Alex practices in Reminger Co., LPA's Indianapolis office, where he focuses on defense litigation matters involving general liability, worker's compensation, governmental/public entity liability, insurance/bad faith liability, premises liability, trucking and transportation, and probate. Alex has a wide array of experience in all aspects of litigation, including the prosecution and defense of claims relating to estate administration, guardianships, will contests, and breaches of fiduciary duties. Prior to joining Reminger, Alex practiced general civil litigation, criminal defense, and appeals. Alex was also a felony public defender. He has tried multiple first chair jury trials. Having been involved in more than 20 appeals, he has also argued before both the Indiana and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Alex graduated from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2013. Prior to law school, he received his Bachelor of Science from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, where he graduated summa cum laude.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Indiana Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Secretary of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee of the Indiana State Bar Association
- Feb 4, 2020, DismissalMarion County Superior Court, Indianapolis, IN
Defense of claim alleging negligence to properly maintain sidewalks and warn plaintiff of a dangerous condition.
- Feb 2, 2020, Affirmed on Appeal after Oral ArgumentIndiana Southern District/Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Obtained summary judgment on the issue of duty regarding an delivery truck driver for a contractor alleged Dollar General was negligent in packing delivery carts bound for Dollar General stores. Judgment was unanimously affirmed on appeal after oral argument.
- Oct 2, 2019, After oral argument, the negative award was affirmed.Full Worker's Compensation Board of Indiana
Injured worker appealed negative award that she take nothing away from her application for benefits on the basis that her injuries did not arise out of or were incurred within the course of employment to the 7 members of the Indiana Worker’s Compensation Board.
- Jun 14, 2019, Summary JudgmentShelby County, IN
Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurance brokerage firm facing claims that they failed to procure, advise, and were otherwise negligent regarding a stop-loss insurance and laser policy for a governmental entity.
- Apr 4, 2019, Partial Summary Judgment GrantedDubois Circuit Court
Successfully obtained partial summary judgment on a claim for bailment that a truck servicing center should be liable for tools and equipment that were stolen out of a locked truck on which they had just completed warranty servicing.
- Press Release, Jan 31, 2019
- Press Release, Sep 11, 2018
- Effective Investigations and StrategiesPonte Vedra Beach, FL, Feb 27, 2020
- Appropriate Considerations and Strategy When Denying Workers' Compensation ClaimsWebinar, Jun 17, 2019
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Newsletter, April 2020, Apr 3, 2020
- Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Client Newsletter, Apr 3, 2020
- Workers' Compensation Client E-Blast, Mar 12, 2020
J.D., Robert H. McKinney School of Law Indiana University — Indianapolis, 2013
B.S., Ball State University, summa cum laude, 2009
- State of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2016