In recent years, the United States has been flooded with headlines reporting ballot measures and state legislative actions to legalize medical and adult use cannabis. Over 30 states have legalized the use of marijuana, either medically or recreationally. The Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 legalized hemp cultivation for licensed growers. With competing and everchanging legislation at statewide and federal levels, cannabis and hemp businesses must navigate through a wide variety of complex legal issues.
Reminger’s team of multidisciplinary attorneys are uniquely equipped to guide cannabis and hemp businesses through the unique issues of this emerging industry, including:
- Product safety and liability, including flavor and fragrance matters
- Labor and employment matters
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Business liability and trade disputes
- Premises liability
Additionally, we provide proactive counsel to marijuana and hemp cultivators, dispensers, and suppliers to advance their business operations, enhance their profitability, and minimize risk.
- May 18, 2022
- Claims and Litigation Management Annual Conference 2022, Mar 24, 2022
- Cannabis Business Times, Jun 24, 2022
- 100 Seconds to Midnight? Are the cannabis and hemp vaping industries poised on the precipice of a catastrophe?Cannabis Business Times, May 1, 2022
- Hemp Grower, Mar 28, 2022
- Smoke on the Horizon? Potential Litigation Risks Associated with Artificial Flavors in the Kentucky CBD and Delta-8 THC IndustriesCommon Defense, Dec 2021