The impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic on our daily lives creates an opportune moment to address your estate/trust litigation dispute. Whether because of the Ohio Supreme Court’s emergency orders extending deadlines and case management orders, or the recognition by litigating parties that there are far more important things in life than being locked in costly and difficult litigation, a unique moment is upon us to settle time consuming and costly disputes. Often, however, an intermediary (mediator) is needed to help get the matter settled. Reminger’s estate settlement group is available to assist and serve in that role.
Reminger lawyers have been fighting over estates and trusts going back to 1980, when Leon Weiss (two-time lawyer of the year, Cleveland in estate litigation) started our estate litigation department. Since that time, our practice group has grown to 8 lawyers who, day in and day out, defend and pursue all types of disputes that fall within the umbrella of estate and trust controversies: undue influence/lack of capacity/exploitation/breach of trust/breach of fiduciary duty/ power of attorney abuse/failure to account/guardianship decision making/ appointment and removal of fiduciaries are examples of the services we provide at the highest of levels across the state of Ohio.
Like the “State Farm” commercials, over the 40 years of providing full time, high quality, estate litigation services through verdict and appeal, our lawyers have learned more than a thing or two about what dynamics drive these disputes and how to resolve them. With our deep knowledge and recognized talents/common sense approaches, we believe we can help you settle the difficult estate litigation cases you are handling, and accordingly, offer our mediation services for the cases in which we have no litigation involvement.
Please contact one of us to explore whether we are the right fit to help you bring your case to closure.
 Best lawyers
As co-chair of Reminger’s estate, trust, and probate litigation practice group, you can expect an incredibly broad working knowledge of the areas of law that touch upon the disputes he routinely handles, coupled with a rare ...
Franklin serves as co-chair of Reminger's Probate and Trust Litigation practice group. The majority of Franklin's practice focuses upon litigation involving wills, trusts, guardianship, conservatorship, powers of attorney ...
Leon has over fifty years of experience in trust and estate litigation, will contests, fiduciary law, probate administration and estate planning. He is a nationally renowned attorney in his field and has been selected as a 'Best ...
Russ is a shareholder and chair of Reminger's Guardianships practice group and Mediation/Arbitration practice group. He has been an attorney with Reminger since 1988.
Russ is frequently called on to handle disputes between ...
- Mediation: An Alternative Approach to Estate and Trust Controversies in the Time of Coronavirus
- You Can Count on Reminger During These Uncertain Times
- Ohio’s Response to COVID-19 Impacting Probate/Trust Law and the Courts
- Estate Planning in Light of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- In re Estate of Shaffer – Does the Voiding Statute Apply to Non-Conforming Wills?
- Adam M. Fried Scheduled to Speak at 2020 The Ohio American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellow Meeting
- Timothy Gallagher and Paul Shugar Author Article for January/February 2020 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Attorney Ethics Investigation Uncovers Financial Abuse
- Franklin Malemud Authors Article for November/December 2019 Issue of Probate Law Journal of Ohio
- Adam M. Fried Profiled in Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine