J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, summa cum laude, 2002
- Cleveland State Law Review, Articles Editor
- Member, Cleveland State National Mock Trial Team
B.A., Youngstown State University, 1998
- State of Ohio, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2006
As the middle son of an iron worker and a stay-at-home mom, I take inspiration from the sacrifices my parents made and the values they instilled in me. My primary purpose as an attorney is to be of maximum service to my clients and to solve their problems.
Bob serves as the Co-Chair of the Products Liability Practices Group at Reminger. He is also a Leader of the firm's Environmental/Mass Tort Practice Group. Bob focuses his legal practice in the areas of products liability and commercial litigation as well as representing professionals in high exposure malpractice actions. Bob is a trial lawyer who represents both international and domestic corporations in wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases. He represents clients throughout the country and has extensive trial experience in both federal and state courts.
Bob also taught law students as an adjunct professor at Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. He trained second and third year law students in the art of trial advocacy from 2002 through 2008.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Mahoning County Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Trial Advocacy Competition Course, 2002-2008
Obtained a defense verdict in the alleged wrongful death of an eighteen-month-old in federal court on behalf of a sporting goods manufacturer.
Defense verdict on behalf of an automobile manufacturer in a traumatic brain injury case involving an allegedly defective airbag.
Defense verdict on behalf of medical professionals in a wrongful death case.
Obtained defense verdict on behalf of hospital in traumatic birth injury case.
Directed verdict on behalf of sporting goods manufacturer on fire damage claim.
Defense verdict in wrongful death claim on behalf of a manufacturer of commercial garage door openers.
Defense verdict in an employment discrimination case.
"I can't express my appreciation enough, it's beyond words. Thank you for restoring some of my faith that there are good people who actually care. This trait is becoming harder and harder to find in the world today."
- J. Sanson, et al. v. St. Moritz Security Services, Inc., et al.September 4, 2019, Motion to Dismiss GrantedTrumbull
Defense of negligence claim against a security company
- K. Brown v. J. Evans, D. Calabrese and P. ConnSeptember 3, 2018, Motion to Dismiss GrantedU.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Defense of legal malpractice case alleging conspiracy
- Randy Dean Sr. v. Allstate Insurance Agency – Bill FarmakidisJune 28, 2018, Motion for Judgment on Pleadings GrantedPortage
Defense of insurance agent E&O claim
- Wagner Landscaping v. West Blvd. Village Condominium AssociationAugust 22, 2017, Judgment for PlaintiffMahoning
Defense of commercial dispute involving service provider’s claim for compensation for services and lost profits
- July 19, 2017, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedJefferson County
Defense of commercial premises liability personal injury claim
- July 8, 2017, Motion for Judgment on Pleadings grantedTrumbull
Defense of personal injury claim leading to incarceration. (Wal-Mart)
- June 16, 2017, Judgment Affirmed7th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed the trial court’s denial of motion for mistrial due to alleged unfair surprise related to supplemental discovery just prior to trial.
- June 23, 2016, Motion to Dismiss based upon immunity grantedMahoning
Defense of legal malpractice action
- H. Cowin, et al. v. Wal-Mart Stores East, LP, et al.June 3, 2016, Plaintiff VerdictMahoning
Defense of admitted liability personal injury claim
- March 8, 2016, Motion to Dismiss GrantedColumbiana
Defense of insurance agent E&O claim
- M. Bratten v. Aspen DentalFebruary 16, 2016, Motion to Dismiss GrantedMahoning
Defense of dental malpractice claim
- December 23, 2015, Motion to Dismiss GrantedLake
Defense of product liability claim
- September 10, 2015, Judgment Affirmed7th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in wrongful arrest claim
- September 2, 2015, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedColumbiana
Defense of commercial premises liability claim
- June 9, 2015, Reversed7th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in legal malpractice case based on running of statute of limitations
- Demoss v. St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, et al.March 23, 2015, Defense VerdictMahoning
Defense of catastrophic birth injury medical malpractice case
- Marc Cheeks and Antoinette Carter v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.,January 15, 2015, Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings grantedMahoning
Defense of commercial premises personal injury claim
- December 11, 2014, Judgment Affirmed8th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in products liability personal injury claim
- S. Culler v. WMK, Inc., et al.April 18, 2014, Motion to Dismiss GrantedCuyahoga
Defense of products liability matter
- February 3, 2014, Summary Judgment GrantedMahoning
Defense of legal malpractice claim involving shares of stock and in various other business ventures
- Vera Lewis v. Macy’s Inc.November 18, 2013, Finding For DefendantMahoning
Arbitration defense of commercial premises liability claim
- September 10, 2013, Motion For Summary Judgment GrantedMahoning
Defense of products liability personal injury claim
- Michael Miller v. Grace Service, Inc.August 6, 2013, Directed VerdictMahoning
Arbitration defense of property damage miscellaneous professional liability claim
- Theresa Schmidt vs. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.,June 20, 2013, Summary JudgmentBelmont
Defense of improper inspection and service to vehicle
- Paul Martin, et al. v. American Modern Select Insurance Company, et al.April 3, 2013, Judgment on the Pleadings grantedTrumbull
Defense of insurance coverage claim involving damage to insured dwelling during burglary
- Paul Martin, et al. v. American Modern Select Insurance Company, et al.March 12, 2013, Court granted Motion for Judgment on the PleadingsTrumbull
Defense of insurance broker errors and omissions claim
- Gail Little, Admrx. E/O Robert Little v. Humility of Mary Health PartnersSeptember 5, 2012, Defense VerdictMahoning
Defense of wrongful death medical malpractice claim
- March 27, 2012, Judgment Affirmed7th Appellate Dist
Plaintiff appealed adverse trial court judgment in commercial premises liability claim.
- M. Mulinix v. Dish NetworkJuly 15, 2011, Finding For DefendantColumbiana
Arbitration defense of property damage construction case
- May 27, 2009, Motions for Summary Judgment deniedU.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
The District Court, Katz, J., held that: i) owner was not required to allege that settlement extinguished manufacturer's and seller's liability in order to state contribution claim, and
- G. Flower v. Bianco & Son Marine.February 23, 2009, Defense VerdictMahoning
Arbitration defense of property damage commercial premises liability claim
- J. Jedlick v. Hyndai AmericaOctober 24, 2007, Defense VerdictAshtabula
Defense of catastrophic brain injury auto design liabiity claim.
- S. Shapiro v. Freehold Cartage Inc.April 2, 2007, Plaintiff VerdictCuyahoga
Defense of clear liability trucking personal injury claim.
- Robert Yallech Quoted in The Morning Journal Article on Oil and Gas Industry Client and Fracking WasteColumbiana facility waits for ODNR approvalThe Morning Journal, September 22, 2014
- Press Release, December 16, 2011
- DRI Products Liability Seminar - New Orleans, LA, April 8, 2011
- An Overview of Commercial Premises Liability Causes of Action - Wal-Mart Claims Management, Inc.Bartlesville, OK, March 6, 2011
- Products Liability Practice Group Newsletter, December 16, 2016
- June 26, 2015
- Newsletter, June 6, 2014
- Reminger Client Tools, November 15, 2013
- Ohio Products Liability Law MonographReminger Client Tools, April 1, 2011
- Kentucky Products Liability Law MonographReminger Client Tools, April 1, 2011
- 50 State Overview of Joint and Several LiabilityReminger Client Tool, December 1, 2010
- 50 State Survey of Statutes of Repose for Product Liability and Improvement to Real EstateDecember 1, 2009
- "Owner Not Required to Allege that Settlement Extinguished Manufacturer's and Seller's Liability in Cause of Action for Contribution Claim."May 27, 2009
- A User's Guide to the Medicare/Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007May 4, 2009