Brittany is a shareholder in Reminger's Toledo office. She focuses her practice on professional liability, workers compensation, general casualty/excess surplus lines, long-term care liability, insurance/bad faith liability , and trucking and commercial transportation. Brittany has extensive experience in both state and federal courts, including the appellate level. She also represents clients before administrative agencies, such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
Brittany’s clients are businesses and the people operating them. She knows that the owners and employees perform their jobs with integrity and need diligent representation in defense of claims against their policies, principals, and performance. Her clients trust her to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their claims and she truly believes attorneys are counselors at law.
Brittany’s past litigation experience includes labor and employment litigation, criminal defense, and probate and trust litigation. She previously served as a coach for the University of Toledo’s Trial Advocacy Team as well as the St. Mary’s Catholic Central High School Mock Trial Team in Monroe, Michigan.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Insurance Law
Order of the Barristers, 2013
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Monroe County Bar Association
Michigan State Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Toledo Bar Association
Toledo Women’s Bar Association
- Sep 2023, Administrative Charge DismissedEEOC
Defended nursing services provider against claim of employment discrimination based on sex and pregnancy. Claim was investigated and dismissed by the EEOC.
- Sep 8, 2023, Motion for Judgment on the PleadingsLucas County Court of Common Pleas
Plaintiff alleged claims of legal malpractice, fraud, civil conspiracy, IIED, and unlawful acts intended to violated plaintiff’s 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment rights related to our client's legal representation of Plaintiff. Plaintiff filed his claims outside of the 1 year statute of limitations for legal malpractice and all related claims were subsumed into the legal malpractice claim and were barred as untimely.
- Aug 14, 2023, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLucas County Court of Common Pleas
Defended social services organization against claims of violating rights under HIPAA, violating FOIA, making a false police report, and violating civil rights. Plaintiff’s claims were dismissed for failing to state a valid claim as required by the civil rules.
- Jul 18, 2023, Motion for Summary Disposition GrantedMichigan, 36th District Court
Plaintiff claimed negligence causing property damage resulting from a tree being blown over from her neighbor’s property onto her personal vehicle.
- Dec 19, 2022, Motion for Summary Judgment Affirmed6th Cir. Court of Appeals
Plaintiff/Appellant claimed her employer discriminated against her based on race and retaliated against her for reporting discrimination based on race and sex by terminating her.
- Jan 6, 2022United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Motion for summary judgment granted in favor of our manufacturing and distribution logistics client against Title VII violation claims of racial discrimination and retaliation.
- Sep 9, 2021, Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division
Defense of claim alleging negligence resulting in knee injury on premises of big box retailer.
- Aug 3, 2021, Summary Judgment GrantedToledo Municipal Court
Defense of nursing home facility against claim of intentional infliction of emotional distress for its efforts to collect on a past-due account.
- May 12, 2021, Dismissal and Notice of RightsDetroit, MI
Represented staffing agency in claim of sex discrimination and retaliation.
- May 10, 2021, Dismissal and Notice of RightsDetroit, MI
Represented car dealership in charge alleging discrimination based on race, sex and retaliation.
- Apr 27, 2021, Motion to Dismiss Granted39th Circuit Court, Lenawee County, MI
Defense of claim of breach of contract and contribution on long-term care contract.
- Feb 26, 2021, Dismissal with PrejudiceLucas County Court of Common Pleas
Plaintiff claimed mental health agency performed deficient psychiatric exam resulting in his incarceration, defamation, and emotional distress.
- Feb 3, 2021, Dismissal and Notice of RightsDetroit, MI
Represented factory in in charge alleging age discrimination.
- Jun 30, 2020, Judgment Affirmed6th Appellate Dist
Plaintiﬀ appealed granting of summary judgment in claimed employment discrimination based on disability and retaliation for request an accommodation.
- Sep 26, 2019Ohio Civil Right Commission – Toledo, OH
Represented staffing service company in charge alleging discrimination based on race, sex and retaliation.
- Aug 2, 2019, Directed verdict affirmed on appealLucas
Plaintiff/Appellant appealed a directed verdict dismissing all Defendants as Plaintiff failed to prove both defendants were liable of tortious conduct as required to apply the doctrine of alternative liability.
- Apr 29, 2019, Summary Judgment Affirmed on AppealWood
Plaintiff/Appellant claimed she slipped and fell on spilled sour cream in the cooler section at Dollar General and incurred injury.
- Apr 26, 2019OCRC
Represented staffing service company in charge alleging termination as result of a disability.
- Oct 26, 2018Toledo
Arbitration defense of personal injuries related to negligent application of cosmetics by an employee.
- Oct 1, 2018Wood
Defense of premises liability personal injury claim
- Sep 20, 2018, Directed VerdictLucas County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of personal injury and property damage claim and alleged negligence, assault and battery and conversion.
- Nov 14, 2017Lucas
Defense of commercial auto liability personal injury claim
- Nov 3, 2017Lima Municipal Court
Arbitration defense of negligent installation causing damage to real property
- Oct 12, 2017Ohio Civil Right Commission – Toledo, OH
Defense of gender discrimination and retaliatory discharge by former employee
- Sep 8, 2017Lucas
Prosecution of divorce and custody dispute
- May 19, 2017Lucas
Arbitration defense of medical device (rolling walker) product liability personal injury claim (Nixon & Co.)
- May 19, 2017Lucas
Arbitration defense of property damage claim against media service supplier
- Mar 1, 2017Lucas
Arbitration defense of products personal injury liability claim
- Oct 12, 2016Henry
Arbitration defense of commercial services property damage liability claim
- Feb 3, 2016Allen
Defense of catastrophic cardiothoracic surgical negligence case
- Jan 5, 2022
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Dec 30, 2021
- Toledo Business Journal, Nov 2021
- Press Release, Dec 8, 2020
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, May 2, 2016
- Employment Discrimination, Disabilities, Harassment, Retaliation, and Investigating Employee ComplaintsCommunity Memorial Hospital, Oct 7, 2022
- Jul 15, 2021
- Jan 20, 2021
- Not All Public Policies Are Equal: The Supreme Court of Ohio Further Refines Wrongful Termination in Violation of Public PolicyMar 16, 2020
- Oct 14, 2019
- Sep 23, 2019
- Specific Laws with Express Provisions Prohibiting Retaliation are Required in Ohio Wrongful Discharge Claims in Violation of Public PolicyFeb 13, 2019
- Mar 6, 2018
- The Ohio Supreme Court Misses an Opportunity to Resolve Uncertainty Surrounding the Statute of Limitations for Actions Against Insurance AgentsFeb 26, 2018
- Ohio Supreme Court Finds That An Action At Law On A Promissory Note To Collect A Mortgage Debt Is Separate And Distinct From An Action In Equity To Enforce A Mortgage Lien On PropertyDec 7, 2016
- Nov 2, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016
J.D., University of Toledo, cum laude, 2013
Master of Science, American University, 2009
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2005
- State of Michigan, 2013
- State of Ohio, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit