Alex serves as the Managing Partner of Reminger's Evansville office, where he focuses on defense litigation matters involving general liability, worker's compensation, governmental/public entity liability, insurance/bad faith liability, premises liability, and probate. Alex has a wide array of experience in all aspects of litigation, including the prosecution and defense of claims relating to estate administration, guardianships, will contests, and breaches of fiduciary duties. Prior to joining Reminger, Alex practiced general civil litigation, criminal defense, and appeals. Alex was also a felony public defender. He has tried multiple first chair jury trials. Having been involved in more than 20 appeals, he has also argued before both the Indiana and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Alex graduated from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2013. Prior to law school, he received his Bachelor of Science from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, where he graduated summa cum laude.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Insurance Law, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Recognized as a Rising Star by Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Secretary of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee of the Indiana State Bar Association
- Mar 1, 2022, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedIndiana Southern District
Defense of correctional food service provider on claims that they violated the First and Eighth Amendment Rights by placing a substantial burden on inmate's religious practice by refusing to give him a vegan diet and created unconstitutional conditions of confinement by serving him an inadequately nutritious diet.
- Oct 20, 2021, Affirmed on AppealSeventh Circuit Court of Appeals
After obtaining summary judgment that a nurse was not deliberately indifferent to a prisoner’s serious medical needs for violating hospital policy regarding discharge after surgery, the judgement was affirmed on appeal.
- Sep 15, 2021, Summary Judgment GrantedIndiana Southern District
Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of jail doctor who was alleged to have been deliberately indifferent to an inmates serious medical needs by refusing to prescribe him a specific type of nerve medication as well as a desired pain medication.
- Sep 2, 2021, Summary Judgment GrantedIndiana Southern District
Successfully obtained summary judgment for contractor of federal prison where she was alleged to have refused emergency care to an inmate based on lack of cause of action under Bivens or otherwise to assert the same.
- Aug 30, 2021, Affirmed on Appeal after Oral ArgumentSeventh Circuit Court of Appeals
After obtaining dismissal of negligent claims against an insurance agent/broker of disability insurance based contributory negligence pursuant to choice of law and statute of limitations, the judgment was affirmed on appeal after oral argument.
- Jun 3, 2021, Partial Summary Judgment GrantedMarion Superior Court
Successfully obtained partial summary judgment on “no pay, no play” statute establishing that the plaintiff is only entitled to economic damages arising out of a motor vehicle accident.
- Oct 13, 2020, Summary Judgment GrantedMarion Superior Court
Successfully obtained summary judgment for life insurance agency for failing to procure and maintain life insurance for the plaintiff’s deceased husband based on the expiration of the statute of limitations.
- Sep 30, 2020, Order Granting Plaintiff’s Motions for Leave to File Surreply, Granting Defendants’ Motion for Summary Judgment, and Directing Entry of JudgmentU.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of nurse who was alleged to have been deliberately indifferent to a prisoner’s serious medical needs for violating hospital policy regarding discharge after surgery.
- Apr 29, 2020, Reversal on AppealIndiana Court of Appeals
Obtained reversal of trial court’s order denying a motion for leave to file a belated motion to correct error after the intended movant was never given notice of the final dissolution decree. This case was done pro bono.
- Feb 4, 2020, DismissalMarion County Superior Court, Indianapolis, IN
Defense of claim alleging negligence to properly maintain sidewalks and warn plaintiff of a dangerous condition.
- Feb 2, 2020, Affirmed on Appeal after Oral ArgumentIndiana Southern District/Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
After obtaining summary judgment on the issue of duty regarding a delivery truck driver for a contractor who alleged the insured negligently packed the cart to be delivered to its store, the judgment was unanimously affirmed on appeal after oral argument.
- Oct 2, 2019, Negative Award Affirmed on Appeal after Oral ArgumentFull Worker's Compensation Board of Indiana
Injured worker appealed negative award that she take nothing away from her application for benefits on the basis that her injuries did not arise out of or were incurred within the course of employment to the 7 members of the Indiana Worker’s Compensation Board.
- Sep 27, 2019, Motion for Summary Judgment Granted and Plaintiff’s Amended Complaint was DismissedUnited States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of urologist for who was allegedly deliberately indifferent to a prisoner’s serious medical needs in treating kidney stones on the basis that he was not a state actor acting under the color of law to be liable under Section 1983.
- Jul 16, 2019, Summary Judgment GrantedIndiana Southern District
Obtained summary judgment on the issue of duty owed by the insured to a delivery truck driver who alleged the carts he was ordered to deliver were negligently packed.
- Jun 14, 2019, Summary Judgment GrantedShelby Superior Court
Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurance brokerage firm facing claims that they failed to procure, advise, and were otherwise negligent regarding a stop-loss insurance and laser policy for a governmental entity.
- Apr 4, 2019, Partial Summary Judgment GrantedDubois Circuit Court
Successfully obtained partial summary judgment on a claim for bailment that a truck servicing center should be liable for tools and equipment that were stolen out of a locked truck on which they had just completed warranty servicing.
- Jun 17, 2022
- Feb 24, 2022
- Jan 5, 2022
- Aug 19, 2021
- Press Release, Jan 31, 2019
- Press Release, Sep 11, 2018
- Apr 21, 2022
- Oct 21, 2021
- Apr 22, 2021
- Webinar, Nov 4, 2020
- Webinar, Jul 28, 2020
- Effective Investigations and StrategiesPonte Vedra Beach, FL, Feb 27, 2020
- Appropriate Considerations and Strategy When Denying Workers' Compensation ClaimsWebinar, Jun 17, 2019
- DRI For the Defense, Feb 19, 2021
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Newsletter, April 2020, Apr 3, 2020
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Client Newsletter, Apr 3, 2020
- Workers' Compensation Client E-Blast, Mar 12, 2020
- May 16, 2022
- Revise Your Arbitration Agreements Now To Ensure Disputes Are Subject to the Indiana Medical Malpractice ActSep 17, 2020
- Mar 30, 2020
- Jun 18, 2019
J.D., Robert H. McKinney School of Law Indiana University — Indianapolis, 2013
B.S., Ball State University, summa cum laude, 2009
- State of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2016