Joseph is a shareholder in Reminger’s Cleveland office. His practice is focused on defending medical care professionals involved in medical malpractice, long-term care and healthcare law claims. Joseph has experience in all aspects of the litigation process. He has successfully defended physicians and hospitals in multiple jury trials. Joe has assisted physicians, nurses, and mental health care providers through various Board investigations. In addition, he has experience successfully defending premises liability actions brought against business owners, obtaining summary judgment on several occasions.
He is also one of the shareholders responsible for the Reminger law clerk program.
Obtained jury trial defense verdict in a medical malpractice wrongful death claim on behalf of a hospital and interventional pulmonologist.
Obtained a jury trial defense verdict in a medical malpractice action alleging missed diagnosis of a stroke.
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a psychiatrist for a claim of wrongful imprisonment.
Obtained summary judgment in premises liability claims on behalf of several businesses.
Honors & RecognitionsRecognized as a "Rising Star" by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Jul 26, 2019, Motion For Summary JudgmentSandusky
Defense of premises liability claim.
- Apr 11, 2019, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death claim involving interventional pulmonologist.
- Dec 21, 2018, Trial ended after 4 days of trialCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging damages including lost future wages
- Jul 22, 2018, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of medical malpractice in alleged missed diagnosis of stroke
- Sep 2, 2016, Motion For Summary JudgmentSandusky
Defense of premises liability claim
- Apr 11, 2016, Motion For Summary JudgmentCuyahoga
Defense of involuntary imprisonment claim against hospital and psychiatrist
- R.Ress, et al., v. D. Karns, M.D., et alMay 15, 2015, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of surgical medical malpractice claim
- Apr 21, 2015, Defense VerdictAshtabula
Defense of medical malpractice of internal medicine treatment for COPD.
- Nov 2014, Defense VerdictCuyahoga County Court, Ohio
Defense of pediatric emergency medicine physician for claims of malpractice arising out of failure to timely diagnose and appropriately treat Stevens Johnson Syndrome.
- Apr 18, 2014, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of orthopedic knee replacement surgery malpractice claim
- Feb 3, 2014, Defense VerdictStark
Defense of interventional cardiologist wrongful death medical malpractice case.
- Dec 18, 2012, Defense VerdictGeauga
Defense of orthopedic medical malpractice claim
- Press Release, Dec 8, 2020
- Press Release, Nov 27, 2019
- Press Release, Dec 6, 2017
- Press Release, Jan 3, 2017
- Public Relations, Mar 2, 2012
- Leadership Checkpoint: Analyzing Your Team CommunicationSandusky, OH, Sep 13, 2016
- Cleveland Clinic Grace Hospital Nursing Home, Mar 27, 2014
- Proper Documentation in the Nursing Home SettingCleveland Clinic Grace Hospital Nursing Home, Mar 25, 2014
- Case Examples, Investigation Tips, Resolution Strategies, Common Mistakes and Legal Pointers in Medicare and other LiensNational Business Institute CLE Seminar - Cleveland, OH, Sep 26, 2013
J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, cum laude, 2011
B.A., John Carroll University, 2008
- State of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2017