Katie is an associate in the Indianapolis office of Reminger Co., LPA. Prior to joining Reminger, Katie was fortunate to serve as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Patricia A. Riley on the Indiana Court of Appeals. During her tenure with the appellate court, Katie worked on more than 200 cases, delving into a wide array of Indiana law.
In 2013, Katie graduated summa cum laude from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where she served as Executive Managing Editor of the Indiana Law Review and participated in the law school’s pro bono program.
Community & Professional
Indianapolis Bar Association
Indiana University Alumni Association
Member (and avid patron) of the Indianapolis Zoo and Indianapolis Children’s Museum
- Oct 2020, Summary Judgment GrantedU.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Plaintiff alleged that he sustained injury after he slipped and fell in a bathtub.
- Aug 2020, Directed verdict for the defendantsMarion County, IN
Plaintiff alleged that she sustained water damage to her basement as a result of construction (storm drainage) work performed in the neighborhood by construction company.
- Mar 17, 2020, Judgment AffirmedIndiana Court of Appeals
Defense of a nursing home when plaintiff appealed adverse trial court order enforcing arbitration.
- Feb 27, 2020, Summary Judgment GrantedVigo County Superior Court
Plaintiff alleged negligence against our client after she fell on a gravel sidewalk.
- Aug 8, 2019, Denial of Petition to TransferIndiana Supreme Court
Marigold Overshiner and Earl Overshiner, Individually and as Parents and Guardians of their Minor Daughter, Kaitlyn Overshiner, and Kaitlyn Overshiner, v. Hendricks Regional Health and Ian Johnston, M.D
Indiana Supreme Court denied transfer upholding the decision by the Court of Appeals affirming a directed verdict in favor of defendant hospital and physician following a jury trial alleging blindness to an infant.
- May 30, 2019, Summary Judgment GrantedHamilton County Superior Court
Plaintiff alleged negligence against the operator of an exercise facility.
- Apr 15, 2019, Motion to Dismiss GrantedJohnson County Superior Court
Plaintiff alleged negligence against a warehousing entity for whom he was performing work on a forklift. Plaintiff was precluded from bringing a claim against the Defendant because it constituted a “joint employer” under Indiana’s Worker’s Compensation Law; thus, Plaintiff’s remedy was limited to worker’s compensation benefits through his staffing agency employer.
- Mar 13, 2019, Summary Judgment GrantedMarion County Superior Court, Indianapolis, IN
Plaintiff alleged negligence against our client on the theory of respondeat superior.
- Feb 21, 2019, Directed Verdict AffirmedIndiana Court of Appeals
Marigold Overshiner and Earl Overshiner, Individually and as Parents and Guardians of their Minor Daughter, Kaitlyn Overshiner, and Kaitlyn Overshiner, v. Hendricks Regional Health and Ian Johnston, M.D.
Indiana Court of Appeals affirmed judgment in favor of the defendant hospital and physician following a jury trial alleging blindness to an infant.
- Press Release, May 3, 2018
- Mar 16, 2020
- Ohio Supreme Court Determines That Personal Injury Lawyers Cannot Sue Tortfeasor’s Insurer to Recover FeesJan 27, 2020
- Nov 6, 2019
- Jun 18, 2019
- Mar 25, 2019
- When Does an Age Discrimination Claim Begin to Age? Eighth District Clarifies Statute of Limitations Analysis for Ohio Age Discrimination ClaimsFeb 18, 2019
- Jan 9, 2019
- Aug 13, 2018
- 2013-2018: Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Patricia A. Riley on the Indiana Court of Appeals
- Spring 2013: Judicial Extern to the Honorable Tanya Walton-Pratt for the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2013
Summa Cum Laude
Indiana Law Review, Executive Managing Editor
B.A. in Human Biology, Indiana University, 2010
- State of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2018