For over thirty years, Bill has been dedicated to the defense of hospitals, physicians, nurses and virtually every other category of health care provider. Throughout his career he has successfully defended hundreds of lawsuits, mostly involving claims of medical malpractice and hospital liability.
Bill is a frequent speaker on issues of Medical Malpractice and Risk Management. He also serves as Co-Chairperson of the Reminger Medical Malpractice Group and is a member of the firm's Executive Group.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine, including special recognition as Top 50 Cleveland and Top 100 Ohio
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants and Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants, since 2007
Selected as Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants - Cleveland (2021, 2016, 2013)
Selected as Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants - Cleveland (2015)
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Honored as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
Honored as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Attorneys
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
-Medical Malpractice Section
Medina Bar Association
- Aug 2023, Defense Verdict
Defended a spine surgeon who allegedly caused brain injury by failing to diagnose a dural tear.
- Jun 2023, Defense Verdict
Defended a medical malpractice case in which plaintiffs claimed paralysis was caused by a negligently performed spine surgery.
- Sep 2022, Defense Verdict
Defended ER physician who was alleged to have negligently failed to diagnose an aortic dissection.
- Apr 11, 2019Cuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death claim involving interventional pulmonologist.
- Jan 25, 2019Cuyahoga
Defense of obstetric medical malpractice claim alleging severe neurologic birth injury
- Dec 21, 2018Cuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging damages including lost future wages
- Sep 10, 2018Cuyahoga
Defense of emergency room wrongful death claim involving drug overdose
- Aug 14, 2018, Judgment ReversedOhio Supreme Court
P. Portee v. Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Defendants appealed adverse Court of Appeal decision reversing summary judgment based on statute of limitations.
- Jun 9, 2017Cuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death delayed cancer diagnosis claim
- May 15, 2017Summit
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging severe neurologic deficit resulting from negligence in neonatal intensive care unit.
- Jan 18, 2017Cuyahoga
Defendant dismissed after commencement of trial
- Feb 25, 2015Cuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death emergency room medical malpractice claim
- Jan 30, 2015Trumbull
Defense of catastrophic surgical medical malpractice claim.
- Jul 2, 2014Cuyahoga
Defense of surgical
medical malpractice claim
- Mar 12, 2014Lake
Defense of medical malpractice catastrophic birth injury claim
- Feb 3, 2014Stark
Defense of interventional cardiologist wrongful death medical malpractice case.
- Dec 2, 2013Summit
Defense of wrongful death anesthesia medical malpractice claim
- Nov 30, 20125th Appellate Dist
Waikem v. Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment upholding defense of statute of repose in medical malpractice claim
- Jun 30, 2010Lucas
Defense fo wrongful death medical malpractice claim involving emergency medicine.
- Jun 2010Medina
Defense of medical negligence claim against radiologist, alleging neuropathies as a result of alleged delay in cancer diagnosis.
- May 4, 2010, Judgment ReversedOhio Supreme Court
Jaques v. Manton 125 Ohio St. 3d 342, 2010-Ohio-1838
We appeal trial court and Court of Appeals’ preclusion of evidence of Plaintiff’s medical bills portion of “write-off”.
- Feb 11, 2009Cuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death general surgical
- Jan 7, 2009Cuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- Dec 11, 2008Medina
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice case.
- Jul 14, 2008Cuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim.
- Oct 12, 2007Medina
Defense of medical malpractice wrongful death claim.
- Sep 27, 2007Cuyahoga
Defense of neurological surgical medical malpractice case.
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Dec 30, 2021
- Aug 19, 2021
- Press Release, Dec 8, 2020
- Press Release, Aug 21, 2020
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, Mar 8, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2018
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2017
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Two Reminger Co., LPA Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" for Medical Malpractice Law - DefendantsPress Release, Aug 20, 2015
- Press Release, Aug 17, 2015
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2014
- Four Reminger Co., LPA Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2015 "Lawyer of the Year" in Various Practice AreasPress Release, Aug 18, 2014
- Press Release, Aug 18, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2013
- Aug 16, 2013
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Sep 14, 2012
- Press Release, Aug 24, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Press Release, Aug 31, 2011
- Sep 20, 2023
- Clinical Risk Concerns in Medical MalpracticeCleveland Clinic Physician Group/The Doctors Company, Cleveland, OH, Mar 15, 2016
- Handling the stress of a medical malpractice lawsuit and trialDoctors Company Educational Program - Cleveland, OH, Oct 5, 2013
- Nuts & Bolds of a Medical Malpractice Suit and Current Medical-Legal Environment in OhioCleveland Clinic Foundation Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiac Anesthesia Departments - Cleveland, OH, Apr 6, 2012
- Civil Rule 10d and Evidence Rule 803(18), Cleveland Clinic Defense Counsel SeminarFeb 9, 2008
- Nov 15, 2018
- Court of Appeals Holds a Wrongful Death Claim Arising from Medical Care is Subject to Statute of Repose for Medical ClaimsJun 29, 2018
- Mar 16, 2016
J.D., University of Akron, 1986
Managing Editor, Akron Law Review, 1985 1986
B.S., Bowling Green State University, 1983
- State of Ohio, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1988