J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2005
- Selected to become a member of the Order of the Barristers, 2005
B.S., Cornell University, 2002
- State of Ohio, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2006
I enjoy working with my clients and providing them with peace of mind concerning their legal issues so that they can focus on their businesses and personal lives instead.
Bethanie defends self-insured and state-funded employers at administrative hearings at the Ohio Industrial Commission as well as in court. She believes in working collaboratively with employers, claim representatives and third-party administrators to defend and manage workers’ compensation claims and help clients minimize their claim costs and exposure.
Bethanie also works with her clients to help them prevent and defend against employment discrimination claims. She has successfully obtained summary judgment for her clients and dismissals of claims on behalf of her clients.
Bethanie founded the Reminger Women’s Initiative and is a shareholder in charge of the firm’s Law Clerk Program. In 2005, Bethanie was selected to become a member of the Order of the Barristers, recognizing her talents in advocacy. She is a Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation board member and fellow, helping to raise money and implement programs that provide education and legal services to those in need in Cleveland.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Named a "Woman in Law Making a Difference" by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Ohio Women's Bar Association
The Justinian Forum
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation
-Board Member and Fellow
"I have had wonderful experiences in the handling of professional liability and employment practices matters with Bethanie."
-Linda, Professional Liability Senior Claims Examiner
- Burke v. Stella Maris Rehabilitation CenterJuly 14, 2016, No violation of statuteEEOC
Defense of claims of race and gender discrimination, as well as a retaliation claim for engaging in unspecified protected activity
- Casini v. CalderaMay 13, 2016, Dismissal and Notice of RightsEEOC
Defense of sexual harassment, hostile work environment and retalitation claims
- W. Rome, et al. v. S. Seidelmann, et al.September 13, 2012, Favorable OutcomeCuyahoga
Defense of D&O, employment practices, and commercial business dispute
- Lora Hamilton v. ADP, Inc.June 13, 2011, Defense VerdictLake
Defense of workers’ compensation claim issue of allowance
- Sandman v. AmayaJuly 19, 2007, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Prosecution of plaintiff auto liabiity personal injury claim.
- N. Morris v. R. SustaricMay 16, 2007, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Prosecution of plaintiff personal injury auto liability case.
- MacDowell v. DeCarloMarch 15, 2007, Defense VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of commercial litigation involving sanction for frivolous conduct and abuse of process.
- Press Release, December 5, 2018
- Press Release, December 6, 2017
- Press Release, December 2, 2016
- Press Release, May 2, 2016
- Press Release, December 2, 2015
- Press Release, December 3, 2014
- Bethanie R. Murray and Carrie Masters Starts Named Co-Chairs of Reminger Co., LPA’s Women’s InitiativePress Release, October 27, 2014
- El Barrio's workforce program is doing the job-With help of Reminger law firm, prospective employees are prepared for opportunityCrain's Cleveland Business, October 27, 2014
- Bethanie R. Murray Honored by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association for “Women in Law Making a Difference”Press Release, October 7, 2014
- Selection Includes 30 Super Lawyers and 16 Rising Stars Across Ohio and KentuckyPress Release, December 5, 2013
- Press Release, December 17, 2012
- Sun Newspapers, June 18, 2012
- Bethanie Ricketts Murray Selected as Member of the 2012-2013 Board of Trustees for the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar FoundationPress Release, May 1, 2012
- Press Release, December 16, 2011
- The View from the Higher ChairCleveland Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, OH, September 27, 2017
- OSIA Conference-SponsorOhio Self Insured AssociationOSIA, Cincinnati, June 18, 2014
- Coverage Issues in Employment Practices Liability ClaimsAkron Bar Association CLE seminar - Akron, OH, June 7, 2013
- Social Media Exposures in the WorkplaceSignature Health, Inc. In-House Seminar - Willoughby, OH, March 20, 2012
- Discrimination in the WorkplaceSignature Health, Inc. In-House Seminar - Willoughby, OH, March 14, 2012
- Sexual Harassment in the WorkplaceHome Team Marketing and Travelers Bond Northeast Ohio Insureds - Cleveland, OH, January 19, 2012
- Violation of Specific Safety Standards in Workers’ CompensationCareWorks Consultants and Gallagher Bassett Claim Departments - Columbus, OH, October 13, 2011
- Employment Practices Liability Major Statutes - Gilbride Insurance Consultants CLE SeminarAkron, OH, December 16, 2010
- Employment Practices Liability - Gilbride Insurance Consultants CLE SeminarWestlake, OH, November 8, 2010
- What Real Estate Operating Officers, Management and Staff Need To Know About Employment Practices LiabilityKeller Williams Regional Franchises Seminar - Cleveland, OH, July 29, 2010
- Issues of Consent and Disclosure for Mental Health Care Facilities, Northcoast Center for Mental HealthConcord, OH, September 27, 2007
- Employment Law Remedies Under Federal, Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana LawsReminger Employment Practices Newsletter - Spring 2013, April 15, 2013
- Female Perspective in a Woman Friendly FirmThe Gavel Cleveland State University College of Law - Winter 2013 Edition, March 8, 2013
- Minimizing Your Company's Exposure to 'Cat's Paw' ClaimsEmployment Practices Group E-Newsletter - Summer 2011, July 1, 2011
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Journal – Spring Edition, May 1, 2011
- Fall 2010 Newsletter, October 14, 2010
- Discovery Tools for the Administrative Workers' Compensation CaseOctober 14, 2010
- Protecting The Peer Review PrivilegeProfessional Risk Management Services (PRMS) 2010 Newsletter, August 1, 2010