J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, cum laude, 2011
B.A., John Carroll University, 2008
- State of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2017
I am a life-long Clevelander with great pride for Northeast Ohio and the people that make it my home. I am proud to defend the medical professionals and care providers that make this area one of the nation’s leaders in healthcare.
Joseph is a shareholder in Reminger’s Cleveland office. His practice is focused on defending medical care professionals involved in medical malpractice, long-term care and healthcare law claims. Joseph has experience in all aspects of the litigation process. He has successfully defended physicians and hospitals in multiple jury trials. Joe has assisted physicians, nurses, and mental health care providers through various Board investigations. In addition, he has experience successfully defending premises liability actions brought against business owners, obtaining summary judgment on several occasions.
He is also one of the shareholders responsible for the Reminger law clerk program.
Honors & Recognitions
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Obtained jury trial defense verdict in a medical malpractice wrongful death claim on behalf of a hospital and interventional pulmonologist.
Obtained a jury trial defense verdict in a medical malpractice action alleging missed diagnosis of a stroke.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a psychiatrist for a claim of wrongful imprisonment.
Obtained summary judgment in premises liability claims on behalf of several businesses.
- Shawn Oney, et al. v. J. L. Misslers, Inc et al.July 26, 2019, Motion For Summary JudgmentSandusky
Defense of premises liability claim.
- Morehouse v. Cleveland Clinic FoundationApril 11, 2019, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death claim involving interventional pulmonologist.
- Plaintiff v. HospitalDecember 21, 2018, Trial ended after 4 days of trialCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging damages including lost future wages
- Scott E. Buck, et al. v. Akron General Medical Center, et al.July 22, 2018, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of medical malpractice in alleged missed diagnosis of stroke
- E/O Robert Turner v. Wal-Mart Stores East, Inc.September 2, 2016, Motion For Summary JudgmentSandusky
Defense of premises liability claim
- Jane Doe v. St. Vincent Charity Medical Center, et al.April 11, 2016, Motion For Summary JudgmentCuyahoga
Defense of involuntary imprisonment claim against hospital and psychiatrist
- R.Ress, et al., v. D. Karns, M.D., et alMay 15, 2015, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of surgical medical malpractice claim
- T. Ennis v. T. Hunt, D.O.April 21, 2015, Defense VerdictAshtabula
Defense of medical malpractice of internal medicine treatment for COPD.
- H. Honsaker v. D. Molinari, M.D.November 21, 2014, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice emergency room medicine claim
- F. France v. K. Krebs, M.D.April 18, 2014, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of orthopedic knee replacement surgery malpractice claim
- E/O R. Palicka v. S. Hersh, M.D.February 3, 2014, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of interventional cardiologist wrongful death medical malpractice case.
- D. Mahne v. Precision OrthopedicDecember 18, 2012, Defense VerdictGeauga
Defense of orthopedic medical malpractice claim
- Press Release, November 27, 2019
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, January 3, 2017
- Public Relations, March 2, 2012
- Leadership Checkpoint: Analyzing Your Team CommunicationNorthern Ohio Medical Society – The Doctors Co., Sandusky, OH, September 13, 2016
- Cleveland Clinic Grace Hospital Nursing Home, March 27, 2014
- Proper Documentation in the Nursing Home SettingCleveland Clinic Grace Hospital Nursing Home, March 25, 2014
- Case Examples, Investigation Tips, Resolution Strategies, Common Mistakes and Legal Pointers in Medicare and other LiensNational Business Institute CLE Seminar - Cleveland, OH, September 26, 2013