J.D., University of Akron, School of Law, summa cum laude, 2003
B.A., The Ohio State University, cum laude, 1997
A.A., The Ohio State University, 1996
- State of Ohio, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th District, 2008
I always try to keep my clients' feelings in mind during my representation of them. One of the greatest compliments I can receive from a client is that I made them feel better during a time of tremendous anxiety and uncertainty.
Robert is based in Reminger's Columbus office, where he focuses his practice in the areas of medical and dental negligence through the representation of physicians, hospitals, dentists and medical personnel in a variety of settings. Robert also defends architects and engineers in design and construction cases, as well as defending clients in cases involving premises liability, products liability, general liability and other areas of professional negligence.
Robert returned to Reminger after serving as a senior litigation attorney for a large property and casualty insurance company. He also previously served as a Special Agent of the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation, where he investigated allegations of fraud and abuse involving the state fund.
Robert is a member of various professional associations. He is a frequent lecturer to legal and non-legal professionals in the areas of medical negligence and tort reform.
Honors & Recognitions
Columbus Business First "Forty Under 40"-Class of 2008
Leadership Columbus, 2009
Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
Professional Memberships & Community Affiliations
Ohio State Bar Association
Columbus Bar Association
National Rifle Association
National Shooting Sports Foundation
Glock Sport Shooting Foundation
Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial involving the death of a 94 year old resident who fell in an open elevator in the client’s assisted living facility during a power outage.
Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial for a hospital in a premises liability claim involving a plaintiff who tripped over a wheelchair operated by my client’s employee.
Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial for a construction company that allegedly flooded an apartment complex during work on the sanitary sewer system in the area.
Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial for a dentist who was sued for failing to diagnose and treat osteomyelitis resulting in the loss of a large portion of the patient’s mandible.
Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial for a nurse practitioner involving the death of a deputy sheriff who the NP administered medications to and who allegedly fell asleep from the medications while driving home.
- E/O of James Brown v. Carolyn Campbell, CNPDecember 2016, Defense VerdictPickaway
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving the administration of Vistaril and then allowing the patient to drive home.
- Jada Horne v. Darrell Jensen, DMDOctober 2016, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of dental malpractice claim alleging osteomyelitis from infected implant.
- Connie DeWeese v. Berger Health System, Inc.November 2014, Defense VerdictPickaway
Defense of premises liability claim involving a person who tripped over a wheelchair brought out by hospital volunteer.
- E/O Pytlik v. Beacon HouseDecember 2013, Defense VerdictBelmont
Defense of long term care liability claim involving the death of a patient with dementia in assisted living facility who fell into an open elevator during power outage.
- E/O Neil Aquino v. Dr. ScheetzDecember 2011, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving the death of a physician after oral surgery and loss of airway.
- E/O Bryant v. Dr. SimonApril 2011, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of medical malpractice claim involving the death of a man from prostate cancer.
- Estate of Catherine Hodge v. Pleasant Hill ManorDecember 2009, Defense VerdictScioto
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging negligent trach tube care, causing anoxia and death.
- Bunce v. Dr. HanAugust 2008, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of malpractice claim involving lap chole and post-operative infection/management.
- North Creek Apartments v. Kokosing Construction CompanyOctober 2007, Defense VerdictHamilton
Defense of claim alleging negligent construction during installation of sanitary sewer
system causing flooding of numerous apartments.
- Gipson v. Midwest TherapyMay 2007, Defense VerdictMontgomery
Defense of claim alleging negligent physical therapy following knee replacement, causing need for 2nd replacement surgery.
- Copeland v. Dr. Hudson-StantonMay 2006, Defense VerdictPike County Court of Common Pleas
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging excessive application of cryosurgery leading to permanent disability.
- E/O Cindy Hane v. Doctors’ West Hospital, et al.August 2005, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging that ER services caused a delay in the detection of pneumonia, leading to wrongful death.
- E/O Vicki Miller v. James Hering, M.D.February 2004, Defense VerdictFranklin
Defense of medical malpractice claim alleging failure to detect occult renal cancer at the time of removal of lung cancer.
- Press Release, February 8, 2019