Brittany practices in Reminger’s Toledo Office. She has dedicated her practice to civil defense matters including employment practices, professional liability, workers compensation, general casualty/excess surplus lines, long-term care liability, trucking and commercial transportation, and commercial litigation. Brittany has extensive experience in both state and federal courts, including the appellate level. She also represents clients before administrative agencies, such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
Brittany’s clients are businesses and the people operating them. She knows that the owners and employees perform their jobs with integrity and need diligent representation in defense of claims against their policies, principals, and performance. Her clients trust her to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their claims and she truly believes attorneys are counselors at law.
Brittany’s past litigation experience includes labor and employment litigation, criminal defense, and probate and trust litigation. She previously served as a coach for the University of Toledo’s Trial Advocacy Team as well as the St. Mary’s Catholic Central High School Mock Trial Team in Monroe, Michigan.
Defense verdict obtained in rear-end collision jury trial for employer.
Summary judgment obtained in slip and fall at store.
“No probable cause” findings obtained on behalf of employers discrimination and retaliation claims.
Directed verdict affirmed on appeal in defense of claims of assault, conversion, and negligence claims against employer.
Honors & Recognitions
Order of the Barristers, 2013
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Monroe County Bar Association
Michigan State Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Toledo Bar Association
Toledo Women’s Bar Association
- Jun 30, 2020, Judgment Affirmed6th Appellate Dist
Plaintiﬀ appealed granting of summary judgment in claimed employment discrimination based on disability and retaliation for request an accommodation.
- Sep 26, 2019, Finding of No Probable Cause/DismissalOhio Civil Right Commission – Toledo, OH
Represented staffing service company in charge alleging discrimination based on race, sex and retaliation.
- Aug 2, 2019, Directed verdict affirmed on appealLucas
Plaintiff/Appellant appealed a directed verdict dismissing all Defendants as Plaintiff failed to prove both defendants were liable of tortious conduct as required to apply the doctrine of alternative liability.
- Apr 29, 2019, Summary Judgment Affirmed on AppealWood
Plaintiff/Appellant claimed she slipped and fell on spilled sour cream in the cooler section at Dollar General and incurred injury.
- Apr 26, 2019, Finding of No Probable Cause/DismissalOCRC
Represented staffing service company in charge alleging termination as result of a disability.
- Oct 26, 2018, Finding For DefendantToledo
Arbitration defense of personal injuries related to negligent application of cosmetics by an employee.
- Oct 1, 2018, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedWood
Defense of premises liability personal injury claim
- Sep 20, 2018, Directed VerdictLucas County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of personal injury and property damage claim and alleged negligence, assault and battery and conversion.
- Nov 14, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Defense of commercial auto liability personal injury claim
- Nov 3, 2017, Finding For DefendantLima Municipal Court
Arbitration defense of negligent installation causing damage to real property
- Oct 12, 2017, Finding For DefendantOhio Civil Right Commission – Toledo, OH
Defense of gender discrimination and retaliatory discharge by former employee
- Sep 8, 2017, Divorce and custody awardedLucas
Prosecution of divorce and custody dispute
- May 19, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Arbitration defense of medical device (rolling walker) product liability personal injury claim (Nixon & Co.)
- May 19, 2017, Defense VerdictLucas
Arbitration defense of property damage claim against media service supplier
- Mar 1, 2017, Finding For DefendantLucas
Arbitration defense of products personal injury liability claim
- Oct 12, 2016, Finding For DefenseHenry
Arbitration defense of commercial services property damage liability claim
- Feb 3, 2016, Defense VerdictAllen
Defense of catastrophic cardiothoracic surgical negligence case
- Press Release, Dec 8, 2020
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, May 2, 2016
- Not All Public Policies Are Equal: The Supreme Court of Ohio Further Refines Wrongful Termination in Violation of Public PolicyMar 16, 2020
- Oct 14, 2019
- Sep 23, 2019
- Specific Laws with Express Provisions Prohibiting Retaliation are Required in Ohio Wrongful Discharge Claims in Violation of Public PolicyFeb 13, 2019
- Mar 6, 2018
- The Ohio Supreme Court Misses an Opportunity to Resolve Uncertainty Surrounding the Statute of Limitations for Actions Against Insurance AgentsFeb 26, 2018
- Ohio Supreme Court Finds That An Action At Law On A Promissory Note To Collect A Mortgage Debt Is Separate And Distinct From An Action In Equity To Enforce A Mortgage Lien On PropertyDec 7, 2016
- Nov 2, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016
J.D., University of Toledo, cum laude, 2013
Master of Science, American University, 2009
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2005
- State of Michigan, 2013
- State of Ohio, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit