Robert's practice focuses on the defense of corporations and individuals in professional liability, medical malpractice, commercial and casualty matters. He specializes in the defense of physicians and hospitals in catastrophic injury disputes.
Robert has tried civil jury trials throughout the State of Ohio and has argued before the majority of the Ohio Appellate Courts. With over 35 years of experience, Robert has tried approximately 200+ jury trials to verdict and was lead counsel on approximately 40-50 bench trials.
Robert is admitted to practice before the Courts of the State of Ohio, United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts, the State of South Carolina and the United States Supreme Court. He has also handled numerous matters throughout Ohio’s adjacent states.
Robert graduated from John Carroll University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Northern Illinois University, College of Law, where he was named to the Dean’s List.
Honors & Recognitions
Former Cuyahoga County Prosecutor
Rated BV Distinguished® by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
City of Highland Heights Planning and Zoning Commission Member
- Aug 22, 2019, Finding For DefendantCambridge
Defense of criminal trucking property damage case
- Sep 28, 2017, Defense VerdictSummit
Defense of ophthalmologic malpractice claim involving loss of vision in left eye
- Jul 6, 2017, Defense VerdictHuron
Defense of ophthalmology retina surgical case resulting in loss of vision in one eye
- May 11, 2017, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Terry Walker v. 24570 Lakeshore Property LLC & Greenwood Apts.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment against landlord by tenant in personal injury claim on condition of the premises
- R. Rush, et al. v. Samaritan Emergency Physicians LLP, et al.May 20, 2015, Directed VerdictAshland
Defense of emergency medicine medical malpractice claim
- Apr 23, 2015, Defense VerdictJefferson County
Defense of medical malpractice wrongful death action
- Feb 19, 2014, Summary Judgment GrantedSummit
Defense of medical malpractice cosmetic surgery claim
- Sep 17, 2013, No Action TakenCuyahoga
Defense of DHHS investigation of alleged HIPAA privacy violations.
- Jun 6, 2013, Finding For PlaintiffCuyahoga
Arbitration defense of property damages auto liability claim
- May 2, 2012, Favorable OutcomeHamilton
Defense of physical fitness products liability personal injury claim.
- Apr 9, 2012, Defense VerdictLorain
Defense of ophthalmology medical malpractice claim
- Mar 8, 2012, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Amir Jamal Tauwab et. al. v. Premier Properties
Plaintiffs appealed adverse trial court judgment in trespass and conversion action
- Nov 10, 2010, Reversed and Remanded5th Appellate Dist
Emery Conn, et al. v. I.G. Concrete Inc. and Maxum Indemnity Company
Client appealed adverse trial court judgment regarding default from a void judgment.
- Jul 28, 2010, Favorable OutcomeCuyahoga
Arbitration defense of assault and battery homeowners liability claim
- Jul 2, 2010, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration - Defense of property damage product liability claim
- Apr 24, 2008, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration defense of property damage and Consumer Sales Act violations.
- Mar 20, 2008, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Arbitration defense Third Party Complaint for auto and trucking liability property damage
- Jul 12, 2007, Defense VerdictAshtabula
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim of 41-year old female
- May 16, 2007, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Prosecution of plaintiff personal injury auto liability case.
- Addressing Privacy Issues and HIPAANorth Central Eye Associates - Norwalk, OH, Jun 7, 2013
- Legal Aspects of the Doctor/Patient Relationship, Ashland City Medical Soceity & Samaritan Medical StaffAshland, Ohio, Nov 11, 2008
J.D., Northern Illinois University, College of Law
B.A., John Carroll University
- State of Ohio
- State of South Carolina,
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Nothern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio