Since joining Reminger Co., L.P.A. in 2001, Erin's practice has concentrated on health care law, medical malpractice, physician and hospital liability, nursing home & extended care liability as well as general and premises liability. She has extensive trial experience, having tried more than 65 medical malpractice and long term care jury trials throughout Northeast Ohio.
Erin is a frequent lecturer to attorneys and healthcare practitioners regarding various topics including risk management issues for physician assistants, pediatricians, Emergency Room providers, skilled nursing, assisted living, and other facilities; as well as other health care individuals, medical malpractice litigation and trial tactics.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Rated AV® Preeminent™: Very Highly Rated in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
Community & Professional
Ohio State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Ohio Women's Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Lorain County Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
- Sep 6, 2017, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of emergency room medical care claim leading to wrongful death
- Aug 25, 2017, Defense verdict upheld8th Appellate Dist
Lynn Cordova, et al. v. Emergency Professional Services Inc., et al.
Defense verdict to emergency physician involving allegations of failure to diagnose and treat diverticulitis. The court of appeals upheld the jury verdict and trial court's refusal to excuse a physician for cause as a prospective juror, and indicated that that decision as it relates to excusing jurors for cause due to impartiality is reviewed under an abuse of discretion standard.
- Sep 6, 2016, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical negligence claim again emergency medicine physician allegedly resulting in catastrophic bowel injury
- May 12, 2016, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist. No. 103758
Estate of J. Kinaz v. Diplomat Healthcare, et al.
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in wrongful death medical malpractice case based on lack of expert testimony.
- Dec 2, 2015, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death of pediatric neurological claim
- Nov 21, 2014, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice emergency room medicine claim
- Aug 12, 2014, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of emergency
medicine medical malpractice claim
- Jul 23, 2013, Settled after two days of trialCuyahoga
Defense of catastrophic birth injury case
- May 25, 2012, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of emergency medicine wrongful death medical malpractice case
- Oct 14, 2011, Favorable OutcomeLorain
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim involving emergency room medicine
- Oct 21, 2010, Finding For DefendantCuyahoga
Defense of catastrophic emergency medicine medical malpractice
- May 21, 2010, Defense VerdictMedina
Defense of medical malpractice on claimed neuropathies arising from alleged delayed cancer diagnosis
- May 19, 2008, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice orthopedic surgery claim.
- Jan 19, 2008, Defense VerdictLake
Defense of catastrophic medical malpractice claim involving 52 year old stroke victim. (OHIC)
- Dec 7, 2007, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice emergency medicine claim.
- Sep 19, 2007, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim.
- Feb 15, 2007, Defense VerdictGeauga
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim.
- Jan 25, 2007, Directed VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of medical malpractice wrongful death.
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 15, 2018
- Press Release, Dec 3, 2014
- Press Release, Dec 5, 2013
- Press Release, Dec 17, 2012
- Press Release, Dec 16, 2011
- Skillled Nursing Facilities: Docmentation and Other IssuesCleveland, OH, Feb 23, 2018
- Frequent Issues in Medical MalpracticeCleveland, OH, Sep 1, 2017
- Cleveland, OH, Mar 22, 2017
- The Basics of Medical Malpractice and Current Medical Legal Issues in the Emergency RoomWarrensville Heights, OH, Sep 15, 2016
- Medical Malpractice for New Practitioners and Issues Specific to Pain ManagementCleveland, OH, Aug 16, 2016
- Audit Trails and EMRTeamHealth Annual Defense Counsel meeting, New Orleans, LA, Mar 26, 2014
- Life as a Trial LawyerCase Western Reserve University Law School - Cleveland, OH, Sep 13, 2013
- Medical Malpractice in OhioCleveland Clinic Foundation ER Residents for TeamHealth - Sagamore Hills, OH, Sep 4, 2013
- Bad Faith, Prejudgment Interest and Conflict of Interest as it relates to Independent Contractor PhysiciansTeamHealth - Cleveland, OH, Jan 8, 2013
- Emergency Room Triage and Documentation to Reduce Risk - Cleveland Clinic Health SystemSagamore Hills Emergency Room - Sagamore Hills, OH, Aug 6, 2012
- Medical Malpractice Risk Issues in the Emergency RoomTeamHealth Emergency Medicine Residents - Cleveland, OH, Jul 20, 2011
- Anatomy of a Lawsuit & Medical-Legal Issues In The Emergency Room - TeamHealth Emergency Room ResidentsCleveland, OH, Aug 5, 2010
- Emerging Risk Issues in Medical MalpracticeNov 11, 2009
- The importance of contemporaneous documentation for credibility in defense of medical/hospital malpractice claimsOct 21, 2009
- Medical Malpractice in the Emergency Medicine SettingAug 6, 2009
- The Imperfect Doctor-Patient RelationshipApr 30, 2009
- Documentation in Emergency Room Medical Malpractice ClaimsMar 17, 2009
- Who Documents on a Chart, National Business InstituteCleveland, OH, Dec 15, 2008
- Risk Management and Medical Legal Issues in the ER, Cleveland Clinic Foundation-Emergency Room StaffCleveland, Ohio, Jul 17, 2008
- Post Trial Motions, National Business Institute CLECleveland, Ohio, Dec 31, 2007
- Health Information Management and Retention, Ohio Hospital AssociationColumbus, Ohio, Mar 30, 2007
- Risk Management & Documentation in Surgical Nursing, University Hospital Health SystemCleveland, Ohio, Mar 1, 2007
J.D., Cleveland Marshall College of Law, cum laude, 2001
- Cleveland State Law Review, Managing Editor
- Member, Cleveland State Mock Trial Team 1999-2001
B.A., Bowling Green State University, cum laude, 1997
- State of Ohio, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2002