Brian concentrates his practice in the areas of medical malpractice, long term care, and health care law. For over fifteen years, Brian has served the legal needs of individual healthcare providers, practice groups, outpatient centers, hospitals, and multi-facility health systems.
Brian has extensive experience handling all aspects of medical malpractice and long term care litigation, up through and including trial. Additionally, Brian routinely represents clients in administrative and regulatory investigations and hearings, including in front of the Ohio State Medical and Nursing boards. Brian is also experienced in medically-based Section 1983 civil rights claims.
Brian also chairs Reminger’s Healthcare Law Practice Group. He has lectured on various topics relating to medical malpractice and healthcare law.
Received defense verdict for a physician in an alleged failure to diagnose an aortic dissection.
Received defense verdict for a physician in an alleged over dosing of prescription medication.
Received defense verdict for oral surgeon in an alleged inappropriate maxillofacial surgery.
Honors & Recognitions
Named to 2019 Irish Legal 100
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Irish American Law Society of Cleveland
(Executive Committee and Founding Member)
- Oct 23, 2019, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim in failing to timely diagnose an aortic dissection
- Mar 18, 2019, Motion for Judgment on the PleadingsU.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Granting motion for judgment on the pleadings filed on behalf of county jail medical care provider because deliberate indifference claims brought under 42 U.S.C. 1983 were time barred as a matter of law, and tolling/relation back doctrines did not apply to save Plaintiff's claims.
- Sep 10, 2018, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of emergency room wrongful death claim involving drug overdose
- Jun 9, 2017, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death delayed cancer diagnosis claim
- Jan 18, 2017, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defendant dismissed after commencement of trial
- Apr 21, 2015, Defense VerdictAshtabula
Defense of medical malpractice of internal medicine treatment for COPD.
- Feb 25, 2015, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death emergency room medical malpractice claim
- Jul 2, 2014, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of surgical
medical malpractice claim
- Dec 2, 2013, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of wrongful death anesthesia medical malpractice claim
- Mar 12, 2012, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice
- Oct 28, 2011, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of maxillofacial surgical malpractice case.
- May 23, 2011, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of insurance agent E&O claim
- Feb 11, 2009, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death general surgical
- Dec 11, 2008, Defense VerdictMedina
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice case. (ProAssurance)
- Jul 14, 2008, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim (AP Assurance)
- Apr 15, 2008, Defense VerdictLake
Defense of wrongful death in medical malpractice case (ProAssurance)
- Oct 12, 2007, Defense VerdictMedina
Defense of medical malpractice wrongful death claim.
- Sep 21, 2007, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration defense of trucking liability property damages claim.
- Attorney at Law Magazine - Ohio Edition, Nov 2019
- Press Release, Oct 25, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2016
- Press Release, Dec 2, 2015
- Press Release, Jan 15, 2015
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Ohio Supreme Court Rejects Attempt to Prosecute Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Without Expert TestimonyDec 8, 2011
- Physician Burn Out and Its Potential ComplicationsCleveland, OH, Jan 31, 2019
- Reducing the Risk of Patient Diagnostic ErrorsCleveland, OH, Feb 5, 2018
- Cleveland, OH, Mar 22, 2017
- What You Don’t Know about Being Cross Examined in a Medical Malpractice Case Will Hurt YouThe Doctors’ Company Medical Insureds, Beachwood, OH, Apr 7, 2016
- Controlling Risks in Medical PracticeCleveland Clinic Community Physicians Partnership, Cleveland, OH, Jan 27, 2015
- Nuts & Bolds of a Medical Malpractice Suit and Current Medical-Legal Environment in OhioCleveland Clinic Foundation Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiac Anesthesia Departments - Cleveland, OH, Apr 6, 2012
- Evolving Health Care Laws – What Every Practitioner Needs to Know - Cleveland Clinic Foundation Residents StaffCleveland, OH, May 19, 2011
- "Pathways to Practice"- Cleveland Marshall College of Law Student Group.Cleveland,OH, Mar 15, 2010
- Medical Malpractice Trends and Effects of Tort ReformDec 8, 2009
- Recent Issues Encountered with Robinson v. Bates, Cleveland Clinic Defense Counsel SeminarFeb 9, 2008
- The Collateral Source Rule and Robinson v. Bates, Cleveland Clinic Defense Counsel SeminarFeb 9, 2008
- Service of Process in International Jurisdictions, Cleveland Clinic International Medical ConferenceCleveland, Ohio, Feb 2, 2007
- Northern Ohio Physician Magazine, September/October 2015, Oct 1, 2015
- A case of 'medical informed consent' requires expert testimony of material risksPublished Case: White, et al. v. Leimbach 131 Ohio St.3d, 21, 2011-Ohio-6238, Feb 6, 2012
- In a Lack of Informed Consent Case, Expert Medical Testimony is Required to Establish Both the Risks and DangersDec 8, 2011
- Medical Malpractice: Summary of Ohio LawSep 9, 2009
- Apr 7, 2020
- Apr 1, 2020
- Jun 17, 2019
- Keeping the Gatekeeper at the Gate: Overcoming the 10th District’s Recent Decision that Could Remove the Teeth from Rule 10(D)(2)’s Affidavit of Merit RequirementNov 29, 2018
- Sep 13, 2017
- Challenges to the Constitutionality of Indiana’s Med Mal Caps Continue Despite a Recent Legislative CompromiseAug 17, 2016
- Eighth District Court of Appeals Limits Future Medical Damages Against Political Subdivisions Based on the Affordable Care ActAug 9, 2016
- Feb 11, 2015
- Ohio Appellate Court Refuses To Create Cause Of Action For The Inhumane Disposal Or Mishandling Of A Fetus Of Twenty Weeks Gestation Or LessMar 23, 2007