Judgment Affirmed12th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in personal injury claim
- Whitson, et al. v. One Stop Rental Tool and PartyMarch 18, 2016, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedPreble
Defense of personal injury claim due to bounce house rental
- January 20, 2016, Judgment Affirmed5th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed favorable jury award but denial of permanent damages
- December 15, 2015, Judgment Affirmed10th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in retail & hospitality personal injury claim.
- T. Melton v. Donna GuyApril 23, 2015, Favorable OutcomeLicking
Defense of auto admitted liability personal injury claim
- DeWeese v. Berger Health System, Inc.November 18, 2014, Defense VerdictPickaway
Defense of health care commercial premises liability personal injury claim
- Press Release, January 2, 2020
- Press Release, November 27, 2019
- Press Release, December 5, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, May 23, 2016
- Nicholas Bobb, Daniel Hyzak and Keona Padgett Join OfficePress Release, March 9, 2014
- How to Get your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted in TrialNational Business Institute CLE, Columbus, OH, October 31, 2016
- Managing Capital University’s Law School’s Mock Trial ProgramFranklin University Learning Showcase, Columbus, OH, October 7, 2016
- Reminger Co., LPA Retail & Hospitality Newsletter Winter 2015, February 10, 2015
- Safety Accountability Program (CSA) for the Trucking IndustryHarmonie Trucking Conference, Little Rock, Arkansas, June 1, 2014