Stella brings over 15 years of employment law and human resource management experience to her role as Of Counsel at Reminger’s Cleveland office. Her practice focuses on preventative employment practice strategies and employment defense. As a Society of Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), Stella combines her experience as an employment attorney with her broad understanding of HR best practices to offer clients a comprehensive approach to their workplace issues.
After graduating, cum laude, from Miami University of Ohio in Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior, Stella returned to her hometown of Cleveland to attend Case Western Reserve Law School earning her J.D. with a focus on labor and employment law. During law school, she traveled to Crete, Greece for a study abroad program where she had the unique opportunity to participate in a class taught by Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Throughout her career, Stella worked as a management-side attorney and a human resource consultant before transitioning to her current role. As Of Counsel, she brings a distinct skillset to Reminger’s clients by providing both employment litigation support and HR law and best practices counsel on a wide array of workplace issues. Stella assists clients with day-to-day employee relations issues to proactively mitigate risks, remedy compliance gaps, and ensure employers are achieving their goals by leveraging the talent and skills of their workforce.
Stella has gained experience in a wide variety of industries and organizations and brings fresh perspective and innovative solutions to her clients. To help clients minimize employment risks, she focuses on preventative strategies throughout the entire employee life cycle – from the hiring process to onboarding and potential wrongful termination claims. Stella spends significant time with clients developing effective corrective action and performance management practices. She also works with clients to devise progressive and fair policies, implement workplace process improvements and build effective and cohesive organizational cultures.
In addition to advocating for clients at administrative hearings or throughout litigation, Stella’s primary areas of expertise are conducting HR audits, workplace investigations, management training, and general employment counseling. She is very experienced in employee handbooks and the development of critical HR infrastructures to assist clients in tackling the challenges of the modern workplace in order to set a more proactive tone. She also assists clients with management of FMLA/ADA issues, harassment and discrimination complaints, and all other issues from hiring to firing and everything in between.
Community & Professional
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Society of Human Resource Management, National and Local Chapters
- Cleveland Jewish News, Aug 28, 2019
- Press Release, Aug 26, 2019
- Racial Unrest, Protests and The Recent LGBTQ Ruling: The Impact on Workplaces and What Employers Need to KnowWebinar, Jun 30, 2020
- Webinar, Jun 2, 2020
- Webinar, May 12, 2020
- Leading with Emotional IntelligencePeninsula, OH, Oct 16, 2019
- Legal Obligations and Best Practices for Employers in the Legalized Marijuana EnvironmentChicago, IL, Sep 24, 2019
- New Ideas in Performance ManagementPeninsula, OH, Sep 18, 2019
- Attracting and Retaining MillennialsColumbus, OH, Sep 10, 2019
- Marijuana in the Workplace – What Employers Need to KnowNordonia, OH, Aug 22, 2019
- Untangling Paid Leave Obligations for Small Businesses Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and Department of Labor GuidanceEmployment Law Recap, Apr 10, 2020
- COVID-19: Layoffs, Furloughs, and Reducing Hours/Wages – What is the Right Approach for Your Business?Client E-Blast, Mar 30, 2020
- Working Remotely Amidst COVID-19 – Reducing Liability Risks Through a Sound Policy and CommunicationMar 30, 2020
- Client E-Blast, Mar 20, 2020
- Client E-Blast, Mar 18, 2020
J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2000
Tulane University Law School
- Study Abroad Program, Crete, Greece
B.S., Miami University, cum laude, 1997
- Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior
- State of Ohio, 2000