Andy is a shareholder in Reminger Co., LPA's Akron office, where he specializes in the defense of medical and healthcare professionals, including physicians, dentists, nurses, therapists, hospitals and assisted living and long-term care facilities. Andy serves as a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
Andy defends malpractice allegations against professionals including real estate agents, brokers, accountants, architects and engineers. He also has extensive experience handling general liability and premises liability cases.
Andy returned to Reminger after working as a trial attorney for a large property and casualty insurance company for seven years, where he focused on matters involving medical and health care professionals, medical device manufacturers and healthcare entities.
He frequently lectures on the topic of medical malpractice and long-term care liability issues to healthcare professionals, and also serves as a guest lecturer on tort law at Duquesne University School of Law.
Community & Professional
Akron Bar Association
-Member, Committee on Judicial Candidates
- Press Release, Feb 8, 2019
- Staying out of the Line of Fire in Healthcare MalpracticeKent, OH, Aug 21, 2019
- Annual Guest Lecture on the Defense perspective of Civil PracticePittsburgh, PA, 2018
- CNA Aging Services Claims Report: A Look Behind the NumbersCleveland, OH, Sep 22, 2016
- The Judge Sam H. Bell Trial Advocacy Program: Theoretical Foundations of Effective CommunicationAkron, OH, Oct 30, 2014
- CNA Risk Control Presentation: Legionnaires’ Disease: Preventive Strategies for Healthcare SettingsColumbus, OH, Sep 5, 2013
- May 20, 2021
- Apr 8, 2021
- Jan 20, 2021
- Ohio’s 11th District Court of Appeals Clarifies the Requirements to Lawfully Terminating a Teacher’s ContractApr 1, 2020
J.D., University of Akron School of Law, 1998
B.A., University of Akron, 1995
- State of Ohio, 1998
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2000