Rick is a shareholder with Reminger Co. L.P.A. Rick has concentrated his legal practice in the areas of legal malpractice and medical malpractice, and he has completed over 50 jury trials. His ‘first-chair’ trial experience and rate of success sets him apart in the legal community.
Rick also has significant practices in Indiana and Kentucky. Rick joined the firm with years of experience as a Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Rick utilizes the skills and tactics he learned as a Special Agent to fully investigate and defend his clients’ interests in all aspects of litigation.
As a result of his dedication to his clients and his courtroom skill, Rick has received a number of significant honors specific to his prowess as an attorney.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Best Lawyer 2021, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Cincinnati
Recognized as a Best Lawyer 2021, Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, Cincinnati
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
AV Preeminent Rating - the "Highest Possible Rating in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards" 2011-2020
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
- Defense verdict in a medical malpractice case in the Hamilton County Common Pleas Court, stemming from multiple spine surgeries performed on Plaintiff.Mar 13, 2020, Defense VerdictHamilton County Common Pleas Court
- Jan 23, 2020, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of orthopedic medical malpractice claim
- Sep 13, 2019, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of orthopedic medical malpractice claim.
- Sep 5, 2019, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging unnecessary spinal fusion and decompression.
- Jul 27, 2017, Judgment on CounterclaimPreble
Defense of property damage subrogation trial
- Oct 28, 2016, Defense VerdictHamilton Cty., IN
Defense of gastroenterologist medical malpractice claim
- Oct 9, 2015, Defense VerdictMarion
Defense of surgical gastroenterology medical malpractice claim
- Jul 31, 2015, Defense VerdictDeerborn, IN
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice claim
- Nov 19, 2013, Defense VerdictU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Defense of 1983 civil rights claims in using excessive force, illegal seizure and malicious prosecution.
- Aug 23, 2013, Judgment Affirmed1st Appellate Dist
Louis Manchise vs. Steven Ionnia, M.D., et al
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice claim
- Dec 6, 2012, Motion For Summary JudgmentAdams
Defense of legal malpractice claim
- Nov 23, 2012, Reversed1st Appellate Dist
Daniel Siegel, et al. v. Life Center Organ Donor Network, et al.,
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment on claim for unauthorized removal of organ under Uniform Anatomical Gift Act.
- Jun 1, 2012, Motion For Summary JudgmentU.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Sec 1983 Civil Rights case involving allegations of excessive force, wrongful arrest, and malicious prosecution.
- May 18, 2012, Not Guilty VerdictHamilton
Defense of DUI Claim
- Feb 3, 2011, Defense VerdictClark
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice
- Jan 19, 2011, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of catastrophic personal injury premises liability claim
- Nov 11, 2010, Defense VerdictBrown
Defense of legal malpractice claims based on alleged malfeasance in guardianship administration
- Jul 30, 2010, Favorable OutcomeHamilton
Defense of voluntary and involuntary manslaughter charge arising from assault and battery bar fight
- Feb 12, 2010, Reversed and Remanded6th Appellate Dist
Tausch v. Riverview Health Institute, LLC
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in medical malpractice claim by virtue of tolling of the statute of limitations.
- Nov 18, 2009, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of products liability personal injury.
- Sep 11, 2009, Plaintiff VerdictButler County
Defense of auto liability property damage personal injury claim
- May 12, 2009, AcquittalHamilton
Defense of driving under the influence charge
- Apr 24, 2008, Verdict for the plaintiffMontgomery
Defense of admitted trucking liability personal injury claim.
- Mar 20, 2008, Plaintiff VerdictHamilton
Defense of admitted trucking liability personal injury claim (AIG)
- Press Release, Aug 20, 2020
- Press Release, Feb 2, 2015
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- The Practical Aspects of Choosing and Retaining Medical Experts in Medical Malpractice LitigationMedical Protective Indiana Insureds Physicians - Fort Wayne, IN, Dec 6, 2012
- Medical Malpractice in IndianaCNA HealthPro Division - Chicago, IL, Oct 26, 2012
- Eye Bank and Employee are Immune from Liability under Uniform Anatomical Gift ActPublished case:Daniel Siegel, et al. v. Life Center Organ Donor Network, et al., 2011-Ohio-6032, Jul 23, 2012
- Attorney for Purchaser & Assignee was Immune from Liability to Vendor’s Tortious Interference w/Contract Claim brought based upon real estate purchase agreementIreton v. J.T.D. Realty Investments, LLC 162 Ohio Misc. 2d 1, 2010-Ohio-6692, May 2, 2011
- When Limitation Period Applicable To Physician Is Tolled, Such Tolling Also Applies To Claim Against The Hospital Based On Vicarious LiabilityPublished Case: Tausch v. Riverview Health Institute, LLC, 187 Ohio St. 3d, 173, 2010-Ohio-509, Sep 30, 2010
- "Discovery Rule" did not toll statute of limitations for claim arising out of work place chemical exposurePublished case Doane, et al. v. Givaudan Flavors Corp., et al. 184 Ohio App. 3d 26, 2009-Ohio-4989, Jan 18, 2010
- Revise Your Arbitration Agreements Now To Ensure Disputes Are Subject to the Indiana Medical Malpractice ActSep 17, 2020
- Eighth District Court of Appeals Limits Future Medical Damages Against Political Subdivisions Based on the Affordable Care ActAug 9, 2016
- Indiana Court of Appeals Outlines Another Exception to the Medical Malpractice Act’s Two Year, Occurrence-Based Statute of LimitationsJul 25, 2016
- Recent Ohio Courts of Appeals’ Decisions Call Into Question the Enforceability of Arbitration Agreements Executed Without Actual AuthorityOct 27, 2015