J.D., Northern Illinois University, College of Law
B.A., John Carroll University
- State of Ohio
- State of South Carolina,
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Nothern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
My job is to solve problems every day.
Robert is admitted to practice before the Courts of the State of Ohio, United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts, the State of South Carolina and the United States Supreme Court. He has also handled numerous matters throughout Ohio’s adjacent states. Robert has tried civil jury trials throughout the State of Ohio and has argued before the majority of the Ohio Appellate Courts.
Robert's practice focuses on the defense of corporations and individuals in professional liability, medical malpractice, commercial and casualty matters. He specializes in the defense of physicians and hospitals in catastrophic injury disputes.
Robert graduated from John Carroll University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Northern Illinois University, College of Law, where he was named to the Dean’s List. Robert joined the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office as an assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor. During Robert's tenure as prosecutor, he tried approximately 100 jury trials and was lead counsel on approximately 40-50 bench trials.
Honors & Recognitions
Former Cuyahoga County Prosecutor
Rated BV Distinguished® by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
City of Highland Heights Planning and Zoning Commission Member
- Chester Danforth v. Matthew C. Willett, M.D. & Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons, Inc.September 28, 2017, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of ophthalmologic malpractice claim involving loss of vision in left eye
- O. Beat v. K. Allen, M.D. & North Central Eye Associates, Inc.July 6, 2017, Defense VerdictHuron
Defense of ophthalmology retina surgical case resulting in loss of vision in one eye
- May 11, 2017, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment against landlord by tenant in personal injury claim on condition of the premises
- R. Rush, et al. v. Samaritan Emergency Physicians LLP, et al.May 20, 2015, Directed VerdictAshland
Defense of emergency medicine medical malpractice claim
- Estate of Emilie Van Nest v. Dr. Reddy and Reddy Cardiovascular AssociatesApril 23, 2015, Defense VerdictJefferson County
Defense of medical malpractice wrongful death action
- T. Metcalfe v. S. Fu, M.D.February 19, 2014, Summary Judgment GrantedSummit
Defense of medical malpractice cosmetic surgery claim
- Dept. of Health and Human Services v. D. Doe, M.D.September 17, 2013, No Action TakenCuyahoga
Defense of DHHS investigation of alleged HIPAA privacy violations.
- State Farm Mutual Ins. Co. v. CM SonnerJune 6, 2013, Finding For PlaintiffCuyahoga
Arbitration defense of property damages auto liability claim
- David Brown v. Institute of Human PerformanceMay 2, 2012, Favorable OutcomeHamilton
Defense of physical fitness products liability personal injury claim.
- Radway v. Retina Associates and Dr. MillerApril 9, 2012, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of ophthalmology medical malpractice claim
- Amir Jamal Tauwab et. al. v. Premier PropertiesMarch 8, 2012, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Plaintiffs appealed adverse trial court judgment in trespass and conversion action
- November 10, 2010, Reversed and Remanded5th Appellate Dist
Our client appealed adverse trial court judgment regarding default from a void judgment
- Barber v. BellanteJuly 28, 2010, Favorable OutcomeCuyahoga
Arbitration defense of assault and battery homeowners liability claim
- C. Creighton v. National Tire & Battery Co.July 2, 2010, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration - Defense of property damage product liability claim
- H. Talley v. Sam’s ClubApril 24, 2008, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration defense of property damage and Consumer Sales Act violations.
- Philadelphia Indemnity v. James Lloyd, et al.March 20, 2008, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration defense Third Party Complaint for auto and trucking liability property damage
- E/O Gustafson v. V. Goldman M.D.July 12, 2007, Defense VerdictAshtabula
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim of 41-year old female
- N. Morris v. R. SustaricMay 16, 2007, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Prosecution of plaintiff personal injury auto liability case.
- Addressing Privacy Issues and HIPAANorth Central Eye Associates - Norwalk, OH, June 7, 2013
- Legal Aspects of the Doctor/Patient Relationship, Ashland City Medical Soceity & Samaritan Medical StaffAshland, Ohio, November 11, 2008