J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, cum laude, 2011
B.A., John Carroll University, 2008
- State of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2017
I am a life-long Clevelander with great pride for Northeast Ohio and the people that make it my home. I am proud to defend the medical professionals and care providers that make this area one of the nation’s leaders in healthcare.
Joseph is a shareholder in Reminger Co. LPA's Cleveland office. His practice is focused on defending medical care professionals involved in medical malpractice, long-term care and healthcare law claims. Joseph has experience defending all aspects of litigation and has successfully defended his clients during Ohio State Medical Board investigations, arbitrations, and multiple jury trials. He has obtained favorable results at mediation and through summary judgment motions.
He graduated cum laude from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2011, where he competed as a member of Cleveland-Marshall's Appellate Moot Court Team. As an attorney, he has given presentations on a wide range of topics concerning medical malpractice and healthcare law.
Joseph is currently a member of CACTA and serves on the Board for The Waiting Child Fund. At Reminger, he is one of the shareholders in charge of the law clerk program.
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Morehouse v. Cleveland Clinic FoundationApril 11, 2019, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death claim involving interventional pulmonologist.
- Plaintiff v. HospitalDecember 21, 2018, Trial ended after 4 days of trialCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging damages including lost future wages
- Scott E. Buck, et al. v. Akron General Medical Center, et al.July 22, 2018, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of medical malpractice in alleged missed diagnosis of stroke
- E/O Robert Turner v. Wal-Mart Stores East, Inc.September 2, 2016, Motion For Summary JudgmentSandusky
Defense of premises liability claim
- Jane Doe v. St. Vincent Charity Medical Center, et al.April 11, 2016, Motion For Summary JudgmentCuyahoga
Defense of involuntary imprisonment claim against hospital and psychiatrist
- R.Ress, et al., v. D. Karns, M.D., et alMay 15, 2015, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of surgical medical malpractice claim
- T. Ennis v. T. Hunt, D.O.April 21, 2015, Defense VerdictAshtabula
Defense of medical malpractice of internal medicine treatment for COPD.
- H. Honsaker v. D. Molinari, M.D.November 21, 2014, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice emergency room medicine claim
- F. France v. K. Krebs, M.D.April 18, 2014, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of orthopedic knee replacement surgery malpractice claim
- E/O R. Palicka v. S. Hersh, M.D.February 3, 2014, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of interventional cardiologist wrongful death medical malpractice case.
- D. Mahne v. Precision OrthopedicDecember 18, 2012, Defense VerdictGeauga
Defense of orthopedic medical malpractice claim
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, January 3, 2017
- Public Relations, March 2, 2012
- Leadership Checkpoint: Analyzing Your Team CommunicationNorthern Ohio Medical Society – The Doctors Co., Sandusky, OH, September 13, 2016
- Cleveland Clinic Grace Hospital Nursing Home, March 27, 2014
- Proper Documentation in the Nursing Home SettingCleveland Clinic Grace Hospital Nursing Home, March 25, 2014
- Case Examples, Investigation Tips, Resolution Strategies, Common Mistakes and Legal Pointers in Medicare and other LiensNational Business Institute CLE Seminar - Cleveland, OH, September 26, 2013